Jai Courtney is an Australian actor. He started his career with small roles in films and television series before being cast as Charlie in the action film Jack Reacher. He went on to star in A Good Day to Die Hard and I, Frankenstein and The Exception. Courtney had a recurring role as Varro in the television series Spartacus: Blood and Sand. Jai played Eric in the science fiction action film Divergent and in 2015, he reprised the role in the sequel, Insurgent.
Jai Stephen Courtney
Birthday / Date of Birth
Jai Courtney was born on the 15th of March 1986, in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
He’s currently 34 years old.
Los Angeles, California, United States
Jai went to Galston Public School, where his mom was a teacher. Finishing that, he moved to Cherrybrook Technology High School in New South Wales. After completing high school, he enrolled at the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts in Mount Lawley, Western Australia where he studied acting. He graduated from college in 2008.
- Father – Chris Courtney (Worked for an electricity company)
- Mother – Karen Courtney (Teacher at Galston Public School)
- Siblings – He has an older sister.
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jai Courtney has dated –
- Gemma Pranita (2006-2013) – From 2006 to 2013, Jai dated Thai-born Australian actress, Gemma Pranita.
- Emilia Clarke (2015) – From February 2015 to June 2015, English actress Emilia Clarke & Jai dated each other. They came closer during the filming of the 2015 film Terminator Genisys in which they both acted.
- In feet – 6 feet 1 inches
- In centimeters – 185 cm
- In meters – 1.85 m
- In Kilograms – 93 kg
- In Pounds – 205 lbs
- Measurements – 44–16–34
- Chest – 44 in or 112 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16 in or 41 cm
- Waist – 34 in or 86 cm
He wears a size 11.5 (US) shoe.
Courtney became known for his role as Eric Coulter in the science fiction action film Divergent (2013), as Kyle Reese in the science fiction action film Terminator Genisys (2015).
In 2005, Jai first appeared in a short film Boys Grammar as Alex which also starred Daniel Feuerriegel and Adam J. Yeend.
In 2008, Jai appeared in two episodes of Seven Network’s medical drama series All Saints for his role as Harry Avent.
Courtney has served as the brand ambassador for Bonds (Underwear company).
Jai Courtney Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Tom Cruise, Johnny Depp
- Favorite Actress – Julia Roberts, Kate Winslet
- Favorite Singer – Rihanna
- Favorite Superhero – Batman
- Favorite Animal – Lion
- Favorite TV Show – Game of Thrones
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Food – Fast Food
Jai Courtney Net worth
Jai Courtney has an estimated net worth of $3 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jai Courtney
- Besides incredible acting, Jai can also sing and play guitar. Watch him singing on YouTube.
- If he wasn’t an actor, he would have been a musician.
- He had attended the drama school with another Australian actress Viva Bianca.
- Jai was very good friends with actor Andy Whitfield until his death in 2011. He now is close to his wife and children.
- In 2014, he appeared in the film I, Frankenstein as Gideon, leader of the gargoyle army and in Felony as Jim Melic.
- Courtney provided backing vocals on the Pinch Hitter song “All of a Sudden” from their debut album, When Friends Die in Accidents.
- In March 2015, Courtney signed on to play Captain Boomerang in the DC Comics film Suicide Squad alongside Will Smith, Jared Leto and Margot Robbie.