Monica Bellucci is an Italian actress and model. Bellucci began her career as a fashion model, modeling for the likes of Dolce & Gabbana and Dior, before making a transition to Italian films and later Hollywood films and French films. She is often considered among the most beautiful women in the world. She is perhaps best known to American audiences for her role as Persephone in the 2003 science-fiction films The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions.
Monica Anna Maria Bellucci
Actress, Fashion Model
Birthday / Date of Birth
Monica Bellucci was born on September 30, 1964 in Citta di Castello, Umbria, Italy.
She is currently 54 years old.
Monica Bellucci attended the University of Perugia.
- Father – Pasquale Bellucci
- Mother – Brunella Briganti
- Siblings – Unknown
Boyfriend / Spouse
Monica Bellucci has dated –
- Claudio Basso (1989 – 1990) – Monica commenced dating Claudio Basso in 1989. The couple got married on January 3, 1990, but they lived happily only for 5 months and got divorced on June 25, 1990.
- Vincent Cassel (1996 – 2013) – Bellucci and Vincent met on the set of L’ Apartment in 1996. After dating for 3 years, they got married on August 3, 1999. The couple got divorced in August 2013. Monica and Vincent have two children, Deva (born September 12, 2004) and Leonie (born May 20, 2010).
- In feet – 5 feet 7 inches
- In centimeters – 170 cm
- In meters – 1.70 m
- In Kilograms – 64 kg
- In Pounds – 140 lbs
- Measurements – 37-25-36
- Bust – 37 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 36 inches
- Bra Size – 34C
Her dress size is 6 (US).
She wears a size 8 (US) shoe.
Monica is considered to be one of the most beautiful women that have ever lived. She is known for her great looks and her perfect body. Despite her natural beauty, she is also known for her acts in the movies Malèna (2000), The Matrix Reloaded (2003) and The Passion of the Christ (2004).
Monica first gained notice in the TV movie Vita Coi Figli in 1990, playing as Elda.
Bellucci appeared in the TV series Platane (2011) playing as herself.
Monica had signed endorsement contracts with the fashion houses Dolce & Gabbana, Diorand Bloomingdales.
Awards & Nominations
|2003||Italian National Syndicate of Film Journalists||Silver Ribbon for Best Supporting Actress||Ricordati di me||Won|
|2005||Globo d’oro||European Golden Globe||Won|
|1997||César Awards||Best Promising Actress||The Apartment||Nominated|
|2001||European Film Awards||Audience Award for Best Actress||Malèna||Nominated|
|2003||Saturn Award||Best Supporting Actress||Brotherhood of the Wolf||Nominated|
|2003||Cinescape Genre Face of the Future Award||Best Female||The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions||Nominated|
|2003||David di Donatello Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Ricordati di me||Nominated|
|2003||Teen Choice Awards||Choice Movie Female Breakout Star||The Matrix Reloaded and Tears of the Sun||Nominated|
|2004||MTV Movie Awards||Best Kiss||The Matrix Reloaded||Nominated|
|2005||Italian National Syndicate of Film Journalists||Silver Ribbon for Best Supporting Actress||The Passion of the Christ||Nominated|
|2007||Italian National Syndicate of Film Journalists||Silver Ribbon for Best Supporting Actress||N||Nominated|
|2017||Italian National Syndicate of Film Journalists||European Nastro D’Argento||On the Milky Road||Won|
Monica Bellucci Favorites
- Favorite Movie – A Special Day (1977)
- Favorite Poem – A Silvia
- Favorite London Pub – The Butcher’s Hook in Fulham
- Favorite Stone – Diamond
- Favorite Jewelry Brand – Cartier
Monica Bellucci Net worth
Monica Bellucci has an estimated net worth of $45 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Portfolio
- Facebook – Monica Bellucci
- Instagram – monicabellucciofficiel
- Twitter – Monica Bellucci
Some Lesser Known Facts About Monica Bellucci
- She has fluency in English, Italian, French, Persian and Spanish.
- Monica began modeling to pay her university tuition fee.
- In 1988, Bellucci moved to one of Europe’s fashion centres, Milan, where she signed with Elite Model Management.
- In 1998, Monica appeared in a calendar for the Italian magazine Max.
- The actress was ranked #6 in Maxim magazine’s Hot 50 Women in 1999.
- In 2002, Bellucci was ranked number 1 in Askmen’s – Top 99 Most Desirable Women.
- In 2003, she was featured in Maxim. Men’s Health also named her one of the “100 Hottest Women of All-Time”, ranking her at No. 21.
- She has an apartment at King’s Road, London, England.
- In one interview, Monica said that she was inspired for acting by Sophia Loren and Claudia Cardinale.
- She enjoys watching the Italian national football team.
- Monica has a statue made of wax, in the Gervin’s Museum in Paris.
- Rockin’ Squat is her brother-in-law, and Cecile Cassel her sister-in-law.
- In 2006, she was a jury member at the Cannes Film Festival.
- In 2012, she became the new face of Dolce & Gabbana. She is managed by Elite+ in New York City. Bellucci is signed to D’management Group in Milan and also to Storm Model Management in London.