Rafael Nadal is a Spanish professional tennis player, currently ranked world No. 2 in men’s singles tennis by the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP). Nadal has the most clay court titles in the Open Era (58) and holds an all-time record of 11 French Open, 11 Monte-Carlo Masters and 11 Barcelona titles. He also has the longest single surface win streak in matches (clay courts, 81) and in sets (clay courts, 50) in the history of the Open Era.
Rafael Nadal Parera
Rafa, The King of Clay, Rafi, Spain’s Raging Bull, El Nino
Professional Tennis Player
Left-Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
Birthday / Date of Birth
Rafael Nadal was born on June 03, 1986 in Manacor, Balearic Islands, Spain.
Nadal is currently 32 years old.
Manacor, Mallorca, Balearic Islands, Spain
Rafa has a doctoral degree “Doctor Honoris Causa” from the European University of Madrid. He received that in 2015.
- Father – Sebastian Nadal (Businessman and owner of an insurance, glass and window company, Vidres Mallorca and a restaurant named Sa Punta)
- Mother – Ana Maria Parera (Housewife)
- Siblings – Maria Isabel (Younger Sister)
- Others – Miguel Angel Nadal (Uncle) (Former professional footballer who played for FC Barcelona, RCD Mallorca and the Spanish national team), Toni Nadal (Uncle) (Former professional tennis player) (Tennis Coach)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rafael Nadal has dated –
- Maria Francisca Perello (2005-Present) – On December 7, 2005, Nadal began dating the Spanish girl Maria Francisca Perello. After dating for 5 years, the couple got engaged on April 21, 2010. In January 2019, it was announced that the couple are set to marry.
- In feet – 6 feet 0¼ inches
- In centimeters – 183.5 cm
- In meters – 1.83 m
- In Kilograms – 85 kg
- In Pounds – 188 lbs
- Measurements – 43-15½-32
- Chest – 43 in or 109 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15.5 in or 39.5 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
Nadal wears a size 11 (US) shoe.
Being one of the best players in the history of tennis. The popular Rafa has been regarded as one of the most prominent clay-court players in the history.
Tennis Match Debut
Rafa won his first ATP match in April 2002 against Ramon Delgado. At the time, he was only 15 years old and was ranked as No. 762 on the official ATP list.
Rafa has not acted in a feature movie yet. He has been seen in several TV movies though.
Other than tennis matches itself, Nadal has appeared in the TV series documentary No Strings in 2004 as himself.
Nadal has signed sponsorship contracts with Kia Motors (Since 2006) (In May 2015, Rafa continued the deal for another five years), Nike, Richard Mille, PokerStars, Emporio Armani Underwear and Armani Jeans, Lanvin, etc.
Rafael Nadal Favorites
- Favorite Soccer Team – Real Madrid, FC Barcelona
- Favorite Surface – Clay
- Favorite Japanese Anime – Dragon Ball
Rafael Nadal Net worth
Rafael Nadal has an estimated net worth of $180 million dollars as of 2019 which includes his sumptuous car collection and a luxurious home in Mallorca, Spain. He also has expensive villas in Porto Cristo in Spain & the Dominican Republic. He likes to spend his holidays in his villas and luxurious yachts. His salary/earnings for the year 2018 is $14.4 million whereas his income from several endorsements was about $27 million.
Social Media Portfolio
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rafael Nadal
- Nadal was first introduced to tennis by his uncle Toni Nadal at the age of three.
- Besides Real Madrid, Nadal is an avid supporter of RCD Mallorca.
- When he was 8 years old, Rafa won a regional U-12 tennis tournament.
- As a kid, he was also a promising football player.
- Nadal won the U-12 Spanish and European tennis tournament.
- He turned professional tennis player at 15.
- Rafael achieved a victory over the legendary Swiss tennis player Roger Federer in their first official match-up. At the time, Nadal was only 17 years old.
- He won his first Grand Slam title at French Open at the age of 19.
- His biggest rivals during his career had been Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray.
- Rafa opened a foundation called Fundacion Rafa Nadal in February 2008.
- In June 2009, it was reported that his parents parted ways.
- He supports the Spanish national football team. Rafa was one of the six people who were given access to the Spanish football team locker room after they won the finals of the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
- In 2010, Nadal became the ambassador of a company that produces biscuits, bakery, and chocolate coated products named, Quely.
- In February 2010, Nadal appeared in Shakira’s music video of “Gypsy”.
- In July 8, 2010, Nadal joined the team of shareholders of RCD Mallorca in order to help the team get out of the debt. He was offered the role of vice president which he did not accept.
- In August 2011, John Carlin published Nadal’s autobiography called Rafa.
- In December 2013, Rafa competed against the retired Brazilian football player, Ronaldo and four other players in a charity poker tournament which he managed to win.
- He loves playing golf and poker. In April 2014, Rafa faced the number 1 female poker player Vanessa Selbst in a poker match in Monaco.
- In April 2017, the centre court of the Barcelona Open was named pista Rafa Nadal.
- Visit his official website @ rafaelnadal.com.