Rose Byrne is an Australian actress. She made her screen debut in the film Dallas Doll, and continued to act in Australian film and television throughout the 1990s. She obtained her first leading film role in The Goddess of 1967 which brought her the Volpi Cup for Best Actress and made the transition to Hollywood in the small role of Dormé in Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones, followed by larger parts in Troy, Knowing and 28 Weeks Later.
Mary Rose Byrne
Birthday / Date of Birth
Rose Byrne was born on July 24, 1979, in Balmain, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
She’s currently 39 years old.
She has Irish and Scottish ancestry.
Rose attended Balmain Public School and Hunters Hill High School in Sydney, New South Wales. Subsequently, Rose studied at Bradfield College in Crows Nest. Later, she graduated from the University of Sydney. She also studied acting from Atlantic Theatre Company and Australian Theatre for Young People.
- Father – Robin Byrne (Semi-retired statistician as well as market researcher)
- Mother – Jane Byrne (Primary school administrator)
- Siblings – George Byrne (Older Brother), Alice Byrne (Older Sister), Lucy Byrne (Older Sister)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rose Byrne dated –
- Gregor Jordan (1999-2002) – From 1999 to 2002, Rose dated Australian film director, Gregor Jordan.
- Brendan Cowell (2003-2010) – Rose dated actor Brendan for almost seven years starting from 2003. They split in early 2010 due to a long-distance relationship. They even spent most of their seven years living on the opposite side of the country.
- Bobby Cannavale (2012-Present) – Rose Byrne is dating American actor Bobby Cannavale. She gave birth to their first child, a son Rocco Robin Cannavale on February 1, 2016. They welcomed their second son, Rafa Cannavale on November 16, 2017.
- In feet – 5 feet 6 inches
- In centimeters – 168 cm
- In meters – 1.68 m
- In Kilograms – 53 kg
- In Pounds – 117 lbs
- Measurements – 32-23-33
- Bust – 32 inches
- Waist – 23 inches
- Hip – 33 inches
- Bra Size – 30B
She wears a size 8 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 3 (US).
Playing Dormé in the 2002 film Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones, Briseis in 2004 film Troy, Yolande de Polastron in 2006 film Marie Antoinette, Helen Harris in 2011 film Bridesmaids, Moira MacTaggert in the 2011 film X-Men: First Class. She is also known for playing Ellen Parsons in the legal thriller TV series Damages from 2007 to 2012.
Rose Byrne landed her first acting role as Rastus Sommers in the 1994 film ‘Dallas Doll’. Since then, she has starred in a number of commercial successful films like ‘Bridesmaids’, ‘Neighbors’, ‘Insidious’ films, to name a few.
In 1995, Rose appeared in an Australian television soap opera Echo Point for her role as Belinda O’Connor. She appeared in a total of 100 episodes.
She appeared in a television commercial for Sony in 1999. She is a brand ambassador for NIDA’s (National Institute of Dramatic Art) Young Actors Studio.
Awards & Nominations
|2000||Volpi Cup for Best Actress||The Goddess of 1967||Won|
|2002||Film Critics Circle of Australia Award for Best Actor- Female||Nominated|
|2003||AACTA Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role||The Rage in Placid Lake||Nominated|
|2007||AFI International Award for Best Actress||Damages||Won|
|2008||Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress – Series, Miniseries or Television Film||Nominated|
|2009||Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series||Nominated|
|AFI International Award for Best Actress||Nominated|
|2010||Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress – Series, Miniseries or Television Film||Nominated|
|Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series||Nominated|
|Satellite Award for Best Supporting Actress – Series, Miniseries or Television Film||Nominated|
|IGN Summer Movie Award for Best TV Actress||Won|
|2011||Best Acting Ensemble||Bridesmaids||Nominated|
|2012||Central Ohio Film Critics Association Award for Best Ensemble||Nominated|
|New York Film Critics Online Awards for Best Cast||Won|
|Washington D.C. Area Film Critics Association Award for Best Cast||Won|
|Critics’ Choice Movie Award for Best Acting Ensemble||Nominated|
|MTV Movie Award for Best Jaw Dropping Moment||Won|
|MTV Movie Award for Best Cast||Nominated|
|Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture||Nominated|
|Fright Meter Award for Best Actress||Insidious||Nominated|
|Scream Award for Best Horror Actress||Nominated|
|Fangoria Chainsaw Award for Best Leading Actress||Won|
|2014||AACTA Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role||The Turning||Won|
|Film Critics Circle of Australia Award for Best Actor- Female||Won|
|MTV Movie Award for Best Scared-As-S**t Performance||Insidious: Chapter 2||Nominated|
|MAXMARA Face of The Future Award||N/A||Won|
|2015||Critics’ Choice Movie Award for Best Actress in a Comedy||Neighbors||Nominated|
|MTV Movie Award for Best WTF Moment||Won|
|MTV Movie Award for Best Comedic Performance||Nominated|
|MTV Movie Award for Best Kiss||Nominated|
|AACTA Trailblazer Award||N/A||Won|
|Teen Choice Award for Choice Movie Villain||Spy||Nominated|
|Georgia Film Critics’ Association Award for Best Supporting Actress||Nominated|
|Utah Film Critics’ Society Award for Best Supporting Actress||Won|
|Village Voice Film Poll for Best Supporting Actress||Nominated|
Rose Byrne Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Jack Nicholson
- Favorite Actresses – Cate Blanchett, Glenn Close, Judy Davis, Juliette Binoche, Susan Sarandon, Toni Collette
- Favorite Singers – Bob Marley, Elvis Presley, Fleet Foxes, Fleetwood Mac, Pat Benatar, Ryan Adams
Rose Byrne Net worth
Rose Byrne has a net worth of $17 million dollars as of 2019. She lives in New York, United States.
Social Media Profiles
She’s not on social media.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rose Byrne
- Byrne started learning acting at the age of eight by entering into Australian Theatre for Young People.
- In 2006, she was named at #16 on FHM’s Sexiest Women in the World, Australian edition.
- She is a graduate and ambassador for NIDA’s (National Institute of Dramatic Art) Young Actors Studio.
- She was included in the Most Beautiful People of 2007 list in Who Magazine.
- In 2008, she ranked #5 in Hallmark Channel’s TV’s sexiest leading woman poll.
- She was considered for the role of Ruth in Jane Campion’s Holy Smoke (1999) but, it finally went to Kate Winslet.
- Rose was voted #78 on Ask men’s Top 99 ‘most desirable’ woman of 2012 list.
- In 2014, Byrne became the face of Oroton, the Australian producer of luxury fashion accessories.
- She ranked #7 in People Magazine’s Best Dressed Celebrities of 2015.
- She was 6 months pregnant with her second son Rafa when she completed the filming of the 2017 comedy film, ‘I Love You, Daddy’.