John Depp is an American actor, producer and musician. He has been nominated for 10 Golden Globe Awards, winning one for Best Actor for his performance of the title role in Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street and has been nominated for three Academy Awards for Best Actor, among other accolades. He is regarded as one of the world’s biggest film stars. Depp is the third highest-grossing actor worldwide, as films featuring Depp have grossed over $3.7 billion at the United States box office and over $10 billion worldwide. He has been listed in the 2012 Guinness World Records as the world’s highest-paid actor, with earnings of $75 million.
John Christopher Depp II
Mr. Stench, Colonel, Donkey Dick, Johnny Depp
Actor, Producer, Musician
Birthday / Date of Birth
Johnny Depp was born on 9th of June 1963, in Owensboro, Kentucky, United States.
He’s currently 56 years old.
Johnny Depp went to Miramar High School, Miramar, Florida, USA but he dropped out at the age of 15 to become a rock musician. Actually, when he was 12, he got a guitar from his mother, as a gift on his birthday. He started playing in the garage bands and thought of pursuing his career as a musician.
- Father – John Christopher Depp (Civil Engineer)
- Mother – Betty Sue Palmer (née Wells) (Waitress)
- Siblings – Debbie Depp (Older Sister), Christi Dembrowski (Older Sister) (Film Producer), Daniel Depp (Older Brother) (Screenwriter)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Johnny Depp has dated –
- Lori Anne Allison (1983-1985) – Makeup artist, Lori was married to Depp from 1983 to 1985. She introduced Depp to her friends and fellow actor Nicolas Cage, which helped Johnny to get his first big role in his debut movie itself, A Nightmare on Elm Street, released in 1984.
- Sherilyn Fenn (1985-1988) – American actress, Fenn was engaged to Depp during this interval. They first met on the sets of Dummies. After that, they separated to pursue their own careers in different parts of the country.
- Jennifer Grey (1989) – In 1989, Jenni and Depp were reportedly engaged. Though, this news didn’t last long.
- Winona Ryder (1989-1993) – Winona and Johnny met at the premiere of Great Balls of Fire! in June 1989. Soon after that, they started dating. Post several months, they engaged. Johnny also had a tattoo, which said: Winona Forever. But, this relationship also had an end, in 1993. Post which, he changed the tattoo to Wino Forever.
- Kate Moss (1994-1998) – Both Johnny and British Supermodel, Kate dated for quite a long time. Though, their relationship was not smooth. It had sometimes gone OFF also.
- Vanessa Paradis (1998-2012) – French actress and singer, Vanessa Paradis met in June 1998 when Depp was filming The Ninth Gate in France. They had a long relationship of 14 years together, during which they had 2 children – daughter Lily-Rose Melody Depp (born 1999) and son John Jack Christopher Depp III (born 2002).
- Amber Heard (2011-2017) – Johnny started dating actress and model Amber Heard in late 2011. US Weekly reported that Johnny treats her very well and he bought her a horse also. They have even slept together many times. They met for the first time on the set of 2009 movie The Rum Diary. The couple engaged in 2013 and married on February 3, 2015, in a private civil ceremony at their home in LA. They split in May 2016 and filed for divorce which was finalized in 2017.
- In feet – 5 feet 10 inches
- In centimeters – 178 cm
- In meters – 1.78 m
- In Kilograms – 78 kg
- In Pounds – 172 lbs
His shoe size is 11 (US).
Johnny Depp received acclaim for his roles in films such as Arizona Dream (1993), Sleepy Hollow (1999). Once Upon a Time in Mexico (2003), Finding Neverland (2004), Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005), Pirates of the Caribbean Series (2003 – Present), Alice in Wonderland (2010), The Tourist (2010), Dark Shadows (2012), The Lone Ranger (2013), and Transcendence (2014), among others.
In 1984, Depp appeared in a horror slasher film A Nightmare on Elm Street for his role as Glen Lantz. He got a big role, as an actor, in his debut movie.
Crime drama television series Lady Blue was his debut show. He appeared only in a single episode titled Beasts of Prey for his role as Lionel Viland.
Johnny Depp Favorites
- Favorite People – Hunter S Thompson, Jack Kerouac, Banksy
- Favorite Bands – The Rolling Stones, Taraf De Haidouks, Beatles, Aerosmith, Oasis
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Places – London, Miramar, Owensboro, New York, Los Angeles, Meudon, Paris, Saint-Tropez, Malibu, Miami, Norfolk
- Favorite Accessories – Fedora Hat, Wristbands, Sunglasses, Eyeglasses
- Favorite Food – Mexican Food, Pork, Chicken
Johnny Depp Net worth
Johnny Depp has a estimated net worth of $200 million dollars as of 2020. As per the company claims, Johnny reportedly spends $3.6 million per year to maintain a 40-person full-time staff, $30,000 per month on wine, $150,000 per month on bodyguards, and $200,000 per month on private jet travel. He also reportedly spent $75 million to purchase more than 14 homes around the world including a 45 acre chateau in France, a horse farm in Kentucky, several islands in the Bahamas. He owns several yachts, more than 45 cars, 12 storage facilities worth of memorabilia and an art collection that includes works by artists such as Andy Warhol. He owns a 150 year old mansion in Somerset, England which is set amid Quantock Hills. He purchased his West Hollywood Mansion, located in West Hollywood California in 1996 and a villa named Plan-de-la Villa in 1998. He owns a yacht called Vajoliroja yacht, which is formed by the first two letters of his name, his then-wife Vanessa and his kids Lily Rose and Jack. Although he has several cars in possession, his favorite car is 1959 Corvette.
Social Media Profiles
He’s not on social media.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Johnny Depp
- As a child, Johnny was allergic to chocolates.
- He started his career as a musician who is good in playing guitars and drums. He has collaborated with famous singer for their albums and with various bands.
- It was actor Nicolas Cage who advised him to try acting.
- In 1990, Depp played the title character in Tim Burton’s film Edward Scissorhands, in which he starred opposite Dianne Wiest and Winona Ryder.
- In 1994, he was arrested for having caused significant damage to New York Hotel suite. However, the charges were dropped against him after he agreed to pay $9,767 in damages.
- In 1994, Depp reunited with director Tim Burton, playing the title role in Ed Wood, a biographical film about one of history’s most inept film directors.
- In 1997, Depp starred alongside Al Pacino in the crime drama Donnie Brasco, directed by Mike Newell.
- In 1999, he was honoured with César, France’s national film award.
- He has 13 tattoos, highlighting various important persons and events in life.
- He had donated $2 million to Great Ormond Street Hospital as a gratitude for curing his daughter from E. coli, which resulted in temporary kidney failure.
- In 2003, Depp starred in the Walt Disney Pictures adventure film Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, which was a major box office success.
- In 2004, Depp formed his production company Infinitum Nihil to develop projects where he will serve as actor or producer. Depp is the founder and CEO, while his sister, Christi Dembrowski, serves as president.
- In 2008, Depp won a Golden Globe Award for Best Actor, Motion Picture for his role in Sweeney Todd.
- In 2012, he earned a Guinness Record for being the highest paid actor with $75 million.
- In July 2012, Depp announced he would be co-editor, alongside Douglas Brinkley, of folk singer Woody Guthrie’s novel House of Earth, which was published in 2013.
- He had donated $2 million to Great Ormond Street Hospital as a gratitude for curing his daughter from E. coli, which caused her kidneys to shut down.
- In 2014, Depp played electric guitar on the Kansas City track of Lost on the River, the Bob Dylan lyrics collaboration album by The New Basement Tapes.
- In 2015, Depp formed the supergroup Hollywood Vampires with Alice Cooper and Joe Perry, where he also reunited with Bruce Witkin from his early 1980s band The Kids.
- In 2016, Depp played businessman and United States presidential candidate Donald Trump in a Funny or Die satire film entitled Donald Trump’s The Art of the Deal: The Movie.
- In March 2016, Depp cut ties with his management company, the Management Group and accused them of improperly managing his money.
- In April 2016, Heard appeared in the Southport Magistrates Court and pleaded guilty to falsifying quarantine documents, stating that she was sleep deprived and made a mistake.
- In November 2016, Depp joined the campaign Imprisoned for Art to call for the release of Ukrainian filmmaker Oleg Sentsov, who was being held in custody in Russia.
- In 2018, they embarked on another world tour, during which Depp sang David Bowie’s Heroes as a tribute to the late singer.
- In July 2018, Depp was sued for allegedly punching a crew member twice in the ribs during a foul-mouthed tirade. Court documents stated that the actor reeked of alcohol and took drugs on set.