John Krasinski is an American actor and filmmaker. He is best known for his role as Jim Halpert on the NBC sitcom The Office. He also served as a producer and occasional director of the series throughout its nine-season run. Krasinski is the recipient of a number of accolades, including four Primetime Emmy Award nominations and two Screen Actors Guild Awards. Time named him one of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2018.
John Burke Krasinski
Actor, Director, Producer, Screenwriter
Birthday / Date of Birth
John Krasinski was born on 20 October 1979, in Brighton, Boston, Massachusetts, United States.
He’s currently 39 years old.
New York, New York, United States
John has Polish father and Irish mother.
Krasinski graduated from Newton South High School in 1997.He later enrolled at the Brown University where he studied theatre arts under Lowry Marsh and John Emigh, and graduating in 2001 as a playwright with the honors thesis “Contents Under Pressure”. He also went to National Theater Institute in Waterford, Connecticut, to hone his acting skills. He also attended the Royal Shakespeare Company, Stratford-upon-Avon, England and The Actors Center, New York City.
- Father – Ronald Krasinski (Doctor specializing in Internal Medicine)
- Mother – Mary Clare Doyle (Nurse)
- Siblings – Kevin Krasinski (Oldest Brother) (Doctor), Paul Krasinski (Older Brother) (Strategic Consultant)
- Others – Felicity Blunt (Sister-in-law) (Literary Agent), Stanley Tucci (Brother-in-law) (Felicity’s husband – Actor, Director, Producer)
Girlfriend / Spouse
John has dated –
- Rashida Jones (2005–2006) – The famous actress was a part of popular sitcoms, The Office (2005–2013) and Parks and Recreation (2009–2015) and started dating John about the time their characters on The Office were also paired romantically. Krasinski rooted for Rashida to get the job on his show and even though, their relationship did not work out on screen or in real life, their break-up was amicable. They were often seen going out a few times post-breakup as well.
- Renée Zellweger (2007) – They were publicly seen grabbing a cup of coffee together a couple of times while filming the movie, Leatherheads (2008) which sparked speculation that the two might be dating. But, it proved to be a RUMOR.
- Emily Blunt (2008–Present) – John met Emily through a chance meeting right after relocating to Los Angeles. At that time, he was more concerned about settling in the new city and not on the look-out for a relationship. He took Emily to a gun range for their first date hoping for the worst, but his attraction towards her only got stronger. He felt lucky to know that Emily reciprocated his feelings and was eager to propose lest she had second thoughts. They got engaged in August 2009 and had a destination wedding in Italy in July 2010. The ceremony was organized at good friend, George Clooney’s Lake Como estate who was also one of the guests with his then girlfriend, Elisabetta Canalis. Together, John and Emily have two daughters, Hazel (b. February 2014) and Violet (b. June 2016).
- In feet – 6 feet 3 inches
- In centimeters – 190.5 cm
- In meters – 1.9 m
- In Kilograms – 92 kg
- In Pounds – 203 lbs
- Measurements – 44-16-35
- Chest – 44 inches
- Biceps – 16 inches
- Waist – 35 inches
He wears a size 12 (US) shoe.
Playing the charming sales representative, Jim Halpert on The Office from 2005 to 2013. Has played second lead in several high profile film projects most notably, George Clooney’s directorial venture, Leatherheads (2008) and 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi (2016).
His first role was an uncredited one in the 2000 film State and main, in which she payed as Judge’s assistant. Krasinski’s breakthrough role was as Ryan/Subject #20 in the 2009 film Brief Interviews with Hideous Men, which was directed as well as produced by him.
In 2003, John made his first television appearance in an episode titled “Good Advice” of the Tv series, Ed. In 2005, he landed a breakthrough role as Jim Halpert in the NBC sitcom The Office from 2005 to 2013. The TV series was super hit that earned him critical acclaim as well as a number of awards. He also served as a producer and occasional director of the show.
Krasinski has appeared in over a dozen of TV commercials for Marshalls, Kodak, Ask.com (Voice), Apple TV (Voice), Coke, Blackberry Storm (Voice), Carnival Cruise Lines, New Era caps, Pepsi and Esurance. He did voice-over for many advertisements before earning a name for himself in Hollywood.
John Krasinski Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Marlon Brando
- Favorite Beyoncé Song – Formation, Album – Lemonade (2016)
- Favorite Red Sox Player – David Ortiz, Ted Williams
- Favorite Mississippi Food – Fried Green Tomatoes at Walker’s Drive-in Bistro
- Favorite Cheesecake Flavor – Coffee/ Chocolate
- Favorite Disney Character – Mary Poppins
- Favorite TV Show – Game of Thrones
- Favorite Restaurant – La Esquina in Soho, NYC
- Favorite Popcorn – Plain salted, no butter
- Favorite M&M Flavor – Peanut
- Favorite Animated Film – Toy Story (1995)
- Favorite Comedy – The Lobster (2015)
- Favorite Romantic Comedy – The Devil Wears Prada (2006)
- Favorite Movie Soundtrack – Good Will Hunting (1997)
John Krasinski Net worth
John Krasinski total net worth is estimated at $30 million dollars as of 2019. He charges $125K per episode for his work in TV shows.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – John Krasinski
- Instagram – johnkrasinski
- Twitter – John Krasinski
Some Lesser Known Facts About John Krasinski
- At school, Krasinski made his stage debut as Daddy Warbucks in a sixth-grade school production of the musical Annie.
- He and The Office co-star B. J. Novak were high school friends.
- He used to be a member of the sketch comedy group Out of Bounds during his college years.
- As a Brown University undergrad, he became a member of the sketch comedy group called Out of Bounds and coached the basketball team in Gordon School in East Providence, Rhode Island.
- Standing at 6’3″ tall, he is the shortest guy among his brothers. One of his brothers is 6’10” tall and the other is 6’6″ tall.
- He taught English as a foreign language in Costa Rica before enrolling at Brown University. There he studied English Literature thinking to become a English teacher. Over time, he developed interest in acting and film-making.
- In 2000, Krasinski worked as a intern as scriptwriter on the show Late Night with Conan O’Brien.
- John has almost decided to give up on acting before being cast on The Office in 2005 as he was disappointed working in small jobs for over two and half years.
- John won the Screen Actors Guild Awards for ‘Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series’ for ‘The Office’ in 2006 and 2007, consecutively.
- He was ranked #9 in People Magazine’s Sexiest Man Alive list in 2006.
- In April 2011, he co-starred in a New Era/Major League Baseball ad campaign with Alec Baldwin, playing off the rivalry between the Boston Red Sox and New York Yankees.
- In 2012, he started narrating the show Head Games on the Discovery Channel.
- In 2012, Krasinski, Ben Affleck and Matt Damon hosted a fundraiser for Democratic Senate nominee Elizabeth Warren.
- In 2018, he co-wrote, directed and co-starred with his wife Emily Blunt in the supernatural horror film A Quiet Place.