Jared Leto is an American actor, singer, songwriter and director. After starting his career with television appearances in the early 1990s, Leto achieved recognition for his role as Jordan Catalano on the television series My So-Called Life. He made his film debut in How to Make an American Quilt and received critical praise for his performance in Prefontaine. Leto has also directed music videos, including the MTV Video Music Award winning The Kill, Kings and Queens and Up in the Air.
Jared Joseph Leto
Jaro, J, Bartholomew Cubbins, Angakok Panipaq
Singer, Songwriter, Music Director, Musician, Actor, Photographer
Vocals, Bass Guitar, Keyboards, Guitars, Piano
EMI, Immortal, Universal, Virgin
Birthday / Date of Birth
Jared Leto was born on December 26, 1971, in Bossier City, Louisiana, United States.
He’s currently 47 years old.
He has Cajun ancestry on his mother’s side.
Leto attended Emerson Preparatory School in Washington D.C. He, though, dropped out of 10th grade for a short time, but returned to this private school. Jared finally graduated from Flint Hill School in Oakton, Virginia. Due to his interest in visual arts he was enrolled into University of the Arts in Philadelphia. He also went to School of Visual Arts in NYC due to his interest in filmmaking.
- Father – Anthony L. Bryant, Carl Leto (Stepfather)
- Mother – Constance Leto (née Metrejon)
- Siblings – Shannon Leto (Older Brother)
- Others – William Lee Metrejon (Maternal Grandfather) (Worked at U.S. Air Force), Ruby Russell (Maternal Grandmother)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jared Leto has dated –
- Kristi McDaniel (1999) – Jared dated actress Kristi McDaniel in 1999.
- Cameron Diaz (1999-2003) – In August 1999, Jared started dating another actress Cameron Diaz. They continued dating and engaged in 2002. But, the engagement was called off in March 2003 and this relationship also came to an end.
- Corina Taylor (2002) – He had a fling with p*rn star Corina Taylor in April 2002.
- Scarlett Johansson (2004-2005) – ScarJo and Jared dated ON and OFF for a year. They were spotted several times in Los Angeles together, but never made a statement about their relationship.
- Ruby Aldridge (2010) – In 2010, Jared was RUMORed to be dating American model, Ruby Aldridge.
- Annabelle Wallis (2010) – In 2010, actress Annabelle Wallis and Jared were RUMORed to have hooked up together.
- Katharina Damm (2011) – From July 2011 until September 2011, Jared dated much younger Danish model Katharina Damm.
- Lupita Nyong’o (2014) – In February 2014, Jared had a fling with Kenyan actress Lupita.
- Dimphy Janse (2014) – Dutch model Dimphy Janse was RUMORed to have had a fling with Jared Leto.
- Valery Kaufman (2014-2015) – Russian model, Valery Kaufman and Jared were RUMORed to be dating for a couple of months from 2014 to 2015.
- Ashley Frangipane (2016) – Singer Halsey and Jared were RUMORed to have grown close during the 2016 Coachella Music Festival in April 2016.
- In feet – 5 feet 9 inches
- In centimeters – 175 cm
- In meters – 1.75 m
- In Kilograms – 69 kg
- In Pounds – 152 lbs
- Measurements – 43-14-32
- Chest – 43 in or 109 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14 in or 35.5 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
Working with the band Thirty Seconds to Mars and releasing songs like “Buddha for Mary”, “Where the Streets Have No Name”, and others. He also gained fame after appearing in the television series My So-Called Life from 1994 to 1995 in 19 episodes.
Jared released his debut album (under his band name Thirty Seconds to Mars) titled 30 Seconds to Mars on August 27, 2002 via Immortal and Virgin Records. The album charted at #107 in U.S. and was certified as Silver in Britain. He was successfully able to sell 2 million albums worldwide.
In 1995, Jared appeared in a film titled How to Make an American Quilt for his role as Beck.
From 1992 to 1993, Jared Leto appeared in several episodes in ABC’s sitcom Camp Wilder for his role as Dexter.
He has done endorsement work for Hugo Boss fragrance (2011).
Jared Leto Favorites
- Favorite City – Montreal in Quebec, Canada
- Favorite iTunes Apps – Yelp, Viber, Instagram, Uber
Jared Leto Net worth
Jared Leto has a net worth of about $90 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Jared Leto
- Instagram – jaredleto
- Twitter – Jared Leto
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jared Leto
- Jared uses the last name as “Leto”, which is his stepfather’s surname.
- As a kid, he used to listen to numerous songs, mostly classic rock by Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin and many others.
- He has traveled to many places in his childhood as he lived with his maternal grandparents and mom. His grandfather used to work in the Air Force.
- He is a businessman and has invested his money in California based airline, Surf Air.
- He got to play his first musical instrument, which was a piano (broken).
- Jared used to have a dog named Judas, who died in May of 2007.
- While studying filmmaking, Jared appeared in his own short film Crying Joy, which was also written by him.
- In 2014, Leto premiered the documentary series Into the Wild, which tells the story behind the concert tour of the same name by Thirty Seconds to Mars that propelled the group into arenas around the world and was certified by the Guinness World Records as the longest running tour in the history of rock music.
- In January 2014, Jared won Golden Globe Award in the category of “Best Supporting Actor – Motion Picture” for his work in “Dallas Buyers Club“.
- In September 30, 2014, Leto hosted the event Haiti: The Journey Is the Destination in New York City, benefiting those affected by the 2010 earthquake in the Caribbean country.
- In February 2015, Leto was named a global ambassador for World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF), supporting online fundraisers and leading one for his 47th birthday in 2018.
- In September 2016, it was announced that Leto would play Andy Warhol in a biopic written by Terence Winter and produced by Michael De Luca.
- In November 2017, Sony Pictures announced plans for a film adaptation of Morbius the Living Vampire, which will be part of Sony’s Marvel Universe.
- In June 27, 2018, it was announced that Leto will star and Daniel Espinosa will direct.