Julia Roberts is an American actress and producer. She became a Hollywood star after headlining the romantic comedy Pretty Woman, which grossed $464 million worldwide. Roberts has won three Golden Globe Awards, from eight nominations and has been nominated for four Academy Awards for her film acting, winning the Academy Award for Best Actress for her performance in Erin Brockovich.
Julia Fiona Roberts
Birthday / Date of Birth
Julia Roberts was born on the 28th of October 1967, in Smyrna, Georgia, United States.
She is currently 55 years old.
Julia is of English, Irish, German, Scottish, Swedish and Welsh descent.
Jula was raised Christian, growing up, she practices Hinduism. She is an ardent devotee of the guru Neem Karoli Baba (Maharaj-ji), a picture of whom drew Roberts to Hinduism.
Roberts attended Fitzhugh Lee Elementary School and later Griffin Middle School, and finally to Campbell High School in Smyrna, Georgia.
- Father – Walter Grady Roberts (1933-1977)
- Mother – Betty Lou (née Bredemus)
- Siblings – Eric Roberts (Older Brother) (Actor), Lisa Roberts Gillan (Sister) (Actress), Nancy Motes (Younger Half Sister) (Died – February 9, 2014)
- Relatives – Emma Roberts (Niece) (Actress, singer), Michael Motes (Stepfather), Eileen Sellars (Stepfather)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Julia Roberts has dated –
- Dylan McDermott (1988-1989) – In 1988, Julia started dating actor Dylan McDermott. They were engaged for a short period of time before breaking up in 1989.
- Kiefer Sutherland (1989-1991) – In November 1989, actor Kiefer Sutherland was seen romancing Julia. By August 1990, the couple was engaged. But, this relationship also saw an end in June 1991.
- Lyle Lovett (1993-1995) – On June 1, 1993, Julia started dating 10 years her senior, Lyle Lovett, who is a country musician by profession. Just after a couple of weeks, the duo engaged on June 24, 1993. After three days, they married at St. James Lutheran Church in Marion, Indiana. In March 1995, the couple separated.
- Daniel Day-Lewis (1995) – Soon after that, in 1995 only, Julia dated British actor Daniel Day-Lewis.
- Matthew Perry (1995-1996) – In 1995, Julia and Matthew first met on the set of popular TV series Friends. They started dating in that year and split in 1996. They were spotted together many times in LA.
- Pat Manocchia (1996) – In 1996, she dated fitness guru Pat Manocchia.
- Daniel Moder (2001-Present) – In 2001, Julia commenced dating American cinematographer Daniel Moder. However, they met back in 2000 on the set of the film The Mexican. After Daniel divorced from Vera Steimberg, Daniel and Julia married on July 4, 2002, in Taos, New Mexico at Roberts’ ranch. The couple has three children – Hazel Patricia Moder, Phinnaeus “Finn” Walter Moder; both born on November 28, 2004, and Henry Daniel Moder (born – June 18, 2007).
- In feet – 5 feet 9 inches
- In centimeters – 175 cm
- In meters – 1.75 m
- In Kilograms – 57 kg
- In Pounds – 126 lbs
- Measurements – 34-24-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 9 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Playing Vivian Ward in the 1990 romantic comedy Pretty Woman and as Shelby Eatenton Latcherie in the 1989 film Steel Magnolias.
In 1987, Julia starred as Babs film Firehouse. Her breakthrough role as Daisy Arujo came the following year with the coming-of-age film Mystic Pizza.
In 1987, Roberts appeared in NBC’s drama series Crime Story for her role as Tracy in just 1 episode titled The Survivor.
She has endorsed number of brands such as America Online, L’Oreal, Lancôme, Nationwide Insurance, Gianfranco Ferré (received $5 millions), Caffè Lavazza, Givenchy, etc.
Julia Roberts Favorites
- Favorite Bangles – Melinda Maria
- Favorite Mascara – Définicils Precious Cells
- Favorite Case – Coach cosmetic case
- Favorite Shampoo – Serge Normant Dry
- Favorite Rub – Bonnie’s Tasty Herb Rub
Julia Roberts Net worth
Julia Roberts has an estimated net worth of $250 million dollars as of 2023. She’s one of the most successful actresses in the history of Hollywood who had given several box office hits throughout her career. During the 1990’s and early 2000’s, she was the highest paid actresses of that time, who easily took $300 thousand Us dollars for her casting in the 1990’s Pretty Woman and in 2003, she made $25 million dollars for her role in Mona Lisa Smile. She owns several real estate properties across different cities in the United States. She also owns “Californian Home” in the Venice district on the westside of Los Angeles, California.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – juliaroberts
Some Lesser Known Facts About Julia Roberts
- Julia has been named People magazine’s “World’s Most Beautiful Woman” a record five times.
- She has won three Golden Globe Awards (out of eight nominations) and has been nominated for four Academy Awards for her film acting, winning the Academy Award for Best Actress for her performance in Erin Brockovich (2000).
- Roberts made her Broadway debut on April 19, 2006, as Nan in a revival of Richard Greenberg’s 1997 play Three Days of Rain opposite Bradley Cooper and Paul Rudd.
- She featured in The Hollywood Reporter’s “Top 10 Highest Paid Actress” for consecutive years from 2002 to 2005.
- She is the owner of a production company named “Red Om”. If you read it reversed, it reads as “Moder”, which is the last name of Julia’s husband Daniel.
- She has two pet dogs named Satchmo and Diego.
- Roberts launched a production company Red Om Films with her sister, Lisa Roberts Gillan and Marisa Yeres Gill.
- In September 2009, Swami Daram Dev of Ashram Hari Mandir in Pataudi, where Roberts was shooting Eat Pray Love, gave her children new names after Hindu gods: Laxmi for Hazel, Ganesh for Phinnaeus and Krishna Balram for Henry.
- In 2010, Roberts disclosed, in an interview for Elle magazine that she believes in and practices Hinduism. Roberts is a devotee of the guru Neem Karoli Baba (Maharaj-ji), a picture of whom drew Roberts to Hinduism.