Zac Efron is an American actor. He began acting professionally in the early 2000s and rose to prominence in the late 2000s for his leading role as Troy Bolton in the High School Musical franchise. During this time, he also starred in the musical film Hairspray and the comedy film 17 Again. He has since appeared in the films New Year’s Eve, The Lucky One, The Paperboy, Neighbors, Dirty Grandpa, Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising, Baywatch, The Greatest Showman and Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile.
Zachary David Alexander Efron
Birthday / Date of Birth
Zac Efron was born on the 18th of October 1987, in San Luis Obispo, California, United States.
He’s currently 35 years old.
His ancestry is Ashkenazi Jewish, English, German and Scottish.
Zac completed her schooling from Arroyo Grande High School in 2006. He, then, went to the University of Southern California for some time. But, then decided to pursue an acting career. Zac also attended Pacific Conservatory of the Performing Arts, Santa Maria, California to get acting training.
- Father – David Efron (Electrical Engineer at a power station)
- Mother – Starla Baskett (Secretary at the same power plant)
- Siblings – Dylan Efron (Younger Brother)
- Relatives – Harold Efron (Paternal Grandfather), Dorothy Rhe Karcher (Paternal Grandmother), Robert Harold Baskett (Maternal Grandfather), June Helene Glidden (Maternal Grandmother)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Zac Efron has dated –
- Vanessa Hudgens (2005-2010) – Vanessa and Zac performed in the High School Musical series. Their relationship went from ON-screen to OFF-screen as well, which started in September 2005. They dated for over 5 years until December 2010. They had a safe bonding without any drama or cheating scandal.
- Lily Collins (Feb 2012 – June 2012; October 2013-December 2013) – American actress, Lily Collins dated Zac Efron for a short period of time until June 2012. Despite his best efforts to dodge from media, he was believed to be together with Lily. The relationship soon saw an end in mid-2012. But, again in October 2013, the duo were seen holding hands, when going for a movie. They finally separated at the end of 2013.
- Sami Miro (2014-2016) – In September 2014, Zac started dating Sami Carter Oberstone (better known as Sami Miro). It was confirmed by US Magazine. She is not an actress but a professional model, who was working at Demand Media Studios when they started dating in September 2014. The couple separated in April 2016.
- Alexandra Daddario (2017) – In May 2017, actors Alexandra Daddario and Zac were rumored to be dating with each other after they appeared on the 2017 action comedy film Baywatch.
- In feet – 5 feet 8 inches
- In centimeters – 173 cm
- In meters – 1.73 m
- In Kilograms – 75 kg
- In Pounds – 165 lbs
- Measurements – 44-16-34
- Chest – 44 inches
- Biceps – 16 inches
- Waist – 34 inches
He wears a size 8 (US) shoe.
His films done in 2006, 2007 and 2008 year after year. This movie was High School Musical series. He portrayed the role of Troy Bolton and achieved a number of awards for this movie.
In 2003, Zac landed his first starring role as Stuart Wasser in the film Melinda’s World. The film is based on the novel of the same name by Marianne Kennedy.
Efron started his television career with a guest role in the TV series Firefly. He played Young Simon Tam in the episode titled Safe.
Zac has contributed in soundtracks in his own films. He has not released any album, though. Efron’s contribution is in the 2007 film “Hairspray” and 2006-2008 film series “High School Musical”. Zac was also nominated for the High School Musical 3 for “Teen Choice Award for Choice Music: Album – Soundtrack” award.
Efron was the face of Philippine clothing brand Penshoppe (2012).
Zac Efron Favorites
- Favorite Band – The Wallflowers
- Favorite Movie – The Goonies (1985)
- Favorite People – Liza Minnelli (Fashion Idol), Kobe Bryant, Jessica Alba, Johnny Depp
- Favorite Songs – Anything But Country
- Favorite Books – Busting Vegas (by Ben Mezrich), Robinson Crusoe (by Daniel Defoe)
- Favorite Place – San Francisco, California
- Favorite Color – Blue
- Favorite Food – Orange Chicken, Sushi, Wheat Thins, Exotic Foods
- Favorite TV Programs – Rocko’s Modern Life (1993-1996), Most Extreme Elimination Challenge (2003-), American Idol (2002- Present), The Wiggles (2001- Present)
Zac Efron Net worth
Zac Efron has a total net worth of $25 million dollars as of 2023. He has several properties in possession including the $1 million dollar house in Los Angeles and the $3.9 million dollar luxury house in Hollywood Hills among others. He owns an Audi S5, an Audi S6 and a Porsche Cayenne.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Zac Efron
- He started acting in theatre productions at the age of eleven. He apparently worked at The Great American Melodrama and Vaudeville, where he took singing lessons.
- His lead role as Troy Bolton in the 2006 teen musical television film High School Musical was a huge turning point in his acting career.
- He became popular among the teenage audiences for his contributions as an actor and singer in the series. The film’s soundtrack was certified quadruple platinum, making it one of the best-selling albums of the year in the United States.
- Zac has many pets – Australian Shepherd (Dog – Dreamer), Australian Shepherd (Dog – Puppy from 2007-2008), Siamese cat (Cat – Simon).
- He has reprised the role in the second and third installment of the films series in 2007 and 2008.
- He appeared on no. 92 in Forbes Celebrity 100 List in 2008, with estimated earnings of $5.8 million.
- Efron was on the Forbes Celebrity 100 list in 2008 at number 92, with estimated earnings of $5.8 million from June 2007 to June 2008.
- In April 2009, his personal wealth equaled about $10 million.
- In May 2015, Efron’s net worth was $18 million.
- He is a huge fan of the Baseball team, San Francisco Giants.
- He credits Johnny Depp as his acting idol.
- Efron sought treatment in early 2013 after struggling with alcoholism and substance abuse.
- In 2019, Efron played a drug-addled libertine in the Harmony Korine film The Beach Bum, opposite star Matthew McConaughey.