Rihanna is a Barbadian singer, businesswoman, actress, dancer and songwriter. She auditioned for American record producer Evan Rogers who invited her to the United States to record demo tapes. She soon gained recognition with the release of her first two studio albums, Music of the Sun and A Girl Like Me, both of which were influenced by Caribbean music and peaked within the top ten of the US Billboard 200 chart.
Robyn Rihanna Fenty
RiRi, Caribbean Queen, The Barbados Babe, Queen of Pop, Bajan Beauty
Recording Artist, Actress, Singer, Songwriter, Model, Fashion Designer
R&B, Dance, Pop, Reggae, Hip Hop
Def Jam, Roc Nation, SRP, Westbury Road
Birthday / Date of Birth
Rihanna was born on the 20th of February 1988, in Saint Michael, Barbados.
She is currently 34 years old.
She has Afro-Guyanese ancestry on her mom’s side while she is of Barbadian and Irish descent on her father’s side.
Rihanna attended Charles F. Broome Memorial School for her primary education in Barbados and later, she joined Combermere High School, Waterford, St. Michael, Barbados (2004) where she formed a musical trio with two of her classmates at the age of fifteen.
- Father – Ronald Fenty (Warehouse Supervisor)
- Mother – Monica Braithwaite (Retired Accountant)
- Siblings – Rorrey (Younger Brother), Rajad Fenty (Younger Brother), Samantha Fenty (Paternal Half-Sister), Kandy Fenty (Paternal Half-Sister), Jamie Fenty (Paternal Half-Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rihanna has dated –
- Chris Brown (2007-2009) – In 2007, Rihanna began dating American singer Chris Brown. After their relationship ended in February 2009. In May 2013, Brown stated during an interview that he and Rihanna had broken up again.
- Josh Henderson (2009) – In 2009, Rihanna had a short-lived romance with actor Josh Henderson after they were spotted together on various occasions.
- Leonardo DiCaprio (2015) – In 2015, Rihanna was seen partying with American actor, Leonardo DiCaprio. They spent the Valentine’s Day of 2015 together and he helped her at her birthday party, just a week later.
- Karim Benzema (2015) – In June 2015, Rihanna had a fling with French professional footballer, Karim Benzema.
- Lewis Hamilton (2015) – From July 2015 to September 2015, Rihanna dated British Formula One racing driver, Lewis Hamilton.
- Travis Scott (2015–2016) – In October 2015, Rihanna had a fling with American rapper Travis Scott. They were again seen partying and spending time together at various occasions throughout 2016.
- Hassan Jameel (2017-2020) – In 2017, Rihanna began dating Saudi businessman Hassan Jameel. They split in January 2020.
- Asap Rocky (2013-Present) – In 2013, Rihanna had a fling with American rapper Asap Rocky. After a gap of over 7 years, in November 2020, the news of Rihanna dating A$AP Rocky emerged. On January 31, 2022, it was revealed that the couple were expecting their first child. On May 19, 2022, it was confirmed that Rihanna had given birth to a son.
- In feet – 5 feet 8 inches
- In centimeters – 173 cm
- In meters – 1.73 m
- In Kilograms – 61 kg
- In Pounds – 135 lbs
- Measurements – 36-26-36
- Bust – 36 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 36 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
Rihanna had earlier bleached blonde, red and light brown hair colors too.
She wears a size 8.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
International R&B star singer Rihanna released her first album in 2005 and is known for such hits as Umbrella, Pon de Replay, SOS and Disturbia.
In 2006, Rihanna made her first film Bring It On: All or Nothing as Herself. This is just her cameo appearance.
In May 2005, Rihanna debut single, Pon de Replay was released under her mononym “Rihanna”. It charted successfully worldwide, peaking in the top five in fifteen countries, including at No. 2 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart and the UK Singles Chart.
In August 2005, Rihanna debut album Music of the Sun. It debuted at No. 10 on the Billboard 200 and received a gold certification from the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), denoting shipments of over 500,000 units.
Rihanna appeared in a TV commercial for CoverGirl (Canada). Rihanna has been seen in a PUMA commercial. In December 2014, she was also named Puma’s Creative Director and Brand Ambassador. She has appeared in print ads for CoverGirl’ cosmetics.
- Rihanna had to bare physical abuse from her then boyfriend Chris Brown. She was supposed to perform at the 51st Annual Grammy Awards, which got cancelled because of the ugly incident. Her pictures were leaked by police officials where she sustained injury marks on her face. Chris Brown was imprisoned and punished as well as restraining orders were imposed to keep her safe.
- There have been controversies about her videos because of nudity and explicit content. Although same level of these elements have been observed in other videos as well. Although the reasons for dropping her latest album’s songs is still not clear.
- Rihanna filed a lawsuit of $35 million against Peter Gunis and the firm Berdon LLP. They opted for settlement out of court for over $10 million.
Rihanna Net worth
Rihanna has an estimated net worth of $1.4 billion dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rihanna
- Rihanna won a beauty pageant at her school in 2004 and performed Mariah Carey‘s “Hero” in a school talent show.
- She took over control for creating her third album Good Girl Gone Bad and was not ready to compromise on the creative process.
- Rihanna has to her name, five Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) certified platinum albums.
- Rihanna has multiple singles and collaborations that have been the best-selling singles of all time.
- Rihanna has a turtle and two dogs Marley and DJ.
- In 2012, Rihanna broke a Guinness World Record by selling 58 million copies of a single.
- Rihanna has several wax models around the world and her legs are insured at $1 million.
- Rihanna was also an army cadet in a sub-military program that trained with the military of Barbados.
- She has been recently named the best-selling digital artist of all time by Nielsen SoundScan.
- Rihanna’s favorite subjects were Chemistry and Mathematics.
- If Rihanna didn’t have a music career, she would have liked to go into psychology.
- Rihanna was discovered by music producer Evan Rogers while he was vacationing in Barbados with his wife Jackie.
- In 2014, Rihanna has been awarded with a Lifetime Achievement Award by the Council of Fashion Designers of America.
- In 2014, Rihanna became the creative director of the fashion sportswear Puma, overseeing the brand’s women’s line which will include collaborations in apparel and footwear.
- In November 2015, she launched a website named ANTIdiaRy.com by partnering with Samsung to promote her album ANTI.
- In 2018, Rihanna launched a lingerie brand named Savage X Fenty. The line was born from Rihanna’s vision creating an inclusive brand.
- In November 2018, Rihanna was not happy with then-President Donald Trump because her music was being played at his rallies.
- In September 2019, Rihanna promoted the brand in a show again during the New York Fashion Week held at the Barclays Center with modeling appearances from models Alex Wek, Bella Hadid, Cara Delevingne, actress Laverne Cox, and musicians Normani and 21 Savage.
- In July 2020, Rihanna launched a skin care brand called Fenty Skin.