Leonardo DiCaprio is an American actor and film producer. He has been nominated for six Academy Awards, four British Academy Film Awards and nine Screen Actors Guild Awards, winning one of each award from them and three Golden Globe Awards from eleven nominations. DiCaprio began his career by appearing in television commercials in the late 1980s. He next had recurring roles in various television series, such as the soap opera Santa Barbara and the sitcom Growing Pains. He debuted in his film career by starring as Josh in Critters 3.
Leonardo Wilhelm DiCaprio
Lenny D, Leo
Actor, Film Producer, Environmentalist
Birthday / Date of Birth
Leonardo DiCaprio was born on the 11th of November 1974, in Los Angeles, California, United States.
He is currently 48 years old.
Leonardo attended Seeds Elementary School and later studied at Los Angeles Center for Enriched Studies for four years. He finally graduated from John Marshall High School in Los Angeles.
He actually has Italian and German ancestry on his father’s side and Russian and German ancestry on his mother’s side.
He also follows Judaism and Buddhism.
- Father – George Paul DiCaprio (Underground Comic Artist and producer / distributor of comic books)
- Mother – Irmelin (née Indenbirken) (Former legal secretary)
- Siblings – He is the only child for their parents.
- Relatives – Helene Indenbirken (Maternal Grandmother) (1915-2008), Adam Farrar (Older Step-Brother) (Actor)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Leonardo DiCaprio has dated –
- Gisele Bündchen (2000-2005) – Leonardo DiCaprio and Gisele were in a relationship from 2000 until 2005. This was ON again-OFF again kind of relationship. Hence in 2005, the relationship ended as Gisele eventually got tired off with Leonardo’s party boy habits. In 2004, Bündchen and DiCaprio also made People magazine’s Annual most Beautiful Couple List.
- Sara Foster (2002-2003) – Leonardo was dating model and actress Sara Foster for a brief period in 2002 when he was on a 6-month break with then-girlfriend Gisele Bündchen.
- Bar Refaeli (2005-2011) – Leonardo and Refaeli first met at a party thrown by Irish Rock Outfit, U2 in Las Vegas in December 2005. They went on dating from that instance and Leonardo also visited the supermodel’s hometown Israel. Though, the three and a half years long relationship came to end in 2009. After a 6 month break, the couple dated again. But, this time they stayed out of the public eye. “I don’t need to strike poses with him in front of the cameras”, said Refaeli.
- Blake Lively (2011) – Then, came Blake Lively in his life. They spent a good time together for about 5 months in U.S. and France during summers from May 2011 to October 2011. But, then both went on to their paths as they were not interested in getting serious.
- Erin Heatherton (2011-2012) – Victoria’s Secret model Erin Heatherton dated Leonardo DiCaprio from December 2011 to October 2012. The couple was spotted ziplining together in Mexico and Los Angeles. Now, they have called it quits.
- Simone Holtznagel (2012) – It was rumored that he had a fling with reality TV star and model, Simone Holtznagel, in 2012.
- Toni Garrn (2013-2014) – German model Toni Garrn started dating Leonardo in May 2013, when they met during the F1 Grand Prix of Monaco 2013. Since that time, they have been spotted having meals together at restaurants in Los Angeles. He also celebrated his birthday inviting celebs such as Kanye West, Orlando Bloom, and Toni was also present in the party and he remained close to her throughout the party. They separated in December 2014.
- Kat Torres (2013) – Brazilian model, Kat Torres revealed that she met Leonardo during Cannes 2013 and they stayed in the same house during the festival. She dated him in the past as per FashionModelDirectory.
- Rihanna (2015) – In 2015, he was seen partying with Barbadian singer Rihanna. They spent the Valentine’s Day of 2015 together and he helped her in her birthday party, just a week later.
- Kelly Rohrbach (2015-2016) – From May 2015 to January 2016, Leonardo was dating this American model, Kelly Rohrbach. It was reported by Us Magazine.
- Ela Kawalec (2016) – In May 2016, Polish model Ela Kawalec and Leonardo dated each other. It was confirmed by Daily Mail.
- Nina Agdal (2016-2017) – In July 2016, Danish model, Nina Agdal and Leo started dating each other. It was revealed by Daily Mail. they called it quits in May 2017.
- Lorena Rae (2017) – In 2017, German model, Lorena Rae was seen multiple times with Leonardo which sparked dating rumors. But, Leonardo’s representative cleared the air that the two were not dating.
- Camila Morrone (2018-Present) – In 2018, Leonardo started dating Argentinian model Camila Morrone. In November 2018, they were seen watching a football match in Paris.
- In feet – 6 feet
- In centimeters – 183 cm
- In meters – 1.83 m
- In Kilograms – 75 kg
- In Pounds – 165 lbs
- Measurements – 42-14-36
- Chest – 42 inches
- Biceps – 14 inches
- Waist – 36 inches
He wears a size 11 (US) shoe.
Playing Jack Dawson in the 1997 film Titanic, Frank Abagnale Jr. in the 2002 film Catch Me If You Can, Howard Hughes in the 2004 film The Aviator, J. Edgar Hoover in the 2011 film J. Edgar.
In 1991, DiCaprio made his acting debut in the sci-fi comedy horror film Critters 3 as Josh. DiCaprio served as an executive producer for this 2004 American film The Assassination of Richard Nixon, which was his first production.
In 1990, Leonardo guest appeared in an American drama series The Outsiders for his role as Kid Fighting Scout in an episode titled “Pilot”.
DiCaprio has had been the face of several brands and endorsed their products including Bubble Yum-Bubble Gum, Fred Meyer Clothing, Matchbox Cars, Toyota Estima Hybrid, ORIX Real Estate Re Tokyo, Bridgestone Ecopia Tires, Toyota Prius, Orient Corporation Orico Card, Jim Beam and more.
- It’s no doubt that this wealthiest star lives a king like life which is evident with the real estate properties he owns. The 2,633 square feet Carbon Beach house in Malibu features seven bedrooms, six bathrooms and a gym. He bought this Cape Cod-inspired house in 2002 for $6 million. He has listed this house for $23 million.
- His lavish Hollywood Hills home spreads across 4,551 square-feet that features enough bedrooms and bathrooms. This house is equipped with large solar plant enough to power the house 24/7. He also uses organic sheets for his bed. He spent about $4 million in 1999 to buy this mansion.
- Known for his environmental efforts and eco-friendly interest, he bought a Riverhouse apartment in 2010. This luxury apartment is of grand green architecture and is powered by renewable sources, photovoltaic panels and a special technique which converts natural gases.
- He also owns an island. The Blackadore caye Island off the coast of Belize, west of Ambergris Caye was purchased for $1.75 million which he plans to turn it to a luxury eco-friendly neighborhood.
- DiCaprio has a large collection of exclusively built exotic cars such as Toyota Prius, Tesla Roadster and Fisker Karma hybrid.He also owns a luxury yacht worthy of staggering $400,000.
- He has worked with numerous Academy Award winning and acclaimed directors like : Martin Scorsese, Woody Allen, Steven Spielberg, Clint Eastwood, Ridley Scott, James Cameron, Christopher Nolan, Sam Mendes, Danny Boyle and Sam Raimi.
- Leonardo took a prestigious position in People magazine’s list of “50 Most Beautiful People” in 1997 and 1998.
- He won a nomination for the VH1 Do Something Award in 2010 for his contribution in the field of environmental issues.
- He won an Academy Award for the best actor in 2016 for the movie, The Revenant.
- He has also been actively involved on the boards of the World Wildlife Fund, Natural Resources Defense Council, and International Fund for Animal Welfare.
Leonardo DiCaprio Favorites
- Favorite Actors – Robert De Niro, Jack Nicholson
- Favorite Actress – Meryl Streep
- Favorite Movies – Bicycle Thieves (1948), The Third Man (1949), Sunset Blvd. (1950), East of Eden (1955), Yojimbo (1961), Lawrence of Arabia (1962), 8½ (1963), Taxi Driver (1976), The Shining (1980)
- Favorite Director – Martin Scorsese
- Favorite Drink – Lemonade
- Favorite Color – Dark Green
- Favorite Perfume – Eau D’Hadrien by Annick Goutal
- Favorite Musicians – Kendrick Lamar, Stevie Wonder, The Beatles, Harry Connick Jr.
- Favorite Sports – Football, Basketball, Hockey
- Favorite Food – Pasta
Leonardo DiCaprio Net worth
Leonardo DiCaprio has an estimated net worth of $300 million as of 2023.
Social Media Portfolio
Some Lesser Known Facts About Leonardo DiCaprio
- DiCaprio was named Leonardo because his pregnant mother was looking at a Leonardo da Vinci painting in a museum in Italy when he first kicked.
- His parents got separated when he was just one year old. He lived with his mother who moved to different places for living and also spent a part of his childhood in Germany.
- At 10, he received advice from his agent to change his name from Leonardo Wilhelm DiCaprio to more American friendly Lenny Williams. But, Leonardo was not interested in that.
- He began casting television commercials at the age of 14. Since then, he has made appearances in several commercials, series, shows and films.
- In 2004 DiCaprio took his first producing task in Niels Mueller’ The Assassination of Richard Nixon, as one of the executives.
- In 2005, Leonardo was made a commander of the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres by the French Minister of Culture for his contributions to the arts.
- He earned $59 million for his role as Dominick Cobb in the 2010 film Inception. This includes his basic salary coupled with backend points, share in the worldwide gross collection, and DVD and TV rights total collection.
- He was ranked at #36 in the “Empire Magazine’s 100 Sexiest Movie Stars” list in 2007.
- In 2016, he pocketed $29 million that includes $20 million remuneration for his role in The Revenant and $5 million for a single Japan television commercial.
- In 1998, he created Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation, aimed to promote environmental awareness.
- In 1998, DiCaprio and his mother donated $35,000 for a “Leonardo DiCaprio Computer Center” at the Los Feliz branch of the Los Angeles Public Library, the site of his childhood home.
- In April 2013, Leonardo donated $61,000 to GLAAD, an organization which promotes the image of LGBT people in the media.
- He is an environmentalist and often supports for natural causes. As of December 2013, he is urging people to donate, support and save Tigers in Nepal.
- In April 2017, he promoted and protested President Trump’s inaction on climate change by attending the 2017 People’s Climate March.
- In 2017, DiCaprio provided $1 million to the United Way Harvey Recovery Fund through his foundation.