Jake Gyllenhaal is an American actor. Gyllenhaal began acting as a child with a screen debut in City Slickers, followed by roles in A Dangerous Woman and Homegrown. For his performance in Brokeback Mountain, he received critical acclaim and won the BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role and was nominated for the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role, the Satellite Award for Best Supporting Actor, Motion Picture and the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor.
Jacob Benjamin Gyllenhaal
Birthday / Date of Birth
Jake Gyllenhaal was born on December 19, 1980 in Los Angeles, California, United States.
He’s currently 38 years old.
He is of Swedish and English descent on his father’s side. His mother is a Jewish from New York City.
In 1998, he completed his graduation from Harvard-Westlake School in Los Angeles. Subsequently, he was enrolled in the Columbia University but dropped out after 2 years to focus on his acting career. He would also like to finish his degree as well, at a later stage.
- Father – Stephen Gyllenhaal (Film Director)
- Mother – Naomi Foner (née Achs) (Film producer and screenwriter)
- Siblings – Maggie Gyllenhaal (Older Sister) (Actress)
- Others – Anders Leonard Gyllenhaal (Great-great-grandfather)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jake Gyllenhaal has dated –
- Jenny Lewis (2001) – In the last quarter of 2001, Jake and Rilo Kiley singer dated each other. She also attended the “Donnie Darko” premiere with him.
- Kirsten Dunst (2002-2004) – The actors Kirsten Dunst and Jake dated each other from September 2002 to December 2004. They met each other for the first time via Maggie (Jake’s sister). Maggie and Kirsten did a movie “Mona Lisa Smile” together.
- Natalie Portman (2006) – Actress Natalie and Jake were RUMORed to have dated each other in 2006 for a short time.
- Reese Witherspoon (2007-2009) – Reese and Jake met on the set of Rendition(2007) but started dating in March 2007. After Reese’s divorce was finalized, she was seen more publicly with him. They finally split in December 2009.
- Isabel Lucas (2010) – Jake was rumored to be dating Australian actress and model Isabel Lucas in 2010.
- Taylor Swift (2010) – Singer Taylor Swift started dating Jake in October 2010 after meeting in New York City. They were spotted together multiple times together in November 2010. Jake is the one, who she lost her virginity to. Finally, in December 2010, he dumped her by sending a text message.
- Rashida Jones (2011) – Actors Rashida Jones and Jake had a lunch in a Los Angeles eatery in September 2011 and hence sparked dating RUMORs.
- Anna Kendrick (2011) – Anna and Gyllenhaal were seen hanging out together in 2011 and so were RUMORed to be dating together. But, nothing serious happened.
- Léa Seydoux (2012) – The actors were RUMORed to be dating each other in 2012.
- Minka Kelly (2012) – They went on a couple of dates together around May-June 2012 and were RUMORed to be dating.
- Alyssa Miller (2013-2014) – Gyllenhaal dated American model, Alyssa Miller from June 2013 to May 2014.
- Rachel McAdams (2014) – In June 2014, Jake was RUMORed to be dating Canadian actress Rachel McAdams.
- Ruth Wilson (2015) – English actress Ruth Wilson and Jake were RUMORed to be dating in May 2015.
- In feet – 6 feet
- In centimeters – 183 cm
- In meters – 1.83 m
- In Kilograms – 77 kg
- In Pounds – 170 lbs
- Measurements – 44-16-33
- Chest – 44 inches
- Biceps – 16 inches
- Waist – 33 inches
He wears a size 10.5 (US) shoe.
Appearing in Source Code (2011), Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (2010), Zodiac (2007), Jarhead (2005), Brokeback Mountain (2005) and others.
Jake made his onscreen debut with the 1991 western comedy film City Slickers as Daniel Robbins. His first lead role was as Homer Hickam in October Sky, Joe Johnston’s 1999 adaptation of the Homer Hickam autobiography Rocket Boys.
In 1994, Jake played the role as Matthew “Matt” Ellison in NBC’s police procedural TV series Homicide: Life on the Street in an episode titled “Bop Gun”.
Jake has done endorsement work for IFC (Independent Film Channel) and “Call of Duty: Black Ops” video game.
- Smooth voice.
- Athletic and proportional body.
- Blue eyes.
- Beauty spot on the left cheek.
- Oval shaped handsome face.
- His smile makes dimples.
Jake Gyllenhaal Favorites
- Favorite Book – To Kill A Mockingbird (By Harper Lee)
- Favorite Cartoon – Franklin
Jake Gyllenhaal Net worth
Jake Gyllenhaal has a total net worth of $65 million dollars as of 2019. He has a lot of impressive exotic cars in his auto collection including Audi Q7. He owns a $3.5 million lavish mansion in Los Angeles that is equipped with all luxury amenities.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Jake Gyllenhaal
- Instagram – jakegyllenhaal
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jake Gyllenhaal
- He is the member of the popular Gyllenhaal family, Jake began acting when he was very young.
- He worked as a lifeguard and as a busboy at a restaurant before attaining fame.
- Jake was supposed to play Spider-Man in Spider-Man 2 (2004) after Tobey Maguire injured his back while filming the movie Seabiscuit. However, when Jake was all set for the role, Tobey recovered to reprise his role as Spider-Man.
- He and sister Maggie Gyllenhaal are the first siblings to be Oscar-nominated for acting in the 21st century.
- In 2004, he played a political activist in the “Rock the Vote” commercial.
- He is very good friends with Greta Caruso who is the daughter of actor David Caruso.
- Jake is set to play villain Mysterio in the sequel to Spider-Man: Homecoming.
- In 2006, Jake was named among People magazine’s “50 Most Beautiful People” as well as included in People’s “Hottest Bachelors of 2006.”
- He was ranked at No.2 on the Gay Wired Magazine poll of male actors who have played gay characters in movies.
- In December 19, 2011, he was announced as a jury member for the 62nd Berlin International Film Festival that was held in February 2012.
- In April 2012, Shalom Life ranked him Number 6 on its list of “the 50 most talented, intelligent, funny and gorgeous Jewish men in the world”.
- He made the cover of GQ magazine three times in June 2004, February 2007 and May 2010.
- Gyllenhaal’s next role will be comic book supervillain Mysterio/Quentin Beck in the sequel to Spider-Man: Homecoming, Spider-Man: Far From Home, set within the Marvel Cinematic Universe set for release in 2019.