James Franco is an American actor, filmmaker and college instructor. For his role in 127 Hours, he was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Actor. Franco is known for his roles in live action films, such as Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man trilogy, Milk, Pineapple Express, Eat, Pray, Love, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, Spring Breakers, Oz the Great and Powerful, This Is the End and The Disaster Artist, for which he won a Golden Globe Award for Best Actor.
James Edward Franco
Actor, Author, Film director, Screenwriter, Film Producer, Teacher, Model, Film Editor
Pop, Pop / Rock
Birthday / Date of Birth
James Franco was born on April 19, 1978, in Palo Alto, California, United States.
He’s currently 40 years old.
In 1996, Franco completed his schooling from Palo Alto High School in California. Later, he was enrolled into the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) to major in English. He attended the University for a year and dropped out to pursue a career in acting. His parents were against his wish. Franco is a Ph.D. candidate at Yale University.
- Father – Douglas Eugene “Doug” Franco (died in 2011)
- Mother – Betsy Lou (née Verne) (Writer and actress)
- Siblings – Tom Franco (Younger Brother) (Artist), Dave Franco (Younger Brother) (Actor)
- Relatives – Alison Brie (Sister-in-law), Daniel Verne (Maternal Grandfather), Mitzie Verne (Maternal Grandmother), Marjorie (Peterson) Franco (Paternal Grandmother)
Girlfriend / Spouse
James Franco dated –
- Marla Sokoloff (1999-2004) – American actress, Marla Sokoloff first met Franco in 1999 during the filming of the 2000 movie Whatever It Takes and soon started dating. The duo dated for a continuous five years, before separating in 2004.
- Ahna O’Reilly (2006-2011) – After a year gap, Franco became an item with another actress, Ahna O’Reilly in 2006. The pair again dated for five years, before separating in 2011. During this time, they remain tight-lipped about their relationship but appeared together on the red carpet and other events.
- Sienna Miller (2006) – James was RUMORed to be dating the English actress, Sienna Miller in June 2006.
- Agyness Deyn (2011) – In 2011, Franco dated British model, actress and singer, Agyness Deyn for a couple of months.
- Riccardo Tisci (2011) – In 2011, he was RUMORed to have had a fling with Italian fashion designer, Riccardo Tisci.
- Klaus Biesenbach (2011) – In 2011 again, James was romantically linked to German curator, Klaus Biesenbach. Klaus in the Chief Curator at Large at The Museum of Modern Art, New York City. However, their dating relationship was a RUMOR.
- Anne Hathaway (2011) – In 2011, the actors Anne Hathaway and James Franco were RUMORed to be an item.
- Amanda Seyfried (2012) – In 2012, James and Seyfried shot the biographical drama film Lovelace (2013) together. It was reported that the actors have taken their on-screen relationship to off-screen as well. However, this proved to be a RUMOR.
- Roger Garth (2012) – In 2012, Italian television personality, Roger Garth and James were RUMORed to be an item.
- Ashley Benson (2012-2013) – They both met on the set of “Spring Breakers” and date each other from October 2012 until 2013.
- Kristen Stewart (2013) – The actors were RUMORed to be dating together in 2013.
- Emilia Clarke (2013) – British actress Clarke and James were RUMORed to be dating in 2013.
- Kelly Baugher (2013) – In 2013, actress Kelly Baugher and James got to know each other when Kelly was seeking employment. She is 10 years his junior and dated him for a couple of months in 2013. She first became friends with him online.
- Erin Johnson (2014) – In August 2014, James Franco was RUMORed to be dating LA-based model, Erin Johnson.
- Isabel Pakzad (2017-Present) – In November 2017, actors Isabel Pakzad and James started dating each other. They kept it a low profile primarily but were photographed multiple times after late 2017. In October 2018, they were seen together at Universal Studios Hollywood’s Halloween Horror Nights. She is 15 years his junior.
- In feet – 5 feet 10 inches
- In centimeters – 178 cm
- In meters – 1.78 m
- In Kilograms – 76 kg
- In Pounds – 167 lbs
- Measurements – 42-14-31
- Chest – 42 inches
- Biceps – 14 inches
- Waist – 31 inches
He wears a size 10 (US) shoe.
Portraying Aron Ralston in 127 Hours (2010), as Scott Smith in Milk (2008), as Saul Silver in Pineapple Express (2008) and as Harry Osborn / New Goblin in Spider-Man 3 (2007). He is also known for his role as Franco in the medical drama TV series General Hospital from 2009 to 2012.
Franco debuted in the 1999 romantic comedy film Never Been Kissed for his role as Jason Way. He made his directorial debut with the 2011 American black and white student film, The Broken Tower. His first production venture was the 2013 American documentary film, Kink.
In 1997, Franco guest appeared in a crime drama series Pacific Blue for his role as Brian in an episode titled “Matters of the Heart”.
In 2011, he released his debut EP titled ″Turn It Up (feat. James Franco)” in association with Kalup Linzy.
He has been affiliated with Gucci’s men’s fragrance line, Guess cologne, Coach’s Men’s Fragrance.
James Franco Favorites
- Favorite Film – My Own Private Idaho (1991)
James Franco Net worth
Franco has a net worth of $30 million dollars as of 2019. His Pal Alto house is valued at $3.3 million that boats all luxury amenities. He owns an Audi car.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – James Franco
Some Lesser Known Facts About James Franco
- He is known for his collaborations with fellow actor Seth Rogen, having appeared in eight films with him.
- He smoked two packs of cigarette a day, dyed his hair blond, learned to ride a motorcycle and learned to play the guitar and the bongos for his lead role in the 2001 Television film James Dean.
- James has 2 pet cats named, Zelda and Sammy.
- He was nominated for an Academy Award, Golden Globe and SAG award and won an Independent Spirit Award for his role in the film 127 Hours. He played real-life mountain climber Aron Ralston in the film.
- He came under fire for co-hosting the 83rd Academy Awards along with Anne Hathaway. His performance was not liked by the people and was criticized for having hosted the event under the influence of marijuana.
- Tabloids had always discussed about his sexuality due to his support for the LGBT community and portraying gay characters in films. He had several times openly commented about his sexual preference.
- James has taught at USC, UCLA, CalArts and NYU in Film and English departments.
- In 2009, he was voted as the Sexiest Man Living in 2009 by Salon.com.
- In March 8, 2013, Franco received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, located at 6838 Hollywood Boulevard.
- In April 2013, Franco received the Ally Award at the 15th annual Miami Gay & Lesbian Film Festival. The award was presented to him in recognition of his unwavering support of the LGBT community.
- In April 2014, Franco directed and appeared in “Techno Color Sunglasses”, which promoted Gucci’s eyewear collection.
- In 2015, Franco was cast in the lead role for the Hulu limited series 11.22.63 which is based on the novel of the same name by Stephen King.
- In 2016, Franco directed, co-produced, and starred in The Disaster Artist, the film adaptation of actor Greg Sestero’s non-fiction book of the same name, about the making of The Room, which is considered to be one of worst films ever made.
- In 2018, James won a Golden Globe Award for Best Actor, Motion Picture Musical or Comedy for The Disaster Artist.
- Visit his official website @ jamesfrancotv.com.