Chris Brown is an American singer, songwriter, dancer and actor. Having signed with Jive Records in 2004, Brown released his self-titled debut studio album the following year. It peaked at number two on the US Billboard 200 and was later certified double platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), selling an overall three million copies worldwide.
Christopher Maurice Brown
Chris, Breezy, Cb
Singer, Songwriter, Actor, Dancer
R&B, Urban, Pop, Hip Hop, Dance
Vocals, Organ, Drums
CBE, Jive, RCA Records
Birthday / Date of Birth
Chris Brown was born on May 5, 1989 in Tappahannock, Virginia, United States.
He is currently 29 years old.
Chris was a student at Essex High School, Virginia till 2005. Then he moved to New York to have a career in music.
- Mother – Joyce Hawkins (Ex-Day Care Centre Director)
- Father – Clinton Brown (Corrections Officer at Prison, Virginia)
- Siblings – Lytrell Bundy (Older Sister) (Bank Officer)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Chris Brown has dated –
- Kelly Rowland – An American recording artist, singer, Kelly and Chris were said to be in an affair with each other, sometime in their life. Both starred together in the film ‘Think Like a Man’, and the affair was said to be started during the shooting. Though, it was not confirmed and hence is a RUMOR.
- Lisa Ann – Chris also encountered a relation with adult actress Lisa for some time, but the relation wasn’t too long. Again, it was a rumor.
- Lil Mama – An American singer, songwriter, and rapper. Both were of same age and same industry, and as a result, both got together for some time in their life to feel the love. Chris and Lil were together for the song “Shawty Get Loose” in 2008.
- Paris Hilton – An American heiress, socialite, TV personality, businesswoman, fashion designer, entrepreneur, model, actress, producer, author, and singer. Chris and Paris dated each other for some time, but the dating never turned into a serious relationship between the duo.
- Keshia Chante (2006-07) – A Canadian singer-songwriter, model, actress, philanthropist and fashion icon. Chris and Keshia encountered a relationship between them for almost two years. Both got together while shooting for Chris’s song “Shortie Like Mine”.
- Erica Jackson (2009) – An American model. Chris and Erica were from the same state of Virginia. Both dated each other in 2009, as reported by New York’s Daily News. After the affair news was leaked, both were spotted together several times with each other, but sadly only for that year.
- Natasha Ellie (2009) – An American model. Natasha is said to be the girl behind the fight between Chris and Rihanna in 2009 when Chris injured Rihanna. As per the reports, Natasha texted Chris after which he got out of control and had the rumorous fight.
- Natalie Mejia (2009) – A group member of American girl group “Girlicious”. There was a RUMOR in the year that both are together after they were spotted together at a tattoo parlor. But the news, later on, proved to be just a RUMOR.
- Natalie Nunn (2009) – An American reality TV star. There was a RUMOR that both are in a relation as Natalie was revealing about the same, but Chris denied it saying that he didn’t even know her and she is crazy.
- Joanna Hernandez (2009) – An American reality TV star. Chris and Joanna found their name together in a media RUMOR together in 2009, making Joanna the sixth girl on the love list of Chris for the year, but the affair news was just and only “a rumor.”
- Jasmine Sanders (2010) – An American model. They got together in 2010. Everybody came to know about the relationship when Chris posted a photograph of her with himself on his twitter account. But soon, the playboy moved on to other girls.
- Rhea (2010) – An American singer and ex-member of Pharrell’s group NERD. Chris and Rhea hanged out together in New Year’s party that year in South Beach. The dating was there, but not the long relation.
- Karrueche Tran (2010-2015) – An American model. The dating between the two came out in November 2010 when Tran was emerging as an aspiring model in the fashion industry. The duo ended their affair in October 2012. Chris made a statement that he ended the relationship as he didn’t want to see Tran hurt over his friendship with Rihanna. Chris also released a video the very next day after making the above statement featuring him, Tran and Rihanna. They reconciled later in 2013 and split again in March 2015.
- Suelyn Medeiros (2011) – Chris’s name was attached to the Brazilian model for some time in 2011 when he was dating Tran and trying to patch up with Rihanna. At last, this relation between the two was declared as a RUMOR and the other two carried on as they were before this RUMORed news.
- Draya Michele (2011) – An American reality TV star. Only Draya spoke about it saying that she, Chris and Tran were very good friends. She stated that she and Chris were just friends and the relation was between him and Tran. And that’s how the so-called relation ended.
- Nicole Scherzinger (2012) – An American recording artist and TV personality. The RUMORed relation started when news came out in media that the two had a passionate night. But the end came to the news when the friends of two came out saying that both are just good friends.
- Rihanna (2007-2013) – A Barbadian recording artist, fashion designer, and actress. Both became friends in 2005 (but had first met in 2004 during a promo event), but the friendship turned into a romantic affair in 2008. The couple once ended their affair in March 2009 after a domestic violence case. The duo again patched up in October 2012 after Chris apologized to Rihanna for what he did. They finally separated in March 2013.
- Nia Amey (2013) – Brown had a fling with an adult model, Nia Amey in September 2013. During this time, Nia Amey got pregnant and gave birth to a child, named Royalty on June 17, 2014.
- Indya Marie (2015) – Around March-April 2015, Brown was romantically linked with model Indya Marie.
- Amy Shehab (2015) – After splitting from Indya, he started romancing another model Amy Shehab. They also separated after remaining together for 3 months in August 2015.
- Ammika Harris (2015-2016) – Chris then hooked up with model Ammika Harris from September 2015 to July 2016.
- Cydney Christine (2016) – In September 2016, he was seen dating Cydney Christine (aka Cici).
- Vanessa Vargas (2017) – In January 2017, he started dating another model Vanessa Vargas.
- Agnez Mo (2017-Present) – In December 2017, Chris Brown was spotted getting close with the Indonesian singer and actress Agnez Mo during DJ Khaled‘s birthday party. Although nothing has been made official, yet the couple has been busy uploading pictures on their social media profiles which somehow justify the rumors regarding their affair.
- Feet – 6 feet 1 inch
- Centimeters – 185 cm
- Meters – 1.85 m
- Kilograms – 82 kg
- Pounds – 181 lbs
- Measurements – 41-14-33
- Bust – 41 inches
- Waist – 14 inches
- Hip – 33 inches
He wears a size 11 (US) shoe.
Chris is best known for his studio albums. He is best known till date for his hit single “Run It!” from his first studio album “Chris Brown”.
Chris Brown released his self-titled studio album on November 29, 2005, which peaked at #2 on the US Billboard 200, while charting into the top 10 on the several other music markets. The album’s lead single, “Run It!” peaked atop on the US Billboard Hot 100 and the album earned double platinum in the United States, and gold in Australia, Canada and the United Kingdom.
Stomp The Yard (2007). It was a drama and dance film which was produced by Rainforest Films. The film was released under Sony Pictures’ Screen Gems division. Chris played the role of ‘Duron.’
In 2006, Chris landed his first acting gig, a guest starring role, in an episode of the American sitcom One on One.
He has starred in numerous TV advertisements for brands such as Forever Wrigley Doublemint, Coke Zero, Apple’s Siri and many others.
Chris Brown Favorites
- Favorite TV Shows – Boondocks, The Tyra Banks Show
- Favorite Accessories – Sunglasses, Watch, SnapBack Hats
- Favorite Colors – Grey, Red
- Favorite Clothing Brand – Bathing Ape
- Favorite Food – Gatorade/Powerade, Lobster, Pasta, Strawberry Cheesecake, Sushi
Chris Brown Net worth
Chris Brown has an estimated net worth of $50 million dollars as of 2019. He has sold more than 100 million records worldwide, making him one of the world’s best-selling and the richest music artists. In addition to his successful music career, Chris has got his hands on several business ventures. He owns 14 Burger King restaurants and a record label going by the name CBE, under Interscope Records. He owns a luxurious $4.3m mansion in Los Angeles and a fleet of expensive cars, including Chevy Impala, Viper, Lamborghini, Rang Rover, Bugatti Veyron and Porsche Turbo.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Chris Brown
- Instagram – chrisbrownofficial
- Twitter – Chris Brown
- YouTube Channel – ChrisBrownVEVO
Some Lesser Known Facts About Chris Brown
- Brown was introduced to music and dance at a very young age. He started to take part in local talent shows as well as performing in his church choir.
- His parents divorced when he was young and encountered domestic violence throughout his early years as his mother’s boyfriend used to assault her at most of the times.
- Chris is always thankful to Hitmission Records, a local production team, who discovered him and provided voice coaching as well. They met him at his father’s gas station while looking for a new talent.
- He is good friends with Lil’ Wayne.
- He has cited artists such as Sam Cooke, Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, Usher Raymond, Kim Burrell, Donny Hathaway and Marvin Gaye as his music influences.
- Chris Brown is the first male lead artist after Diddy (1997) whose debut single topped the Billboard Hot 100.
- Chris has got a lot of tattoos.
- In 2007, Brown founded the record label CBE (Chris Brown Entertainment or Culture Beyond Your Evolution), under Interscope Records.
- In 2011, he was nominated for six BET Awards, receiving more nominations than any other artist.
- Chris has won a Grammy Award, 15 BET Awards, 4 Billboard Music Awards and 6 Soul Train Music Awards.
- In 2011, he was named the #1 Top R&B/Hip-Hop Songs Artist of the Year by Billboard. That same year, Billboard also ranked him at #10 in its Best of 2011 Top Artists list.
- In January 2013, Brown was involved in an altercation with Frank Ocean over a parking space, outside a recording studio in West Hollywood.
- In July 2013, Brown’s probation was revoked after he was involved in an alleged hit-and-run in Los Angeles.
- In March 2016, he collaborated again with the Italian DJ Benny Benassi for the song “Paradise” from the album Danceaholic.
- In July 5, 2018, Brown was arrested on a charge of felony battery in Florida. He was taken to the Palm Beach jail and released on a bail of $2,000.
- In July 20, 2018, while on tour together, rapper Rich The Kid revealed via Instagram him and Chris Brown are recording a joint album.
- In 2019, Brown signed an extension and a new license agreement with this label RCA Records. With the new deal in place, Brown will own his master recordings, making him one of the youngest artists to do so at the age of 29.
- In January 4, 2019, Chris Brown released “Undecided”, the first single off his upcoming ninth album, Indigo, alongside a video for the song. “Undecided” sees Brown reunite with producer Scott Storch, who previously worked with Brown in 2005 on his breakout hit “Run It!”.
- Visit his official website @ chrisbrownworld.com.