Chris Brown is an American singer, songwriter, dancer and actor. Having signed with Jive Records in 2004, Brown released his self-titled debut studio album the following year. It peaked at number two on the US Billboard 200 and was later certified double platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), selling an overall three million copies worldwide.
Christopher Maurice Brown
Chris, Breezy, Cb
Singer, Songwriter, Actor, Dancer
R&B, Urban, Pop, Hip Hop, Dance
Vocals, Organ, Drums
CBE, Jive, RCA Records
Birthday / Date of Birth
Chris Brown was born on the 5th of May 1989, in Tappahannock, Virginia, United States.
He is currently 33 years old.
Chris was a student at Essex High School, Virginia till 2005. Then he moved to New York to have a career in music.
- Mother – Joyce Hawkins (Ex-Day Care Centre Director)
- Father – Clinton Brown (Corrections Officer at Prison, Virginia)
- Siblings – Lytrell Bundy (Older Sister) (Bank Officer)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Chris Brown has dated –
- Keshia Chante (2006-07) – In 2006, Chris and Keshia encountered a relationship between them for almost two years. Both got together while shooting for Chris’s song “Shortie Like Mine”.
- Erica Jackson (2009) – An American model Chris and Erica were from the same state of Virginia. Both dated each other in 2009, as reported by New York’s Daily News. After the affair news was leaked, both were spotted together several times with each other, but sadly only for that year.
- Jasmine Sanders (2010) – An American model. They got together in 2010. Everybody came to know about the relationship when Chris posted a photograph of her with himself on his twitter account. But soon, the playboy moved on to other girls.
- Draya Michele (2011) – An American reality TV star Draya spoke about it saying that she, Chris and Tran w ere very good friends. She stated that she and Chris were just friends and the relation was between him and Tran. And that’s how the so-called relation ended.
- Rihanna (2007-2013) – A Barbadian recording artist, fashion designer, and actress. Both became friends in 2005 (but had first met in 2004 during a promo event), but the friendship turned into a romantic affair in 2008. The couple once ended their affair in March 2009 after a domestic violence case. The duo again patched up in October 2012 after Chris apologized to Rihanna for what he did. They finally separated in March 2013.
- Nia Amey (2013) – In September 2013, Brown had a fling with an adult model, Nia Amey. During this time, Nia Amey got pregnant and gave birth to a child, named Royalty on June 17, 2014.
- Amy Shehab (2015) – Chris started romancing another model Amy Shehab. They also separated after remaining together for 3 months in August 2015.
- Ammika Harris (2015-2016) – Chris then hooked up with model Ammika Harris from September 2015 to July 2016.
- Cydney Christine (2016) – In September 2016, Brown was seen dating Cydney Christine (aka Cici).
- Vanessa Vargas (2017) – In January 2017, Chris started dating another model Vanessa Vargas.
- Agnez Mo (2017-Present) – In December 2017, Brown was spotted getting close with the Indonesian singer and actress Agnez Mo during DJ Khaled‘s birthday party. Although nothing has been made official, yet the couple has been busy uploading pictures on their social media profiles which somehow justify the rumors regarding their affair.
- Feet – 6 feet 1 inch
- Centimeters – 185 cm
- Meters – 1.85 m
- Kilograms – 82 kg
- Pounds – 181 lbs
- Measurements – 41-14-33
- Bust – 41 inches
- Waist – 14 inches
- Hip – 33 inches
He wears a size 11 (US) shoe.
Chris is best known for his studio albums. He is best known till date for his hit single Run It! from his first studio album Chris Brown. The album’s lead single, Run It! peaked atop on the US Billboard Hot 100 and the album earned double platinum in the United States, and gold in Australia, Canada and the United Kingdom.
In 2004, Brown signed with Jive Records, and released his self-titled debut studio album the following year, which was later certified triple platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).
On November 29, 2005, Chris released his self-titled studio album, which peaked at #2 on the US Billboard 200, while charting into the top 10 on the several other music markets.
On January 12, 2007, Brown then made his film debut in Stomp the Yard, alongside Ne-Yo, Meagan Good and Columbus Short.
In January 2007, Chris landed a small role as a band geek in the fourth season of the American television series The O.C..
Brown has starred in numerous TV advertisements for brands such as Forever Wrigley Doublemint, Coke Zero, Apple’s Siri and many others.
Chris Brown Net worth
Chris Brown has an estimated net worth of $50 million dollars as of 2023. He has sold more than 100 million records worldwide, making him one of the world’s best-selling and the richest music artists. In addition to his successful music career, Chris has got his hands on several business ventures. He owns 14 Burger King restaurants and a record label going by the name CBE, under Interscope Records. He owns a luxurious $4.3 million mansion in Los Angeles and a fleet of expensive cars, including Chevy Impala, Viper, Lamborghini, Rang Rover, Bugatti Veyron and Porsche Turbo.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Chris Brown
- Instagram – chrisbrownofficial
- Twitter – Chris Brown
- YouTube Channel – ChrisBrownVEVO
Some Lesser Known Facts About Chris Brown
- Chris was introduced to music and dance at a very young age. He started to take part in local talent shows as well as performing in his church choir.
- His parents divorced when he was young and encountered domestic violence throughout his early years as his mother’s boyfriend used to assault her at most of the times.
- Chris is always thankful to Hitmission Records, a local production team, who discovered him and provided voice coaching as well. They met him at his father’s gas station while looking for a new talent.
- He is good friends with Lil’ Wayne.
- He has cited artists such as Sam Cooke, Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, Usher Raymond, Kim Burrell, Donny Hathaway and Marvin Gaye as his music influences.
- In 1997, Chris is the first male lead artist after Diddy whose debut single topped the Billboard Hot 100.
- Chris has got a lot of tattoos.
- In 2007, he founded the record label CBE (Chris Brown Entertainment or Culture Beyond Your Evolution), under Interscope Records.
- In 2011, he was nominated for six BET Awards, receiving more nominations than any other artist.
- Chris has won a Grammy Award, 15 BET Awards, 4 Billboard Music Awards and 6 Soul Train Music Awards.
- In 2011, he was named the #1 Top R&B/Hip-Hop Songs Artist of the Year by Billboard. That same year, Billboard also ranked him at #10 in its Best of 2011 Top Artists list.
- In January 2013, Brown was involved in an altercation with Frank Ocean over a parking space, outside a recording studio in West Hollywood.
- In July 2013, Brown’s probation was revoked after he was involved in an alleged hit-and-run in Los Angeles.
- In March 2016, he collaborated again with the Italian DJ Benny Benassi for the song Paradise from the album Danceaholic.
- In July 5, 2018, Brown was arrested on a charge of felony battery in Florida. He was taken to the Palm Beach jail and released on a bail of $2,000.
- In 2019, Brown signed an extension and a new license agreement with this label RCA Records. With the new deal in place, Brown will own his master recordings, making him one of the youngest artists to do so at the age of 29.
- In January 4, 2019, Chris released Undecided the first single off his upcoming ninth album, Indigo, alongside a video for the song.