Tom Cruise is an American actor and producer. He started his career at age 19, in the film Endless Love, before making his breakthrough in the comedy Risky Business and receiving widespread attention for starring in the action drama Top Gun as Lieutenant Pete Maverick Mitchell.
After starring in The Color of Money and Cocktail, Cruise starred opposite Dustin Hoffman in the Academy Award for Best Picture winning drama Rain Man. For his role as anti-war activist Ron Kovic in the drama Born on the Fourth of July, Cruise received the Golden Globe Award for Best Actor, Motion Picture Drama and his first nomination for the Academy Award for Best Actor.
Thomas Cruise Mapother IV
Tom Cruise, TC
Actor, Film Producer, Director
Birthday / Date of Birth
Tom Cruise was born on July 03, 1962 in Syracuse, New York, United States.
He is currently 56 years old.
Los Angeles, California, United States.
Tom has English, Irish and German ancestry.
Tom Cruise did 3rd, 4th and 5th grades from Robert Hopkins Public School in Ottawa, Canada. Then he completed 6th grade from Henry Munro Middle School, part of the Carleton Board of Education.
- Father – Thomas Cruise Mapother III (Electrical Engineer)
- Mother – Mary Lee (née Pfeiffer) (Special Education Teacher)
- Siblings – Lee Anne Mapother (Older Sister), Marian Mapother (Sister), Cass Mapother (Sister)
- Others – Patrick Russell Cruise (Paternal Great-Great-Great-Grandfather)
He is signed with Creative Artists Agency.
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tom Cruise dated –
- Mimi Rogers (1986-1990) – Tom Cruise started dating American actress and a competitive poker player, Miriam Mimi Rogers in January 1986. They married next year on May 9. They ended their three-year relationship in 1989 due to lack of physical intimacy. Their divorce was finalized on February 4, 1990.
- Nicole Kidman (1989-2001) – A pretty long marital relationship was maintained by Nicole Mary Kidman and Tom after starting dating in December 1989. The duo met on the set of 1990 movie Days of Thunder for the first time. They married a year later on December 24, 1990. Australian actress, Kidman and Cruise adopted a daughter named “Isabella Cruise” and a son named “Connor Cruise”. This relationship saw an end in 2001.
- Katie Holmes (2005-2012) – Tom, commenced dating actress Katie Holmes in April 2005. Just a couple of months later, the couple engaged in June 2005. Their marriage took place in November 2006. The couple, who is fondly called as “TomKat” by media has 1 daughter named “Suri Cruise” (b. April 18, 2006). The relationship ended in 2012, when a divorce was filed on July 9, 2012.
- Yolanda Pecoraro (2012) – Tom was rumored to be dating American actress, Yolanda in the past.
- Cynthia Jorge (2012) – Again in 2012, Cruise was romantically linked to an American businesswoman, Cynthia Jorge.
- Laura Prepon (2013) – Tom had a fling with another actress, Laura Prepon, to whom he took to The Renaissance at The Manor Hotel in November 2013. Laura was picked by Tom in his vintage car and he also took along a wine bottle with him. After all this, Laura believed that Cruise was on ‘cloud nine’. It was later proved to be a RUMOR.
- Annabelle Wallis (2016) – In 2016, after working together in The Mummy (2017), English actress Annabelle Wallis and Tom were rumored to be dating each other. But, these rumors were rejected by Gossip Cop.
- Vanessa Kirby – Tom was rumored to be dating Vanessa in 2017 when he recommended the Mission: Impossible producers to consider Vanessa for a role. Tom first got impressed by Vanessa by watching her perform in The Crown (2016–2017). He was also rumored to be thinking of making Vanessa as his fourth wife.
- In feet – 5 feet 7 inches
- In centimeters – 170 cm
- In meters – 1.70 m
- In Kilograms – 67 kg
- In Pounds – 148 lbs
- Measurements – 45-33-16
- Chest – 45 inches
- Waist – 33 inches
- Arms / Biceps – 16 inches
He wears a shoe of size 9 (US).
Best Known For
Acting in “Mission Impossible” Series. Tom Cruise has acted in all Mission Impossible (MI) Movies from 1 to 6. Tom Cruise acts as “Ethan Hunt” in MI Series. He is well known for the risky stunts in the series including the Burj Khalifa scene in the Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol.
Endless Love in 1981 for his role as “Billy”.
He has appeared in a Japanese Kure 5-56 commercial, Coca-Cola commercial, guitar hero advert and many others.
- In 2004, he was criticized for delivering a controversial statement “I think psychiatry should be outlawed”.
- In 2005, he fell in a controversy for openly criticizing actress Brooke Shields for using the drug Paxil, an anti-depressant.
- It has been reported that he had a rift with the director Steven Spielberg for his anti-psychiatry actions.
- In 2013, it was reported that Katie Holmes took divorce from Tom Cruise to protect the couple’s daughter Suri from Scientology.
- Cars Collection – Porsche 911, Bugatti Veyron, Chevy Chevelle SS, Mercedes CLK
- Bikes Collection – Vyrus 987 C3 4V, Kawasaki Ninja, Ducati, BMW S 1000 RR
Tom Cruise Favorite
- Favorite Food – Italian particularly Pasta, Strawberries, Flounder
- Favorite Color – Green
- Favorite Sport – Football
- Favorite Perfume – Clive Christian
- Favorite People – L. Ron Hubbard
- Favorite Hobbies – Fencing, Skydiving, Scubadiving
Tom Cruise Net Worth
Tom Cruise’s net worth has accumulated to approximately $600 million dollars.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Tom Cruise
- He had a abusive father to whom he has described as “a merchant of chaos”.
- He used to play Floor Hockey in his school.
- Tom Cruise has a pet cat named ‘Harvey’.
- At the age of 14, he enrolled in a seminary to become a priest but dropped out after one year.
- Both Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes wore an Armani dress at the time of their wedding.
- He is a big fan of singer Joss Stone.
- Tom was raised in poverty.
- In 1988, he won a Razzie Award for Worst Actor for the film “Cocktail”.
- In 1989, he won Golden Globe Award for Best Actor for the film “Born on the Fourth of July” and was also his first Academy Award Nomination for Best Actor.
- In 1996, he earned his second Golden Globe Award and second nomination for the Academy Award for the film “Jerry Maguire”.
- In 1999, he received his third Golden Globe Award and third nomination for the Academy Award for the film “Magnolia”.
- In 2006, he was ranked as the world’s most powerful celebrity by the “Forbes” Magazine.
- Tom purchased his first motorcycle when he was just 12 using his savings.
- October 10, 2006, was the “Tom Cruise Day” in Japan just because he visited Japan more than any other Hollywood star.
- Tom has been termed as “gay” on several occasions for which he also sued British tabloid “Daily Express,” p*rn star Chad Slater, and Bold Magazine publisher Michael Davis. Tom is heterosexual in reality.
- He became the highest paid actor of Hollywood in 2012.
- Visit his official website @ tomcruise.com.