Ryan Reynolds s a Canadian-American actor, comedian, film producer and screenwriter, best known for playing the Marvel Comics character Deadpool. He began his career starring in the Canadian teen soap opera Hillside and had minor roles before landing the role of Michael Bergen on the sitcom Two Guys and a Girl between 1998 and 2001.
Ryan Rodney Reynolds
Actor, Comedian, Producer, Screenwriter
Birthday / Date of Birth
Ryan Reynolds was born on October 23, 1976 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
He is currently 42 years old.
He has Irish ancestry.
Ryan attended and graduated from Kitsilano Secondary School in Vancouver in the year 1994. Later, he enrolled himself into Kwantlen Polytechnic University, which is in Richmond, but dropped out afterwards.
- Father – Jim Reynolds (Food Wholesaler)
- Mother – Tammy Reynolds (Retail Salesperson)
- Siblings – Jeff Reynolds (Older Brother), Terry Reynolds (Older Brother), Patrick Reynolds (Older Brother)
William Morris Endeavor Entertainment
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ryan Reynolds dated –
- Melissa Joan Hart (1996) – In 1996, American actress Melissa Hart and Ryan dated briefly. They worked together onscreen in the series Sabrina the Teenage Witch.
- Traylor Howard (1998-1999) – Ryan dated American actress Traylor Howard from September 1998 to May 1999. He is 10 years older than him.
- Kristen Johnston (1999-2000) – For about five months (from August 1999 to January 2000), Ryan was romantically linked to another American actress Kristen Johnston.
- Rachael Leigh Cook (2001) – Reynolds dated actress Rachael Leigh Cook for a couple of months in 2001.
- Alanis Morissette (2002-2007) – Then, in 2002, he caught the attention of fellow singer Alanis with whom he started dating in 2002. After two years of dating together, the duo engaged in June 2004. During his relationship, he felt that he was already married to Alanis, which he revealed in an interview. They finally separated in February 2007.
- Scarlett Johansson (2007-2011) – Scarlett and Reynolds started dating in April 2007. They announced their engagement in May 2008. Later, in that year (September 27, 2008), the couple married secretly in Tofino, British Columbia. They separated in December 2010, which Ryan announced on December 14, 2010. Their divorce was finalized on July 1, 2011.
- Agnes Fischer (2011) – Ryan was RUMORed to be dating German model Agnes Fischer in February 2011. She acted in the film Safe House (2012).
- Blake Lively (2011-Present) – Green Lantern co-stars Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively started dating in October 2011. They first met on the Acela Amtrak train going from New York to Boston, where Blake had to shoot for “Gossip Girl” and Ryan to shoot for 2013 movie “R.I.P.D” along with Jeff Bridges. Lively married Ryan Reynolds on September 9, 2012 at Boone Hall in South Carolina. In June of 2012, they purchased a cottage in Bedford, New York for $2 million. The couple welcomed their first child, a daughter named, Violet Reynolds in December 2014. On September 30, 2016, Ryan and Blake welcomed their second child.
- In feet – 6 feet 2 inches
- In centimeters – 188 cm
- In meters – 1.88 m
- In Kilograms – 84 kg
- In Pounds – 185 lbs
- Measurements – 45-32-15
- Chest – 45 inches
- Waist – 32 inches
- Arms / Biceps – 15 inches
He wears a shoe of size 11 (US).
Best Known For
Playing Hannibal King in the 2004 vampire superhero action film Blade: Trinity, George Lutz in the 2005 horror film The Amityville Horror, Wade Wilson / Deadpool in the 2009 superhero film X-Men Origins: Wolverine, as Hal Jordan / Green Lantern in the 2011 superhero film Green Lantern.
Reynolds debuted with 1993 Canadian film Ordinary Magic for his role as Ganesh / Jeffrey.
From 1991 to 1993, Ryan Reynolds appeared in YTV’s teen drama Hillside (also known as Fifteen in USA) for his role as Billy Simpson. During the show’s entire run, 65 episodes were broadcasted and Ryan was a part of each one of them.
Ryan Reynolds Favorite
- Favorite Perfume – Le Labo
- Favorite Music Genre – Classic Rock
- Favorite Movie – Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
- Favorite Hobbies – Playing Volleyball
Ryan Reynolds Net Worth
Ryan Reynolds’s net worth has accumulated to approximately $75 million dollars.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ryan Reynolds
- One of Ryan’s brothers works in Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP).
- He has played a lot of rugby. He played this sport for about nine years while growing up.
- His first dog’s name was Caesar.
- He had his first kiss during sixth or seventh grade with Deanna, his classmate.
- He is very optimistic. He thinks if he would have been a pessimist, he would have never reached at this level (as he would have quit in the early stages).
- He is very good at repairing his motorcycle.
- He is a big fan of American football team Green Bay Packers.
- In October 2008, Reynolds wrote for The Huffington Post regarding his plan to run the New York City Marathon for his father who, at the time, suffered from Parkinson’s disease.
- Reynolds appeared in People‘s Sexiest Man Alive lists in 2008 and 2009 and was awarded the top honour in 2010.
- In February 12, 2012 Reynolds appeared on the BBC’s Top Gear as the Star in a Reasonably-Priced Car. He posted a time of 1:43.7.
- In May 13, 2018 broadcast of the South Korean reality television show King of Mask Singer, Reynolds had a special performance in the opening act, singing “Tomorrow”.