Kate Winslet is an English actress. She is particularly known for her work in period dramas and tragedies and is often drawn to portraying troubled women. Winslet is the recipient of several accolades, including three British Academy Film Awards and is among the few performers to have won Academy, Emmy and Grammy Awards.
Kate Elizabeth Winslet
The English Rose, Corset Kate
Birthday / Date of Birth
Kate Winslet was born on October 05, 1975, in Reading, Berkshire, England.
She is currently 43 years old.
West Wittering, West Sussex, England
Anglican / Episcopalian
Kate Winslet began studying drama at the age of 11 at The Redroofs Theatre School, a co-educational independent school in Maidenhead, Berkshire, UK, where she was head girl.
- Father – Roger John Winslet (Swimming Pool Contractor)
- Mother – Sally Anne (née Bridges) (Barmaid)
- Siblings – Beth Winslet (Younger Sister) (Actress), Anna Winslet (Older Sister) (Actress), Joss Winslet (Younger Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kate Winslet has dated –
- Stephen Tredre (1991-1995) – He was an English actor and writer who first met Kate on the sets of Dark Season. He dated Winslet from 1991 to 1995, for 4 and a half years. He died on December 8, 1997, due to bone cancer. At that time, she had even missed the premiere of Titanic for his funeral.
- Rufus Sewell (1996-1997) – They dated for 3 months, before the hit Titanic movie. Rufus is an English actor.
- Jim Threapleton (November 1998-December 2001) – Jim is a director who first met her on the sets of 1998 movie “Hideous Kinky”. Then they dated for some time and finally married in the pub of their hometown. They have a daughter, Mia Honey Threapleton, born in 2000 in London. The 2 of these divorced on December 13, 2001.
- Sam Mendes (2003-2010) – Sam is an English stage and film director, who married Kate on 24 May 2003 on the island of Anguilla. They have a son together, Joe Alfie Winslet Mendes, who was born on 22 December 2003 in New York City. These 2 were divorced in March 2010, after spending 7 years together.
- Louis Dowler (August 2010-November 2010) – Model Louis and actress Kate were seen holding each other’s hands in London in August 2010. So, the rumors were confirmed that they are dating. But, soon the news came that they have separated as Kate wanted to give time to her career and 2 children.
- Ned Rocknroll (September 2011-Present) – Businessman Ned, who works for Virgin Galactic, the space-travel division of his uncle’s empire, married Winslet in December 2012. They started dating soon when they first met in August 2011, when she was on a holiday on Necker Island and Ned Rocknroll was a fellow guest. She gave birth to her first child, Bear Winslet on December 7, 2013.
- In feet – 5 feet 6½ inches
- In centimeters – 169 cm
- In meters – 1.69 m
- In Kilograms – 63 kg
- In Pounds – 139 lbs
- Measurements – 37-26-36
- Bust – 37 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 36 inches
- Bra Size – 33B
Her dress size is 4 (US).
She wears a size 8 (US) shoe.
In 1997, film Titanic for her role as Rose DeWitt Bukater / Dawson. It was a blockbuster super hit worldwide. She got nominated for 15 awards out of which she won 4.
In 1994, Kate did a New Zealand film Heavenly Creatures for her role as ‘Juliet Hulme’. She starred in this film and won 3 awards which are –
- Empire Award for Best British Actress.
- London Film Critics Circle Award for British Actress of the Year.
- New Zealand Film and TV Award for Best Foreign Performer.
Kate didn’t release any album. She has just contributed by singing songs in the movies and related work. She was given Grammy Award for Best Spoken Word Album for Children in 2000 for her work aimed at children. She has been included as a vocalist on some soundtracks of works, she has performed in. Her other work in this field is the single “What If” from the soundtrack for “Christmas Carol: The Movie” (2001). It was a hit single.
1991 TV show Dark Season was her first show. She did the role as Reet. This show was a teen drama science fiction show, comprising of just 6 episodes of 25 minutes each. It was shown on BBC1 from 14 November, 1991 to 19 December, 1991.
Throughout her career, she has appeared in number of commercials, American Express Credit Cards, Sugar Puffs cereal (UK), Lancôme & Longines Dolcevita watches.
Kate Winslet Favorite
- Favorite Perfume – Tom Ford’s Black Orchid
- Favorite Food – Pizza. But, now she mostly eats kean and green food.
- Favorite Color – Dark Purple
Kate Winslet Net worth
Kate Winslet’s net worth has accumulated to approximately $90 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
She is not on social media.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kate Winslet
- Kate has also worked as an assistant director in 1998 film Hideous Kinky.
- She was born in the same hospital as her former husband Sam Mendes.
- Winslet was also bullied in her school because of her bad hair, big feet, and chubby body.
- In 1991, within two weeks of finishing her GCSE examinations, Winslet made her screen debut as one of the main cast members of the BBC science fiction television series Dark Season.
- In 2005, Winslet took on a guest role in an episode of the British comedy sitcom Extras, starring Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant.
- She was given the CBE (Commander of the Order of the British Empire) in 2012 Birthday Honours for her services to drama.
- Leonardo DiCaprio, and Penelope Cruz are Kate’s good friends. Kate’s children call him as “Uncle Leo”. He bought her an inscribed gold ring, after they did together a 2008 film “Revolutionary Road”.
- She once missed the premiere of Titanic (2007 film) as she was attending a funeral of her former boyfriend, Stephen Tredre (dated from 1991-1995).
- In 2005, winslet was named one of the most beautiful people in the world by People magazine.
- In 2009,Time magazine named Winslet one of the 100 most influential people in the world.
- She prefers to wear boots than ordinary shoes so that she can walk easily.
- She was selected as a star in Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2012.
- In 2015, Winslet reprised the role of Jeanine Matthews in the second instalment of the Divergent series, subtitled Insurgent, which despite negative reviews earned $297 million worldwide.