Emilia Clarke is an English actress. Clarke studied at the Drama Centre London, appearing in a number of stage productions and starring in a theatre production by the Company of Angels. Clarke made her Broadway debut as Holly Golightly in a production of Breakfast at Tiffany’s in 2013. Her film roles include Sarah Connor in the science fiction film Terminator Genisys, Louisa Clark in the romance film Me Before You and Qi’ra in the Star Wars anthology film Solo: A Star Wars Story.
Emilia Isabelle Euphemia Rose Clarke
Birthday / Date of Birth
Clarke was born on October 23, 1986, in London, England, United Kingdom.
She is currently 32 years old.
Anglican / Episcopalian
Clarke attended St Edward’s School, Oxford from 2000 to 2005 and then Rye St Antony School, Oxford. Post that she studied at Drama Centre London from where she graduated in 2009.
- Father – Theatre Sound Engineer (d. July 10, 2016)
- Mother – Business Woman
- Siblings – Emilia has 1 older brother, who is studying politics.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Emilia has dated –
- Seth MacFarlane (2012-2013) – American cartoonist, Seth had a relationship with Emilia from July 2012 to March 2013. Toofab confirmed their dating status.
- James Franco (2013) – Actor James Franco and Clarke were RUMORed to be dating in 2013.
- Cory Michael Smith (2014) – She was RUMORed to be dating American actor, Cory Michael Smith from March 2014 to late 2014.
- Jai Courtney (2015) – This time, it is an Australian actor, Jai Courtney, with whom she dated for a couple of months from February 2015 to June 2015.
- Charlie McDowell (2018-Present) – American film director and writer, Charlie McDowell’s romance with Emilia first came to spotlight when they both posted the same pictures on their Instagram on the occasion of Emilia’s birthday in October 2018. Hence, it is a rumor.
- In feet – 5 feet 2 inches
- In centimeters – 157 cm
- In meters – 1.57 m
- In Kilograms – 58 kg
- In Pounds – 128 lbs
- Measurements – 35-26-36
- Bust – 35 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 37 inches
- Bra Size – 32C
She wears a size 7 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
Clarke was best noted for playing Daenerys Targaryen in the HBO fantasy series, Game of Thrones, staring from 2011. She has been in the cast for over seven years for which she has received many accolades and nominations.
Clarke’s first appearance in movies is with the 2012 movie Spike Island, portraying her role as Sally.
British television soap opera, Doctors, which was started in 2000. She appeared in this show in 2009 in just 1 episode titled “Empty Nest.”
Emilia has endorsed a number of leading brand like the Versace and Louis Vuitton. In November 2015, she became the brand ambassador for Dior’s new Rose De Vents fine jewellery line. In 2017, she became the face of Dolce & Gabbana’s new Eau de Toilette, ‘The One’. She has also signed endorsement deals with CoverGirl Cosmetics.
Emilia Clarke Awards
Emilia Clarke is an English actress who has received various awards and nominations, she has been nominated for three Primetime Emmy Awards and six Screen Actor Guild Awards. As of 2018, Clarke has won 10 awards from 29 nominations.
Emilia Clarke Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Favorite Movies – Clueless (1995), Voice From The Stone
- Favorite Designer – Simone Rocha and Chanel
- Favorite Jacket – Chanel
- Favorite Boot – Saint Laurent by Hedi Slimane
- Favorite Bag – Bottega Veneta
- Favorite Perfume – Le Labo Santal 33
- Favorite Jeans – Levi’s
- Favorite Beauty Products – Tom Ford’s Lipstick, Dolce & Gabbana Secret Eyes
- Favorite Sport – Horse Riding, Tennis, Skiing, Sailing, Rowing, Ice Skating, Swimming
- Favorite Food – “Pick’n’Mix” Candy, Tea
- Favorite TV Show – Girls’ and Friends’
Emilia Clarke Net worth
Emilia Clarke net worth is estimated to be $14 million dollars as of 2019. Emilia Clarke owns a range of cars from brands including BMW, Acura, Audi and Range over. She lives in a luxurious house in Hampstead, London that comprises of all the amenities including a swimming pool. She brought this house in 2015 and its present value is estimated to be $1.7 Million dollars. In 2016, she purchased an exquisitely designed house in Los Angeles overseeing the Venice Beach for $4.64 million.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Emilia Clarke
- Instagram – emilia_clarke
- Twitter – Emilia Clarke
Some Lesser Known Facts About Emilia Clarke
- She was born in London and raised in Berkshire.
- Clarke developed interest in acting when she was just three years old by seeing her dad working in the musical, Show Beat. She studied Drama and Theatre Arts and subsequently performed in many stage dramas.
- While she was at school, her mom said her not do drugs, sex and leave her eyebrows untouched. She was bullied at school for her eyebrows.
- She has a dog, named Roxy.
- Emilia drinks a lot but do not smoke.
- Asides acting, she is also good in singing cabaret and jazz and playing instruments like guitar, flute and piano.
- While studying in college, she used to work in an ice-cram shop in Oxford for pocket money.
- Emilia Clarke had only an hour to ready for her auditions for the Game of Thrones. She performed fancy ‘Chicken and robot dance’.
- Emilia was considered the role of Anastasia in the movie Fifty Shades of Grey (2015) but she turned it down as it required her to go nude.
- In March 2013, Clarke told GQ magazine that she was not recognized when she was out, despite the huge fan following of the show – Game of Thrones.
- Clarke has been nominated three times for Primetime Emmy Awards in the category Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series for Game of Thrones.
- In September 2011, she joined SMA Trust team as their celebrity ambassador.
- In 2014, She was named the most desirable woman in the world by Askmen and was named Esquire’s Sexiest Woman Alive the following year.
- Emilia Clarke has graced the covers of world’s reputable magazines like Vogue (May 2015 edition) and Rolling Stone (July 2017 edition).
- In August 2017, she became a patron of Open Door, a non-profit that aims to help young people gain access to drama school auditions.
- In February 2018, Clarke appeared at London’s Centerpoint Awards, which celebrates the courage shown by homeless young people.
- In April 2018, she was named ambassador to the Royal College of Nursing in the UK.