Will Smith is an American actor and rapper. In 1980, Smith achieved modest fame as a rapper under the name The Fresh Prince. In 1990, his popularity increased dramatically when he starred in the NBC television series The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, which ran for six seasons from 1990 to 1996. After the series ended, Smith transitioned from television to film and went on to star in numerous blockbuster films. He is the only actor to have eight consecutive films gross over $100 million in the domestic box office, eleven consecutive films gross over $150 million internationally and eight consecutive films in which he starred open at the number one spot in the domestic box office tally. In April 2007, Newsweek called him the most powerful actor in Hollywood. Smith has been nominated for five Golden Globe Awards and two Academy Awards and has won four Grammy Awards and Smith has been ranked as the most bankable star worldwide by Forbes.
Willard Christopher Smith Jr.
Will Smith, The Fresh Prince, Mr. July, Big Willy
Actor, Producer, Rapper
Pop-Rap, R&B, Pop/Rock, Urban, Party Rap
Jive / RCA Records, Columbia / SME, Interscope / Universal Music Group
Birthday / Date of Birth
Will Smith was born on the 25th of September 25, 1968, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States.
He’s currently 51 years old.
Smith attended Our Lady of Lourdes, a private Catholic elementary school in Philadelphia. Later he attended Overbrook High School. While it has been widely reported that Smith turned down a scholarship to attend the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), he never applied to college because he wanted to rap. Smith says he was admitted to a pre-engineering [summer] program at MIT for high school students, but he did not attend. I had pretty high SAT scores and they needed black kids, so I probably could have gotten in. But I had no intention of going to college.
- Father – Willard Christopher Smith, Sr. (Refrigeration Engineer)
- Mother – Caroline Bright (School Administrator)
- Siblings – Harry Smith (Twin of Ellen) (Brother), Ellen Smith (Harry’s Twin) (Sister), Pam Smith (Sister)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Will Smith has dated –
- Tyra Banks – The famous Victoria’s Secret model from America dated for quite some time with Will Smith.
- Garcelle Beauvais (1990-1991) – Black Haitian actress, who is two years older to Smith dated from 1990 until 1991.
- Sheree Zampino (1991-1995) – Will started dating Zampino in 1991 and married her in May 1992. Together, they had a son, Willard Christopher Smith III (also know as Trey). You can see Trey in 1998 single’s music video of Will Smith Just the Two of Us. The couple divorced in December 1995.
- Nia Long (1995) – The couple had an on-screen appearance on the TV series The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (1990-1996) and Smith then had around 10 months long relationship with Nia Long.
- Jada Pinkett Smith (1995-Present) – In 1995, Smith married actress Jada with whom he has had 2 children – son Jaden Christopher Syre (born 1998) and daughter Willow Camille Reign (born 2000).
- In feet – 6 feet 2 inches
- In centimeters – 188 cm
- In meters – 1.88 m
- In Kilograms – 82 kg
- In Pounds – 181 lbs
His shoe size is 11 (US).
Willis known for the Men in Black franchise of movies, which have collectively grossed $620,130,196 approximately as box-office earnings. The science fiction movie features Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith as two agents of an organization who manage alien activity on earth.
In 1993, Will made his debut in feature films with the movie Six Degrees of Separation, co-starring Stockard Channing and Donald Sutherland.
In 1990, he debuted on the television by hosting the show Saturday Morning Videos.
In 1997, Smith began his solo music career with the release of Men in Black, the theme song for the film, which topped singles charts in several regions across the world, including the UK. Smith’s debut solo album Big Willie Style, which reached the top ten of the US Billboard 200 and was certified nine times platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). The album consists of 16 singles making it a total length of 54:14 minutes.
Will has not appeared in a commercial for any brand yet.
Will Smith Favorites
- Favorite TV Show – Fresh Prince Of Bel Air (1990-1996)
- Favorite Accessory – Jewelry
- Favorite Color – Red, Green
- Favorite Place – Australia, Mozambique
- Favorite Food – Pizza
Will Smith Net worth
Will Smith has an estimated net worth of $350 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Will Smith
- Smith parents separated when he was 13, but did not actually divorce until around 2000.
- Smith raps under the name The Fresh Prince.
- Will Smith, together with his brother Harry Smith owns a Beverly Hills-based company called Treyball Development Inc.
- Smith met record producer and musician, Jeffrey Townes, popularly called DJ Jazzy Jeff, at a party and the two music lovers instantly hit it off.
- In 1988, DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince were recipients of the Grammy Award for their initial rap songs.
- He is good friends with Ken Foree.
- In 1989, Smith was arrested in relation to an alleged assault on his record promoter, William Hendricks, but all charges were dismissed.
- He can speak fluent Spanish and enjoys playing chess.
- In 1993, Will made his debut in feature films with the movie Six Degrees of Separation co-starring Stockard Channing and Donald Sutherland. With the success of the movie, he was cast in Bad Boys, two years later, an action movie that also featured Martin Lawrence.
- In 1998, Smith starred with Gene Hackman in Enemy of the State.
- In 2005, Smith was entered into the Guinness Book of World Records for attending three premieres in a 24-hour time span.
- In April 2007, he has also got the status of being the most powerful Hollywood actor by Newsweek.
- In 2008, Smith was reported to be developing a film entitled The Last Pharaoh, in which he would be starring as Taharqa.
- Smith donated $4,600 to the 2008 presidential campaign of Democrat Barack Obama.
- In 2008-2009, the peerless actor was presented the BET Award for his roles in Hancock and Seven Pounds. During this time he also won the Saturn Award for his performance in I Am Legend.
- In August 19, 2011, it was announced that Smith had returned to the studio with producer La Mar Edwards to work on his fifth studio album.
- In 2012, he supported the need for legalizing the same-sex marriage.
- In 2013, Smith starred in After Earth with his son Jaden. The film was a disappointment at the domestic box office and was panned critically.
- In February, 2015, Smith has starred in a movie called Focus, where he plays the male lead opposite Australian actress Margot Robbie.
- In 2016, Smith played Deadshot in the supervillain team-up action film Suicide Squad.
- In 2017, Smith released the song Get Lit a collaboration between him and his former group mate Jazzy Jeff.
- He has established an elementary school, New Village Leadership Academy, in California, along with his wife, Jada, donating 1.2 million dollars to the educational institution.
- In 2018, Smith performed the Hindu rite of Abhisheka of Lord Shiva at Haridwar, India. He also performed an Aarti of the holy river Ganga. He said that he felt a deep connection with Hindu spirituality and Indian astrology.
- In December 11, 2009, Smith and his wife hosted the Nobel Peace Prize Concert in Oslo, Norway to celebrate Obama’s winning of the prize.
- Visit his official website @ willsmith.com.