Jesse Williams is an American actor, director, producer and activist. He is best known for his role as Dr. Jackson Avery on the ABC series Grey’s Anatomy. He has appeared in the films The Cabin in the Woods, The Butler and Band Aid. He provided voice acting and motion capture for Markus in Detroit: Become Human. He is also the executive producer of the multifaceted media project, Question Bridge: Black Males.
Jesse Wesley Williams
Actor, Model, Director, Producer, Activist
Birthday / Date of Birth
Jesse Williams was born on the 5th of August 1981, in Chicago, Illinois, United States.
He’s currently 38 years old.
His mother is Swedish and his father is African American.
Williams studied at Moses Brown School in Providence, Rhode Island, in 1998. After he graduated from high school, his parents each began teaching in the public school system, while his mother maintained her work in pottery. Williams graduated from Temple University with a double major in African American Studies and Film and Media Arts.
- Father – Reginald Williams
- Mother – Johanna Chase
- Siblings – Unknown
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jesse Williams has dated –
- Aryn Drake-Lee (2012-2017) – In September 2012, Williams married longtime girlfriend Aryn Drake-Lee. The couple has two children, a son named Maceo and a daughter named Sadie. In 2017, it was out in the news that the couple has filed for divorce.
- Minka Kelly (2017-2018) – Jesse was in a relationship with actress Minka Kelly they broke up in January 2018.
- Taylour Paige (2018-Present) – Jesse is now dating actress and dancer Taylour Paige.
- In feet – 6 feet 2 inches
- In centimeters – 188 cm
- In meters – 1.88 m
- In Kilograms – 82 kg
- In Pounds – 181 lbs
His shoe size is 11 (US).
Jesse is best known for his role as Dr. Jackson Avery on the ABC series Grey’s Anatomy (2009–present). He has appeared in the films The Cabin in the Woods (2012), The Butler (2013) and Band Aid (2017).
In 2008, Williams made his film debut in the supporting role of Leo in the sequel to the 2005 film, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.
In 2006, Williams appeared in an episode of Law & Order, portraying the character Kwame. He had a recurring role in eight episodes of the TV series Beyond the Break as Officer Eric Medina. He also appeared in the role of Drew Collins, in two episodes of the ABC Family series Greek.
Jesse Williams has done modelling for several brands and companies, such as Tommy Hilfiger, Kenneth Cole Productions, Lane Bryant and L. L. Bean.
Jesse Williams Favorites
- Favorite TV Show – Breaking Bad (2008-2013)
- Favorite Vacation Destination – Italy
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Food – Pizza
Jesse Williams Net worth
Jesse Williams has an estimated net worth of $12 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Jesse Williams
- Instagram – ijessewilliams
- Twitter – Jesse Williams
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jesse Williams
- Jesse Williams is one of the members of the board of directors at the civil rights think tank and advocacy group, The Advancement Project.
- In 2008, Williams signed on for his first leading role, as Holden McCrea in the MGM/United Artists horror film The Cabin in the Woods. Produced by Joss Whedon and directed by Drew Goddard.
- In October 15, 2009, Williams began appearing as surgical resident Jackson Avery, in the ABC television series Grey’s Anatomy.
- In June 8, 2010, it was announced Williams would be a series regular, starting in season 7.
- In 2012, Williams modeled briefly for Lane Bryant and recently in the video for Tell Me You Love Me By Demi Lovato.
- In June 9, 2015, Variety announced Jamie Bamber, Kellan Lutz, Jesse Williams and Jess Weixler had joined the cast of the thriller film Money, directed by Martin Rosete and produced by Atit Shah.
- In May 2016, Williams was executive producer of the documentary film Stay Woke: The Black Lives Matter Movement.
- In June 2016, Williams won the humanitarian award at the 2016 BET Awards, delivering a speech highlighting racial injustice, police brutality and the invention of whiteness.
- In April 2020, Williams will star as Darren Lemming in the Second Stage Broadway revival of Richard Greenberg’s Take Me Out at the Hayes Theater.