Elisabeth Moss is an American actress best known for her roles as Zoey Bartlet, the youngest daughter of President Josiah Bartlet, on the NBC television series The West Wing, Peggy Olson on the AMC series Mad Men, which earned her six Emmy Awards nominations and a Golden Globe nomination, Det. Robin Griffin in the BBC miniseries Top of the Lake, which won her a Golden Globe for Best Actress in a Miniseries or TV Film and Offred on the Hulu series The Handmaid’s Tale, for which she won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series and the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Drama Series as a producer.
Elisabeth Singleton Moss
Actress, Voice Actor
Birthday / Date of Birth
Elisabeth Moss was born on 24 July 1982, in Los Angeles, California, U.S.
She’s currently 36 years old.
She practices Scientology.
She was homeschooled by a private tutor and managed to graduate from high school two years early in 1999, at the age of 16. While homeschooling, she started learning ballet at the School of American Ballet in New York City. After that, Moss went to John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, D.C.
- Father – Ronald Charles Moss (Musician)
- Mother – Linda Moss (Musician)
- Siblings – Derek Moss (Younger Brother)
- Others – Bernard Hugo Ekstrom (Maternal Grandfather), Betty Jane Hammersmith (Maternal Grandmother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Elisabeth Moss has dated –
- Fred Armisen (2008-2011) – Moss met American actor, musician and Saturday Night Live comedian Fred Armisen in October 2008 and started dating. In January 2009, they got engaged and finally got married in October 2009 in Long Island City in New York. But somehow, in June 2010, they separated. In September 2010, Elisabeth filed for divorce, which was finalized on May 13, 2011.
- Adam Arkapaw (2012-2015) – Moss was in a relationship with an Australian cinematographer, Adam Arkapaw from 2012 to 2015.
- In feet – 5 feet 3 inches
- In centimeters – 160 cm
- In meters – 1.6 m
- In Kilograms – 53 kg
- In Pounds – 117 lbs
- Measurements – 33-25-35
- Bust – 33 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32A
She wears a size 7 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
Playing Peggy Olson in the AMC series Mad Men (2007-2015), Hulu series The Handmaid’s
Tale and the film The One I Love (2014).
She started acting at a very young age of 8, where she made her acting debut as a little girl in the 1991 film Suburban Commando.
In 1990, Elisabeth was seen in television mini-series Lucky Chances in the role of Lucky.
Elisabeth Moss Favorites
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Food – Chocolate, Sweets, Candy, Ice-Cream
- Favorite Word – Coconut
- Favorite Books – Anything by Salinger
- Favorite Smell – Jasmine
Elisabeth Moss Net worth
Elisabeth Moss has a net worth of $14 million dollars with salary of $185K per episode on TV series.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – elisabethmossofficial
Some Lesser Known Facts About Elisabeth Moss
- She aspired to become a dancer and learned dancing since she was a child through her teenage years.
- Moss graduated from high school 2 years early.
- Elisabeth learned ballet along with Suzanne Farrell when she was at Kennedy Center.
- Elisabeth Moss won the Primetime Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series for her role as well as Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Drama Series as a producer in Hulu’s The Handmaid’s Tale.
- In 1996, she rendered her voice for the animated series ‘Freakazoid!’ and the television film ‘It’s Spring Training, Charlie Brown!’
- Elisabeth practices Scientology and identifies as a feminist.
- In 2007, she was cast as Peggy Olson, secretary turned copywriter in the AMC dramatic series Mad Men.
- In 2017, Moss began playing Offred in the Hulu series The Handmaid’s Tale, for which she received critical acclaim and a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series.
- In 2018, she won a Golden Globe for her role in the TV series The Handmaid’s Tale.