Naomie Harris is an English actress. She started her career as a child actress, appearing in the television series Simon and the Witch in 1987. She portrayed the voodoo witch Tia Dalma in the second and third Pirates of the Caribbean films, Selena in 28 Days Later and Winnie Mandela in Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom. She garnered attention for her performance as Eve Moneypenny in the James Bond films Skyfall and Spectre.
Naomie Melanie Harris
Birthday / Date of Birth
Naomie Harris was born on September 6, 1976 in London, England, United Kingdom.
She is currently 42 years old.
Naomie’s father is from Trinidad, while her mother is from Jamaica.
Harris studied at St Marylebone School in Marylebone, London. In 1998, she completed her graduation from Pembroke College (of University of Cambridge) in Social and Political Sciences. She learned acting from Bristol Old Vic Theatre School.
- Father – Winston Harris
- Mother – Lisselle Kayla (Previously a screenwriter and now a healer)
- Siblings – Unknown
Boyfriend / Spouse
Naomie Harris dated –
- Chiwetel Ejiofor (2000-2007) – From 2000 to 2007, British actor Chiwetel Ejiofor was romantically linked to Naomie Harris.
- Orlando Bloom (2007) – After meeting on the set of Pirates of the Caribbean, the English actors Orlando Bloom and Naomie started dating. They were romantically linked to each other from June to August 2007.
- Peter Legler (2012-Present) – Naomie Harris is dating Peter Legler since October 2012. However, their relationship became public after a year. They had a romantic break in Italy on December 30, 2013.
- Feet – 5 feet 8 inches
- Centimeters – 173 cm
- Meters – 1.73 m
- Kilograms – 60 kg
- Pounds – 132 lbs
- Measurements – 35-25-34
- Bust – 35 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 8.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
She landed a role of voodoo witch Tia Dalma in the 2006 fantasy swashbuckler film, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest, starring Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow. The film was commercially successful at the box office, which minted over $1 billion against the production budget of $225 million. She reprised her role in the 2007 Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End as well. She also earned critical acclaim for playing Eve Moneypenny in the James Bond films Skyfall and Spectre.
Naomie Harris got her first break in 2001 when she was cast as a receptionist in the film Crust.
In 1987, Harris appeared on the BBC’s television show Simon and the Witch, where she played the role as Joyce in only 1 episode.
She has not endorsed any of the brands.
Naomie Harris Favorites
- Favorite Movie – The Sound of Music (1965)
Naomie Harris Net worth
Naomie Harris’s net worth is estimated to be $4 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Naomie Harris
- Her mom relocated to England at the age of five. She is originally from Jamaica.
- She began her acting career at the age of nine.
- She is the first British black actress to play a Bond girl in the famous James Bond franchise.
- In 2011, Harris also played the role of Elizabeth Lavenza in theatre play Frankenstein.
- She was offered the role of Angela Rivera in Southpaw (2015) after Nyong’o walked out of the film.
- She was featured in video games like Fable III and 007 Legends.
- She stopped eating meat after watching the 2014 documentary film Cowspiracy: The Sustainability Secret.
- In 2016, Harris starred as Paula in the critically acclaimed film Moonlight. Moonlight won the Academy Award for Best Picture and Harris was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress, Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role and Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress, Motion Picture, among other awards.
- Harris was appointed an Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in the 2017 New Year Honours for services to drama.