Mélanie Laurent is a French actress, singer, pianist, screenwriter and director. She was introduced to acting at the age of sixteen by Gérard Depardieu, who cast her in a minor role in the romantic drama The Bridge. The recipient of two César Awards, an Étoiles d’or du cinéma français and a Lumières Award, Laurent has established herself as an accomplished actress in the French film industry.
Actress, Model, Singer, Writer, Director
Birthday / Date of Birth
Mélanie Laurent was born on February 21, 1983 in Paris, Île-de-France, France.
She is currently 36 years old.
She has both Ashkenazi (from Poland) and Tunisian Sephardic (from Tunisia) ancestry.
She graduated from Lycée Hector Berlioz in Vincennes, France.
- Father – Pierre Laurent (Voiceover actor)
- Mother – Annick Laurent (Ballerina)
- Siblings – Mathieu Laurent (Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Mélanie Laurent dated –
- Julien Boisselier (2006-2009) – The French actors Julien and Melanie dated for about three years from 2006 to January 2009.
- Damien Rice (2009) – After splitting from Julien Boisselier, Melanie dated Irish singer, Damien Rice for couple of months in 2009.
- Ewan McGregor (2010) – Scottish actor Ewan McGregor was RUMORed to had fling with Laurent in January 2010
- Melanie Laurent is married to her longtime boyfriend whose identity is concealed. In 2013, she confirmed that she got married to a man, who was a crew member but declined to reveal his name. She and her husband welcomed their first child a son, Léo Laurent on September 30, 2013.
- Feet – 5 feet 2 inches
- Centimeters – 157 cm
- Meters – 1.57 m
- Kilograms – 49 kg
- Pounds – 108 lbs
- Measurements – 36-25-35
- Bust – 36 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She has dyed her hair blonde.
She wears a size 6.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Appearing in films like Inglourious Basterds (2009) and Don’t Worry, I’m Fine (2006).
Melanie appeared in 1999 French film Un pont entre deux rives for her role as Lisbeth.
When she was dating Irish singer, Damien Rice in 2009, Melanie started recording her debut album, En T’Attendant and released it on May 2, 2011. It consists of twelve singles, making the album about 50 minutes long. It charted at #22 in Belgian Albums Chart and the hit single from the album En t’attendant climbed to its personal highest at #23 in the charts.
In 1998, she guest appeared in the TV series Les malheurs de Sophie and played the role as Young Madeleine de Fleurville in just 1 episode titled Retour en France.
She has appeared in Christian Dior’s Hypnotic Poison perfume commercial in the past.
Mélanie Laurent Favorites
- Favorite Movie – Hiroshima Mon Amour, The War is Over
Mélanie Laurent Net worth
Mélanie Laurent’s net worth is estimated to be $8 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
She is not on social media.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mélanie Laurent
- Laurent’s maternal grandparents were film poster editors.
- Melanie’s grandfather was able to survive deportation by the Nazis.
- Her dad has dubbed the character of Ned Flanders in the French version of The Simpsons.
- She made her acting debut at 16 with a minor part in The Bridge, a French film co-directed by Depardieu.
- She is friends with Marion Cotillard and Mélanie Doutey.
- She gave birth to her first child at the age of 30.
- In 2008, she made debut as a director with De moins en moins, a short film that she also wrote. It was nominated for Best Short Film at the 61st Annual Cannes Film Festival.
- In 2010, she appeared in the theater play Promenade de santé by Nicolas Bedos.
- She hosted the 64th Cannes Film Festival held in 2011.
- In 2015, Laurent starred alongside Laurent Lafitte, in François Favrat’s French drama film Booemerang adapted from the bestseller entitled A Secret Kept by Tatiana De Rosnay.
- In November 2016, it was announced that Laurent will make her English-language directorial debut with Galveston, the film adaptation of Nic Pizzolatto’s novel of the same name, starring Ben Foster and Elle Fanning.