Kate Holmes is an American actress, producer and director. She first achieved fame as Joey Potter on the television series Dawson’s Creek. She made her feature film debut in Ang Lee’s The Ice Storm in 1997. In 2008, she made her Broadway theatre debut in a production of Arthur Miller’s All My Sons. In 2011, she played Jacqueline Kennedy in the TV miniseries The Kennedys, a role she reprised in The Kennedys: After Camelot. She made her directorial debut with the 2016 film All We Had, in which she also starred.
Kate Noelle Holmes
Birthday / Date of Birth
Katie Holmes was born on December 18, 1978 in Toledo, Ohio, United States.
She is currently 40 years old.
She attended and graduated from Notre Dame Academy in Toledo, where she was a Grade A student. She scored 1310 marks out of 1600 in SAT (Scholastic Assessment Test) and so was accepted into Columbia University. She attended a summer session and then dropped out as she got the role in the TV series Dawson’s Creek. She learned acting and modeling at Margaret O’Brien’s Charm School in Toledo.
- Father – Martin Joseph Holmes, Sr. (Attorney)
- Mother – Kathleen (née Stothers) (Homemaker and philanthropist)
- Siblings – Tamera (Older Sister), Holly Ann (Older Sister), Martin Joseph, Jr. (Older Brother) (Lawyer), Nancy Kay (Older Sister)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Katie Holmes dated –
- Joshua Jackson (1998-1999) – Dawson’s Creek co-stars Joshua Jackson and Katie Holmes dated for a couple of months from 1998 to 1999. Joshua was her first love.
- Chris Klein (2000-2005) – American Pie’s Chris Klein and Katie started dating in January 2000. After dating for four years, the duo engaged in December 2003. In March 2005, they decided to end the relationship and parted their ways.
- Tom Cruise (2005-2012) – In April 2005, Katie and Tom Cruise commenced dating each other. After two months, the couple engaged in June 2005. Their marriage took place in November of 2006. The duo, who is fondly called as “TomKat” by the media has 1 daughter named “Suri Cruise” (born – April 18, 2006). They parted their ways and ended the relationship in 2012. A divorce was also filed on July 9, 2012.
- Peter Cincotti (2013) – She was RUMORed to be dating singer Peter Cincotti around April 2013.
- Alexander Skarsgård (2014) – In 2014, she had a fling with Swedish actor, Alexander Skarsgård.
- Jamie Foxx (2014-Present) – In August 2014, the RUMORs of secret romance between the two actors occurred, when the two of these spent their time together in New York during a Super Bowl weekend. They are secretly dating and are still together. In November 2018, there were some rumors they had got engaged.
- Feet – 5 feet 9 inches
- Centimeters – 175 cm
- Meters – 1.75 m
- Kilograms – 55 kg
- Pounds – 121 lbs
- Measurements – 34-24-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 10 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Her performance in The WB’s teen drama series Dawson’s Creek was highly lauded by critics and fans. This role can be considered one of her best works throughout her acting career. The success of the series led her starring in many films and TV shows.
Her first professional role and film debut happened with 1997 drama film The Ice Storm for her role as Libbets Casey.
Katie Holmes’s first television role was as Joey Potter in the teen drama TV series Dawson’s Creek from 1998 to 2003. She played the lead role in a total of 128 episodes and received a number of award nominations in different categories.
Holmes has done endorsement works for Bobbi Brown cosmetics, Alterna Hair Care, Garnier Hair Care products, Coach clothing, among others.
Katie Holmes Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Tom Hanks
- Favorite Actress – Meg Ryan, Jodie Foster
- Favorite Movie – My Best Friend’s Wedding (1997)
- Favorite TV Shows – ER (1994-2009), Party of Five (1994-2000)
- Favorite Singers – Jewel, Dave Matthews Band, Frank Sinatra, Tracy Chapman, Sarah McLachlan, Natalie Merchant
- Favorite Directors – Ron Howard, Oliver Stone, Woody Allen
- Favorite Food – Cookie Dough, Jelly Beans, Buttered Popcorn, Veggie Burgers, Onion Rings
Katie Holmes Net worth
Katie Holmes has an estimated net worth of $30 million dollars as of 2019. She lives in New York City, New York, United States.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – katieholmes212
- Twitter – Katie Holmes
Some Lesser Known Facts About Katie Holmes
- She is a very quick learner as she learned how to ride a dirt bike in less than two hours. Her ex-husband, Tom Cruise made her to learn.
- She is friends with Victoria Beckham.
- In 1998, she dropped out from Columbia University in order to focus on her role as Joey Potter in the Dawson’s Creek.
- She was ranked #22 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2005 list.
- In 2005, TV Guide ranked Holmes No. 38 on its “50 Sexiest Stars of All Time” list.
- Katie was named #90 in FHM magazine’s “100 Sexiest Women in the World” in 2006.
- Holmes gave audition for the role of Carla Albanese in Nine (2009), which finally went to Penélope Cruz.
- In 2011, she received the Women in Film Max Mara Face of the Future Award.
- In April 2011, she filed a $50 million libel lawsuit against Star Magazine as they published a cover story in March 2011 about her in which the magazine hinted about her taking drugs.
- In 2017, Holmes starred in the heist comedy Logan Lucky, directed by Steven Soderbergh. The film received positive reviews, with many critics praising the cast’s performances and Soderbergh’s direction and grossed $48 million worldwide.
- In 2018, she gave voice for the character Anna Mary Jones/Dee Dee in the sketch comedy TV series Robot Chicken.