Nia Long is an American actress. She is known for her roles in the television series The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Third Watch and Empire and the films Boyz n the Hood, Friday, Love Jones, Soul Food, In Too Deep, The Best Man, Big Momma’s House and Are We There Yet?. She is also the recipient of numerous awards and nominations.
Nia Talita Long
Birthday / Date of Birth
Nia Long was born on the 30th of October 1970, in Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States.
She’s currently 49 years old.
Los Angeles, California, United States
She is of Trinidadian, Grenadian, Vincentian and Bajan descent.
Long attended the Roman Catholic school St. Mary’s Academy in Inglewood, California. She was bused from South Los Angeles to Paseo Del Rey Elementary School in Playa Del Rey from 3rd grade through 6th grade. In addition to her academic classes, she studied ballet, tap, jazz, gymnastics, guitar and acting. She graduated from Westchester High School in Los Angeles in 1989.
- Father – Doughtry Long (High School Teacher and Poet)
- Mother – Talita Gillman (Teacher and Printmaker)
- Siblings – Sommore (Older Half-Sister)
- Relatives – Vitalis Udoka (Father-in-law), Mfon Udoka (Sister-in-law)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Nia Long has dated –
- Kendu Isaacs (1992) – She had an encounter with music producer Kendu Isaacs in 1992.
- Chris Webber (1993-1995) – Nia was in a relationship with basketball player Chris Webber from 1993 to 1995.
- Will Smith (1995) – Nia dated actor Will Smith for about 10 months in 1995 after they appeared together onscreen on The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
- Massai Z. Dorsey (1999-2001) – Nia was in a relationship with actor Massai Dorsey. They got engaged in 2001 but their relationship did not last long and they separated after 10 months of the engagement. The two have a son together named, Massai Zhivago Dorsey II who was born on November 26, 2000.
- Mick Jagger (2004) – Nia then had a brief encounter with British musician Mick Jagger in 2004.
- Kevin Phillips (2006) – She was in a brief relationship with actor Kevin Phillips in 2006.
- Dwight Freeney (2006) – Nia was dating American football player Dwight Freeney for some time in 2006.
- Cuttino Mobley (2007) – She was also hooked with American football player Cuttino Mobley in 2007.
- Joel Gonzales (2008) – Nia Long and actor Joel Gonzales had a brief encounter in 2008.
- Ime Udoka (2009-Present) – Nia Long first met American-Nigerian basketball player Ime Udoka in 2009 and the two began seeing each other soon after that. In May 2015, the couple got engaged. On November 7, 2011, they were blessed with a son named Kez Sunday Udoka.
- In feet – 5 feet 2 inches
- In centimeters – 157 cm
- In meters – 1.57 m
- In Kilograms – 57 kg
- In Pounds – 126 lbs
- Measurements – 35-26-38
- Bust – 35 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 38 inches
- Bra Size – 34D
She wears a size 5.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 8 (US).
Movies including Boyz n the Hood (1991), The Best Man (1999) and Big Momma’s House (2000). Among her notable television series are The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (Season 5, 1995) and Third Watch (Season 5-6, 2004-2005).
In 1990, Nia Long made her film debut with the role of Fingers in Buried Alive.
In 1986, Nia Long made her TV debut in the episode The B.R.A.T Patrol of Walt Disney’s Wonderful World of Color as Darla Perkins.
In 2014, Nia became the first black woman to become the face of Elizabeth Taylor White Diamonds Fragrance. She has also appeared in a Target commercial.
Nia Long Favorites
- Favorite Shoe Designer – Jimmy Choo, Gianvito Rossi
- Favorite Cosmetic Brand – Chantecaille
- Favorite Vacation Destination – Italy
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Food – Peanut Butter and Jelly on Whole Wheat Bread
Nia Long Net worth
Nia Long has an estimated net worth of $13 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nia Long
- Nia’s parents separated when she was only 2.
- Her acting coach is Betty Bridges, mother of actor Todd Bridges.
- Nia Long is also a motivational speaker. She puts her speaking art to practice at the Sterling Children’s Home in Barbados.
- In 2000, Nia was voted among the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World by People Magazine.
- In 2000, she played the character of Karen in the television movie If These Walls Could Talk 2 for which she was nominated for Outstanding Actress in a Television Movie, Mini-Series or Dramatic Special at the NAACP Image Awards.
- In 2000, Long was offered the role of Alex Munday in Charlie’s Angels, but she turned it down and the role was eventually given to Lucy Liu.
- In 2000, she played the role of Abbie Halpert in the American crime drama film Boiler Room for which she was nominated for the Best Supporting Actress award at the Black Reel Awards.
- In 2003, she joined the cast of the drama Third Watch, where she played NYPD Officer Sasha Monroe, continuing until the series finale in 2005.
- In 2006, she made an appearance in Kanye West‘s music video titled Touch the Sky.
- She is good friends with F. Gary Gray.
- Nia Long has been a long-time supporter of the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.
- In 2016, Long was cast in a recurring role for the TV series Empire. She acquired the role of Giuliana, a Las Vegas club owner.