Regina Hall is an American actress and comedian. She is best known for her multiple leading roles, most recently in Girls Trip, Little and Shaft. Hall has appeared on numerous television series, most prominently in a recurring role on the comedy series Ally McBeal. She became known for starring as Brenda in the Scary Movie films and her other significant film roles include The Best Man and its sequel The Best Man Holiday, Malibu’s Most Wanted, Think Like a Man and its sequel Think Like a Man Too, About Last Night, Vacation, Girls Trip and The Hate U Give. She received critical acclaim for starring as Lisa Conroy in the comedy film Support the Girls, becoming the first African American to win the New York Film Critics Circle Award for Best Actress and received nominations for the Gotham Award and Independent Spirit Award for Best Actress.
Regina Lee Hall
Birthday / Date of Birth
Regina Hall was born on the 12th of December 1970, in Washington, D.C., United States.
She’s currently 49 years old.
Los Angeles, California, United States
Regina is of African-American descent.
After graduating from Immaculata College High School, Hall enrolled at Fordham University in New York City, where she graduated with a bachelor’s degree in English in 1992. She later enrolled at New York University, where she earned a master’s degree in journalism in 1997.
- Father – Odie Hall (Electrician, Contractor)
- Mother – Ruby Hall (Teacher)
- Siblings – Unknown
Boyfriend / Spouse
Regina Hall has dated –
- Sanaa Lathan – Regina and actress Sanaa Lathan have been rumored to be dating in the past.
- Chadwick Boseman – Hall and actor Chadwick Boseman were rumored to be dating each other in 2018 but, later it was revealed that he has been in a relationship with vocalist Taylor Simone Ledward since a couple of years.
- Hill Harper – Hall once had an encounter with actor Hill Harper.
- Damon Wayans – Actor Damon Wayans has dated Regina Hall in the past.
- In feet – 5 feet 4 inches
- In centimeters – 163 cm
- In meters – 1.63 m
- In Kilograms – 58 kg
- In Pounds – 128 lbs
- Measurements – 33-24-34
- Bust – 33 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32D
She wears a size 6.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
The biggest breakthrough role of her career came in 2000, in the spoof comedy film Scary Movie and her other significant film roles include The Best Man (1999) and its sequel The Best Man Holiday (2013).
In 1999, Hall made her theatrical film debut as Candy in the romantic comedy-drama film, The Best Man and her role in the movie was very much appreciated.
In 1992, Regina made her first television show appearance in the sitcom, Loving.
Hall has a brand endorsement deal with White Diamonds Lustre by Elizabeth Taylor. In 2016, she has appeared in Control Your Blood Pressure TV Commercial for American Heart Association.
Awards & Nominations
|2003||Ally McBeal||NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series||Nominated|
|2005||Danika||Best Actress – San Diego Film Festival||Won|
|2018||Girls Trip||NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture||Nominated|
|Support the Girls||African-American Film Critics Association Award for Best Actress||Won|
|Austin Film Critics Association Award for Best Actress||Nominated|
|Black Reel Award for Outstanding Actress||Nominated|
|Boston Online Film Critics Association Award for Best Ensemble||Won|
|Chicago Film Critics Association Award for Best Actress||Nominated|
|Florida Film Critics Circle Award for Best Cast||Runner-up|
|Gotham Independent Film Award for Best Actress||Nominated|
|Independent Spirit Award for Best Female Lead||Nominated|
|Online Film Critics Society Award for Best Actress||Nominated|
|National Society of Film Critics Award for Best Actress||Runner-up|
|New York Film Critics Circle Award for Best Actress||Won|
|San Francisco Film Critics Circle Award for Best Actress||Nominated|
|Seattle Film Critics Society Award for Best Actress||Nominated|
|Vancouver Film Critics Circle Award for Best Actress||Won|
|Talk Film Society Award for Best Actress||Nominated|
|Toronto Film Critics Association Award for Best Actress||Nominated|
Regina Hall Favorites
- Favorite TV Show – Breaking Bad (2008-2013)
- Favorite Vacation Destination – Italy
- Favorite Beauty Product – Dior Lipglosses
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Food – French Fries
Regina Hall Net worth
Regina Hall has an estimated net worth of $4 million dollars as of 2019 and also receives a huge salary as well from her hit movies.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Regina Hall
- Instagram – morereginahall
- Twitter – Regina Hall
Some Lesser Known Facts About Regina Hall
- Hall’s father died of a stroke while she was attending her first semester of graduate school.
- Before starting her career in acting, Regina wanted to become a journalist.
- In 1996, she had a guest appearance on Sadat X’s album Wild Cowboys.
- Hall is good friends with Dana Delany.
- In 1997, Hall appeared in her first television commercial at the age of 26. Her television career initially began with a role on the soap opera Loving, and guest appearances on the Fox police drama New York Undercover.
- In 2001, Hall landed the role of Coretta Lipp on the prime-time drama Ally McBeal, which was originally a recurring role over several episodes but was made a main character in the 5th season of the show.
- In 2004, after her mother was diagnosed with a rare auto-immune disease scleroderma, she started volunteering for several NGOs that spread awareness towards the disease.
- In 2010, when she was 40, Hall unsuccessfully tried to become a nun after a bad break-up, having previously wanted to become a nun at the age of 14. She was refused for being too old, as the cut-off age is 39.
- In 2012, she portrayed Candace Hall in Steve Harvey’s movie Think Like a Man, a romantic comedy based on his book Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man.
- In 2014, she signed as an ambassador for Elizabeth Taylor’s White Diamonds.
- In 2014, she teamed up with the popular comedy actor Kevin Hart for the film About Last Night.
- In 2016, Hall was in Barbershop: The Next Cut. She played the role of Angie, one of the hair stylists, alongside Ice Cube, Common and Eve.
- In 2017, Hall co-starred in the comedy film Girls Trip, which became a critical and commercial success.
- In 2018, Hall was part of the ensemble cast in The Hate U Give. She also had the lead in Support the Girls, a film directed by Andrew Bujalski.
- In 2019, Hall hosted the 2019 BET Awards.