Jaden Smith is an American rapper, singer, songwriter and actor. Jaden first movie role was with his father in the 2006 film The Pursuit of Happyness. He also acted in the 2008 remake of The Day the Earth Stood Still and the 2010 remake of The Karate Kid and was in the 2013 film After Earth with his father. Smith distanced himself from acting and the film industry, deciding to focus on music instead. He released CTV2, his second mixtape, in November 2014. Smith has returned to acting as of 2017, acting in the two part Netflix original The Get Down and a voice acting role in the Netflix original anime, Neo Yokio.
Jaden Christopher Syre Smith
Jaden, J Diggy
Actor, Singer, Rapper, Songwriter
Birthday / Date of Birth
Jaden Smith was born on 8th of July 1998, in Malibu, California, United States.
He’s currently 21 years old.
Jaden was homeschooled and later attended New Village Leadership Academy, a private elementary school in Calabasas, California, which was co-founded by his parents.
- Father – Will Smith (Actor)
- Mother – Jada Pinkett Smith (Actress)
- Siblings – Willow Smith (Younger Sister) (Singer), Trey Smith (Older Half-Brother) (DJ)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jaden Smith has dated –
- Madison Pettis (2006-2011) – Jaden and actress Maddie remained friends for years. They first began dating in August 2006, when they were only 8 years old. However, at that time, their dating relationship didn’t last long, but they still remained friends. They dated ON and OFF for several years, before finally separating in 2011. Actually, it was a 13th birthday party of Madison Pettis and Jaden attended that with Stella Hudgens. They seemed cozy during the whole party and later Hudgens also posted her picture wearing Jaden’s hat on Twitter. So, Maddie ended the relationship with Smith.
- Stella Hudgens (2011-2012) – Younger sister of actress Vanessa Hudgens, Stella dated Jaden for a year from July 2011 to August 2012. She is 3 years older than Jaden Smith.
- Sofia Richie (2012-2013) – Sofia and Jaden were an item from November 2012 to January 2013.
- Kylie Jenner (2013) – American socialite, Kylie Jenner and Jaden commenced dating in March 2013. Though, in May 2013 issue of Wonderland magazine, Jaden talked about Kylie and said that they both are just good friends. They separated in October 2013. It was still a RUMOR as neither of them accepted it as a dating relationship.
- Amandla Stenberg (2014-2015) – From 2014 to 2015, actors Jaden and Amandla Stenberg dated each other.
- Sarah Snyder (2015-2016) – In May 2015, Jaden started dating model Sarah Snyder. They dated for more than a year and broke up in September 2016.
- Odessa Adlon (2017-Present) – In April 2017, he was first seen kissing actress Odessa Adlon on Miami Beach. They are still going strong.
- In feet – 5 feet 8½ inches
- In centimeters – 174 cm
- In meters – 1.74 m
- In Kilograms – 65 kg
- In Pounds – 143 lbs
His shoe size is 9 (US).
Smith made his major role debut in the 2006 film The Pursuit of Happyness as Christopher, the son of Chris Gardner, Will Smith’s character. For his role, Smith won the award for Breakthrough Performance at the 2007 MTV Movie Awards. His appearances in The Karate Kid remains one of his best films. Jaden portrayal of Dre Parker received positive reviews from the critics. Made with a budget of $40 million, the film went on to amass more than $350 million. Apart from Jackie Chan and Jaden Smith, the film also starred Taraji P. Henson and Wenwen Han in important roles.
In 2002, Jaden made his acting debut with the science fiction action comedy spy film, Men In Black II. He played a cameo alongside his dad, Will Smith. His first full role came in the 2006 American biographical drama film, The Pursuit of Happyness as Christopher Gardner, Jr. He also received three awards for the film.
In 2003, Jaden’s first acting job was in the now-defunct UPN network sitcom, All of Us, in which he played the character named Reggie.
In October 1, 2012, Smith released his first album, titled The Cool Cafe: Cool Tape Vol. 1. It consists of 18 singles. On November 18 of the year 2014, he released his second mixtape, CTV2, a sequel to his first mixtape.
Jaden has appeared in a McDonald’s commercial. Smith and his siblings were youth ambassadors for Project Zambi, which provides assistance in conjunction with Hasbro for Zambian children orphaned by AIDS.
Jaden Smith Favorites
- Favorite Subject – Mathematics
- Favorite Sports – Basketball
- Favorite Holiday – Christmas
- Favorite Brand – OnePiece
- Favorite Food – Pancakes
Jaden Smith Net worth
Jaden Smith has an estimated net worth of $9 million dollars as of 2019. In 2016, he signed a million-dollar deal with Louis Vuitton to be his face that considerably added to his wealth. In 2017, Jaden moved out of his parents house into a lavish $4 million Calabasas home located in Hidden Hills, California. Jaden Smith owns a dark silver colored Tesla Model X that costs around $80,000.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jaden Smith
- Jaden Smith had a good beginning to his career as his father was one of the leading stars of Hollywood. He co-starred with his father Will Smith in the 2006 movie The Pursuit of Happyness. The movie was a big commercial hit and made Jaden Smith a popular figure in Hollywood.
- Jaden Smith won the 2007 MTV Movie Award for his outstanding performance in his debut movie The Pursuit of Happyness.
- In 2008, Jaden Smith got his second acting opportunity when he was cast in the science fiction film The Day the Earth Stood Still.
- He was featured in Alicia Keys’ 2008 music video for Superwoman.
- In 2008, he landed the role of Jacob Benson Jr. in the movie The Day The Earth Stood Still starring alongside Keanu Reeves. He won the Saturn Award for Best Performance by a Young Actor.
- In 2010, He was named as the Breakthrough Male Star of the Year by ShoWest.
- In 2010, along with Jackie Chan, Smith starred in The Karate Kid, a remake of the 1984 film.
- In 2010, Smith rapped alongside Canadian singer Justin Bieber in the song Never Say Never. The song peaked at 8 on the Billboard Hot 100 and was certified 5× Platinum in the US.
- In 2012, Jaden Smith released his first mixtape The Cool Café. The mixtape, which mostly focused on his lifestyle, was made available for free on Datpiff.
- In 2013, Smith launched his own clothing line called MSFTSrep, which offers a range of hoodies, T-shirt, trousers, and vests. In May of that year, he made ties with a Korean designer called Choi Bum Suk and launched a pop-up store that let customers buy clothes with their collaborated logos.
- In 2013, Smith raised controversy when he criticized traditional education and advised people to drop out of school. Talking about teenagers who go to public school, Smith said kids who go to normal school are so teenagery, so angsty.
- His musical influences include Kid Cudi, Kanye West, Kurt Cobain and Tycho.
- In May 2013, Smith collaborated with a Korean designer, Choi Bum Suk, to create a pop-up store in which customers can buy clothes with their collaborated logos.
- In May 2013, Will Smith and Jaden starred together, playing father and son, in After Earth.
- In 2014, it was announced that Smith will return for the sequel Karate Kid 2 with Jackie Chan. The movie will be directed by Breck Eisner, produced by James Lassiter and Will Smith and written by Zak Penn.
- In 2018, he appeared in the teen-drama movie Skate Kitchen which was directed by Crsytal Moselle. He was also signed to play Daryn opposite Cara Delevingne in a film titled Life in a Year.
- Visit his official website @ jadensmith.com.