Jada Pinkett Smith is an American actress, singer-songwriter, comedienne, screenwriter and businesswoman. She began her acting career in 1990, with a guest appearance on the short-lived sitcom True Colors and subsequently starred in the television series A Different World. Pinkett launched her music career in 2002, when she helped create the heavy metal band Wicked Wisdom for which she was a singer and songwriter. She made her feature film debut in Menace II Society. Jada breakthrough came opposite Eddie Murphy in The Nutty Professor and she has since starred in more than 20 feature films, including Set It Off, Scream 2, The Matrix Reloaded, The Matrix Revolutions, Collateral, the Madagascar films, Bad Moms and Girls Trip.
Jada Koren Pinkett
Actress, Singer-Songwriter, Comedienne, Screenwriter, Businesswoman
Suburban Noize, Interscope Records
Birthday / Date of Birth
Jada Pinkett Smith was born on the 18th of September 1971, in Baltimore, Maryland, United States.
She’s currently 51 years old.
She is of West Indian, African American, Portuguese-Jewish and Creole descent.
Jada graduated from the Baltimore School for the Arts in 1989 with a major in dance and theater. She continued her education at the North Carolina School of the Arts and became fully invested in pursuing her acting career.
- Father – Robsol Pinkett, Jr. (Construction Company Owner)
- Mother – Adrienne Banfield-Jones (Former Head Nurse)
- Siblings – Caleeb Pinkett (Younger Brother) (Actor and Writer)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jada Pinkett Smith has dated –
- Tupac Shakur (1986–1989) – Jada Pinkett first met rapper Tupac while studying at the Baltimore School for the Arts. The two classmates were close friends and eventually started going out. Jada claimed in an interview later that they didn’t have any sexual chemistry and described one kiss they shared as the most disgusting kiss of their lives.
- Wesley Snipes (1991-1993) – Jada was RUMORed to have been in a relationship with actor and martial artist Wesley Snipes in the early 90’s. They were pictured attending numerous events together including 21st Annual AFI Lifetime Achievement Awards in 1993.
- Will Smith (1995-Present) – Jada and Will Smith met for the first time in 1994 during the television show The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air auditions. Jada was auditioning for the role of his character’s girlfriend. She didn’t get the part but became Will’s friend. A year later, they had started going out and after dating for around 2 years, they got married in an intimate wedding ceremony in December 1997. She gave birth to a son, Jaden in 1998. In 2000, she gave birth to a daughter, Willow. She is also a stepmother to Trey Smith, who was born due to Will’s previous marriage. Jada never wanted to marry Will but because she was already pregnant with her first child Jaeden, she was pressurized to marry him.
- In feet – 5 feet 0 inches
- In centimeters – 153 cm
- In meters – 1.53 m
- In Kilograms – 49 kg
- In Pounds – 108 lbs
- Measurements – 35-24-35
- Bust – 35 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32C
She wears a size 6.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Jada breakthrough came opposite Eddie Murphy in The Nutty Professor (1996) and she has since starred in more than 20 feature films, including Set It Off (1996), Scream 2 (1997), Ali (2001), The Matrix Reloaded (2003), The Matrix Revolutions (2003), Collateral (2004), the Madagascar films (2005–2012), Bad Moms (2016) and Girls Trip (2017).
In 1993, Pinkett made her film debut with hood drama thriller film, Menace II Society as Ronnie. Though the film was a commercial success, it gained bad reputation for its violent scenes, profane language and drug-related content.
In 1990, Smith began her acting career with a guest appearance on the short-lived sitcom, True Colors.
In 2014, Pinkett band Wicked Wisdom released their debut album, My Story.
Jada has starred in a TV advert for BabyCal and AIDS commercial. She has also appeared in a TV campaign (titled Green it, mean it) launched by Fox TV for nature-friendly practices.
Jada Pinkett Smith Net worth
Jada Pinkett Smith has an estimated net worth of $50 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jada Pinkett Smith
- Jada parents divorced when Jada was young and she was raised by her mother along with her grandmother Marion Martin Banfielda.
- Pinkett is also known for her philanthropy. Along with her husband, she created the Will and Jada Smith Family Foundation, a charity which provides assistance to youths and families. They have provided grants to several non-profit organizations.
- In 1988, she was crowned Miss Maryland in a beauty pageant.
- In 1994, Jada founded her own fashion label, Maja, which sells t-shirts and dresses with Sister Power slogan embellished over the products.
- In 1994, Pinkett acted with Keenen Ivory Wayans in the action and comedy film A Low Down Dirty Shame.
- In 1997, she had a cameo role in Scream 2 as a college student who is brutally murdered in front of hundreds of cinemagoers. The film made more than $100 million at the North American box office.
- In 1997, Smith was the emcee of the Million Woman March in Philadelphia.
- In 1998, she played a news reporter in the thriller Return to Paradise, with Joaquin Phoenix and Vince Vaughn and took on the title role of an extroverted woman, alongside Tommy Davidson, in the comedy Woo.
- In 2000, the readers of the Black Men magazine voted to place her on the list of 10 Sexiest Women of the Year.
- In 2001, Pinkett portrayed a loud-mouthed wife in the moderately successful comedy Kingdom Come, with LL Cool J, Vivica A. Fox, Anthony Anderson, Toni Braxton and Whoopi Goldberg.
- In 2003, she became known for her role in the American Australian movie The Matrix Reloaded and its sequel The Matrix Revolution. Both films turned out to be commercially successful.
- In 2003, Pinkett and Smith helped to create the television series All of Us, which aired on UPN/The CW.
- In 2004, she published her book, Girls Hold Up This World, which featured many of the photographs to present beauty, unity and strength in girls.
- In 2005, Smith became one of many celebrities to invest a combined total of $10 million in Carol’s Daughter, a line of beauty products created by Lisa Price.
- In 2006, their charity was awarded the David Angell Humanitarian Award by the American Screenwriters Association. She has also donated a million dollars to the Baltimore School of the Arts.
- In 2008, Jada made her directorial debut, when she directed the movie, The Human Contract. Also the writer of the film, she appeared in a supporting role as well.
- In 2008, Pinkett took on the role of a lesbian author in the all-female comedy The Women, opposite Meg Ryan, Annette Bening, Debra Messing and Eva Mendes.
- In 2013, Jada appeared in a video clip for Gucci’s Chime for Change campaign that aims to raise funds and awareness of women’s issues globally.