Ekta Kapoor is an Indian television producer, film producer and director. She started her career aged 15, interning with ad and feature filmmaker Kailash Surendranath, until after obtaining financing from her father, she decided to become a producer. In 2001, she ventured into Bollywood movie production beginning with Kyo Kii… Main Jhuth Nahin Bolta, Kucch To Hai and Krishna Cottage. Ekta has created and produced more than 130 Indian soap operas under her banner Balaji Telefilms Limited.
Ekta Ravi Kapoor
Content Czarina, Czarina of Television, The Queen of India Television
Producer, Director, Writer, Singer
Birthday / Date of Birth
Ekta Kapoor was born on 7th of June 1975, in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
She’s currently 47 year sold.
Ekta attended Bombay Scottish School (BSS), Mahim, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. Later she then enrolled in Mithibai College in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
- Father – Ravi “Jeetendra” Kapoor (Actor)
- Mother – Shobha Kapoor (Television And Film Producer, Actress)
- Siblings – Tusshar Kapoor (Younger Brother) (Actor, Producer)
- Relatives – Prasan Kapoor (Uncle) (Producer), Ramesh Sippy (Mumbai Distributor), Nitin Kapoor (Uncle) (Producer), Jaya Sudha (Aunt), Nim Sood (Aunt) (Costume Designer, Writer), V.K. Sobti (Uncle) (Director), Laxmi Sobti (Aunt) (Producer), Abhishek Kapoor (Cousin) (Actor, Director)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ekta Kapoor has dated –
- Karan Johar (2007) – In 2007, Ekta was reportedly linked with director Karan Johar after he had made a statement that he would marry Ekta Kapoor if they both remained single in the future.
- Rizwan Bachav (2017) – In 2017, Kapoor was spotted going out with Rizwan, an investment banker and marathon runner. While some media reported he was already her boyfriend, neither clarified what their connection was.
Note – She became a single parent to a boy through surrogacy in January 2019 Mona Singh, a close friend, turns babysitter for Ekta’s son.
- In feet – 5 feet 4 inches
- In centimeters – 163 cm
- In meters – 1.63 m
- In Kilograms – 57 kg
- In Pounds – 126 lbs
- Measurements – 33-25-34
- Bust – 33 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 34B
She wears a size 7 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Kapoor has created and produced more than 130 Indian soap operas under her banner Balaji Telefilms Limited. Kapoor has also launched 40 web TV series online through her digital app ALTBalaji.
In 1992, Ekta made her first feature film appearance as Capt. Anju Sinha Hood in the action, adventure, thriller film Tahalka.
In January 2005, Kapoor made her first TV show appearance as ‘Herself’ in an episode of the comedy, talk-show series Koffee with Karan.
Web Show Debut
In June 2017, Ekta made her first TV show appearance as ‘Herself’ in an episode Ekta Kapoor of the talk-show series IMDb on the Scene – Interviews.
In 2019, Kapoor sang a song named Vande Mataram alongside Sonu Nigam, a playback singer and composer, which was featured on the soundtrack for the action, thriller movie, Romeo Akbar Walter.
Ekta has endorsed brands such as EK Label & Lake Riviera Residences (2018).
Ekta Kapoor Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Hrithik Roshan, Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan
- Favorite Actresses – Priyanka Chopra, Kareena Kapoor, Sakshi Tanwar
- Favorite Books – The Last Song of Dusk by Siddharth Dhanvant Shanghvi, The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- Favorite Color – White
- Favorite Politician – Narendra Modi
- Favorite Food – Chocolate
Ekta Kapoor Net worth
Ekta Kapoor has an estimated net worth of $15 million dollars as of 2022.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ekta Kapoor
- Ekta began her career as a producer at the age of 15. She stated producing TV serial at the age of 19, after her father’s suggestion.
- In 2001, Asia Week magazine named her as one of Asia’s Most Powerful Communicators.
- She has launched stars like Vidya Balan, Sushant Singh Rajput, Prachi Desai, Ram Kapoor, Rajeev Khandelwal and Ronit Roy.
- She is an animal lover and although she has a pet dog called Lafro, she has a habit of adopting stray dogs and has many of them.
- In 2012, Ekta landed a spot on the list of 25 Most Powerful Women in Indian Business.
- In 2012, Ekta Kapoor started Institute of Creative Excellence, a media training school through her production house Balaji Telefilms.
- In 2010 to 2014, she released a number of films including Love S*x aur Dhokha, Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai and Shor in the City.
- Kapoor has launched 40 web TV series online through her digital app ALTBalaji. She has also launched her fashion series with EK Label. In recent times she has been named Content Czarina.
- Ekta has also launched her fashion label, EK which is available at Snapdeal.
- In 2019, Ekta was named Most Powerful Woman in Indian Business by Business Today and BW Most Influential Woman of India by Business world.