Narendra Modi is an Indian politician serving as the 14th and current Prime Minister of India since 2014. He was the Chief Minister of Gujarat from 2001 to 2014 and is the Member of Parliament for Varanasi. Modi is a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), a Hindu nationalist volunteer organisation. He is the first prime minister outside of the Indian National Congress to win two consecutive terms with a full majority and the second to complete five years in office after Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
Narendra Damodardas Modi
Namo, Chaiwala, Chaukidaar, Naren
Birthday / Date of Birth
Narendra Modi was born on the 17th of September 1950, in Vadnagar, Bombay State, India (Currently Gujarat).
He’s currently 69 years old.
7, Lok Kalyan Marg, New Delhi, India
Modi completed his higher secondary education from his hometown Vadnagar. In 1978 Modi received a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science from School of Open Learning at University of Delhi, graduating with a third class. Five years later, in 1983, he received a Master of Arts degree in political science from Gujarat University, graduating with a first class as an external distance learning student.
- Father – Damodardas Mulchand Modi
- Mother – Hiraben Modi
- Siblings – Prahlad Modi (Brother), Pankaj Modi (Brother), Soma Modi (Brother), Amrit Modi (Brother), Vasantiben Hasmukhlal Modi (Sister)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Narendra Modi has dated –
- Jashodaben Narendrabhai Modi (1968-Present) – Jashodaben and Narendra Modi got married in the year 1968. They have an estranged marriage.
- In feet – 5 feet 7 inches
- In centimeters – 170 cm
- In meters – 1.7 m
- In Kilograms – 78 kg
- In Pounds – 172 lbs
His shoe size is 9.5 (US).
Modi led the BJP in the 2014 general election which gave the party a majority in the Indian lower house of parliament, the Lok Sabha, the first time for any single party since 1984. Modi’s administration has tried to raise foreign direct investment in the Indian economy and reduced spending on healthcare and social welfare programmes.
Modi has attempted to improve efficiency in the bureaucracy; he has centralized power by abolishing the Planning Commission. He began a high-profile sanitation campaign and weakened or abolished environmental and labour laws. He initiated a controversial demonetization of high-denomination banknotes.
Modi has endorsed brands like- Incredible India & Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
Narendra Modi Favorites
- Favorite Books – Life Of Benjamin Franklin, Biography of Swami Vivekanand
- Favorite Leaders – Swami Vivekanand, Mahatma Gandhi
- Favorite Singers – Lata Mangeshkar
- Favorite Movies – Guide
- Favorite Song – O Pavan Weg se Udhne Waale Ghode
- Favorite Food – White Khatta Dhokla, Khilli hui Khichdi, Besan Khandvi, Undhiyu, Almond Pistachio Shrikhand
Narendra Modi Net worth
Narendra Modi has an estimated net worth of $0.3 million dollars as of 2020 and his annual income is estimated to be around $61K (Rs 39 lakhs).
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Narendra Modi
- Instagram – narendramodi
- Twitter – Narendra Modi
- YouTube Channel – Narendra Modi
Some Lesser Known Facts About Narendra Modi
- Modi was born into a family of oil-pressing community.
- His father died of bone cancer in 1989 and he was a tea seller at Vadnagar station.
- Modi used to mop the floor when he joined the RSS.
- In the past, he had done a 3-month course in the United States on Image Management and Public Relations.
- Modi left his house when he was 17 years old to wander into the Himalayas and take complete sanyas.
- He wanted to get into the Indian Army but due to financial constraints, he could not do so.
- He is a great admirer and follower of Swami Vivekanand.
- Modi is the 2nd most followed world leader in the world.
- In 2010, under his leadership as the Chief Minister, Gujarat became the 2nd best state in India.
- It was believed that during his 13-year tenure as the Chief Minister of Gujarat, he never took a holiday.
- His signature is always in Hindi and is known to stick to his mother tongue even at the United Nations.
- He is a fitness enthusiast and practices yoga every morning.
- In September 2013, Modi was named the BJP’s candidate for prime minister in the 2014 Lok Sabha election.
- In 2014, 2015 and 2017, he was named one of Time magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in the World. He was also declared winner of the Time magazine reader’s poll for Person of the Year in 2014 and 2016.
- In September 2014, Modi introduced the Make in India initiative to encourage foreign companies to manufacture products in India, with the goal of turning the country into a global manufacturing hub.
- In December 2014, Modi abolished the Planning Commission, replacing it with the National Institution for Transforming India or NITI Aayog.
- In 2015, he was named one of Time‘s 30 Most Influential People on the Internet as the second most followed politician on Twitter and Facebook.
- In 2015, Modi was ranked the 13th Most Influential Person in the World by Bloomberg Markets Magazine. Modi was ranked fifth on Fortune Magazine‘s first annual list of the World’s Greatest Leaders in 2015.
- In 2016, Madame Tussaud Wax Museum unveiled his wax statue.
- In 2017, Gallup International Association (GIA) conducted a poll and ranked Modi as third top leader of the world.
- In 2018, he has written books like Exam Warrior for children.
- In 2018, he was the third most followed world leader on Twitter and the most followed world leader on Facebook and Instagram.
- In October 2018, Modi received UN’s highest environmental award, the Champions of the Earth for policy leadership by pioneering work in championing the International Solar Alliance and new areas of levels of cooperation on environmental action.
- In 2019, he took the oath 2nd time as the Prime Minister of India.
- In January 2019, PM Narendra Modi a biographic film starring Vivek Oberoi as Modi, was announced.