Ava Michelle is an American actress, dancer, singer and model. She is best known for her role as the titular character Jodi Kreyman in the Netflix comedy, Tall Girl. She is also well known from the third and fourth seasons of Dance Moms. She appeared in several short movies in 2018 and made appearances in two episodes of The Bold and the Beautiful.
Ava Michelle Cota
Dancer, Actress, Singer-Songwriter, Model
Pop, Electropop, Dance-pop
Birthday / Date of Birth
Ava Michelle was born on the 10th of April 2002, in Fenton, Michigan, United States.
She’s currently 17 years old.
California, United States
Ava studied at Linden Middle School in Michigan till the 8th grade, after that, she was home schooled. She graduated in 2018.
- Father – Rick Cota (Deceased)
- Mother – Jeanette Cota (Choreographer, Model, Manager)
- Siblings – Devon Cota (Older Brother)
- Relatives – Jason Drenner (Mother’s Boyfriend)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ava Michelle has dated –
Ava has largely opted to keep her personal life away from the public spotlight, which makes it difficult for us to say anything about her love life and dating history.
- In feet – 6 feet 1 inches
- In centimeters – 185.5 cm
- In meters – 1.85 m
- In Kilograms – 62 kg
- In Pounds – 136.5 lbs
- Measurements – 36-28-38
- Bust – 36 inches
- Waist – 28 inches
- Hip – 38 inches
- Bra Size – 34B
She wears a size 9.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
Ava is starring in the leading role of Jodi Kreyman in the 2019 Netflix comedy Tall Girl. She is also well known from the third and fourth seasons of Dance Moms. She is appearing on Dance Moms with her mother Jeanette which created a controversy.
In 2018, Ava’s first on-screen role was fantasy short film, This Is Me and she made her theatrical film debut as Jodi Kreyman in Netflix’s comedy Tall Girl in 2019.
In 2013, Ava made her first TV show appearance in The Beginning of the End episode of the reality TV series Dance Moms as Herself.
Ava has done covers of popular songs by artists like Shawn Mendes, Halsey and Ella Henderson. Additionally, she has released original songs such as Shine Thru Me, Just Gotta Dance and ILY on her YouTube channel.
Ava Michelle has done endorsement work for the following brands- Revolve (Clothing brand), Starbucks, Illesteva, Levi’s, Nasty Gal (Clothing brand), Motel (Clothing brand), Honu Coffee, Ford Motors, I’m A Dancer Against Cancer, Beautycon Sally Miller, Burberry, K-Swiss & Patrick J Design.
Ava Michelle Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Leonardo DiCaprio
- Favorite Actresses – Jennifer Lawrence, Gal Gadot
- Favorite Places to Travel – Catalina Island, San Diego, Boston
- Favorite TV Shows – Friends, Orphan Black, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, The 100, The Vampire Diaries
- Favorite Dance Styles – Contemporary, Hip Hop
- Favorite Singers to Cover – Ed Sheeran, Shawn Mendes
- Favorite Birthday Gift – A Puppy Named Harley
- Favorite Performance on Dance Moms – The Rapture
- Favorite Animal – Dogs
- Favorite Color – Yellow
- Favorite Food – Sushi
Ava Michelle Net worth
Ava Michelle has an estimated net worth of $1 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – ava.michelle
- YouTube Channel – Ava Michelle
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ava Michelle
- Ava began dancing when she was 2 years old.
- She started modeling at the age of 13.
- Ava is trained in several dance forms like ballet, hip hop, jazz, freestyle, contemporary, and tap dance.
- Ava is quite athletic and is skilled in gymnastics, aerobics and swimming.
- She has won many national titles as a dancer. Ava was named Miss Pre Teen Galaxy International in 2014.
- She is a member of the Detroit Pistons Mob Squad, which is a group of young hip hop dancers.
- She launched her own clothing line called the Self Love Club, which features a collection of t-shirts and sweatshirts with positive messages printed on them.
- She released the single, Shine Thru Me in 2015 in memory of her father who had passed away when she was very young.
- She has done live performances with celebrities such as Flo Rida, Kid Rock and many others.
- In 2016, Ava participated in the 13th season of So You Think You Can Dance. However, she only made it as far as the Dance Academy Round.
- Her mother owned the Broadway Dance Academy studio in Michigan, where Ava herself had trained. However, she sold the studio in 2017 and moved to California to help fulfill her daughter’s acting dreams.
- She has 2 pet dogs named Harley and Hugo.
- In 2017, Ava began her modeling career at the New York Fashion Week.
- In 2018, she has collaborated with fashion designer Jonathan Marc Stein to launch the AVA X JMS clothing line.