Jennifer Lawrence is an American actress. She is best known for her portrayal of Katniss Everdeen in the Hunger Games film franchise and Raven in the X-Men series. She earned an Academy Award for Best Actress for her role in the film Silver Linings Playbook and thus far the second youngest actress to win an acting Oscar. Her films have grossed over $5.7 billion worldwide and she was the highest paid actress in the world in 2015 and 2016. She appeared in Time‘s 100 most influential people in the world list in 2013 and in the Forbes Celebrity 100 list in 2014 and 2016.
Jennifer Shrader Lawrence
Birthday / Date of Birth
Jennifer Lawrence was born on August 15, 1990 in Louisville, Kentucky, USA.
She’s currently 28 years old.
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
She has English, German, Irish, Scottish, and remote French, ancestry.
Lawrence got her education at the Kammerer Middle School in Louisville. She dropped out of school at the age of 14 to pursue an acting career.
- Father – Gary Lawrence (Construction worker)
- Mother – Karen Lawrence ( A summer camp manager)
- Siblings – Ben (Older Brother), Blaine (Older Brother)
She is signed with Creative Artists Agency.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jennifer Lawrence dated –
- Graham Patrick Martin (2008-2009) – American actor dated Jen from 2008 to 2009. He was her “The Bill Engvall Show” co-star.
- Nicholas Hoult (2010-2014) – Nicholas first met Jennifer on the set of “X-Men: First Class”. They started dating from that time in 2010. After that, they were seen at a SAG Awards after-party in late January 2011. In January 2013, she called it quits with him. But, they reconciled back in July 2013. They finally separated in July 2014.
- Chris Martin (2014-2015) – From June 2014 to June 2015, Lawrence dated about 13 years her senior, British singer Chris Martin.
- Darren Aronofsky (2016-2017) – In October 2016, she started dating film director Darren Aronofsky. They were spotted kissing in the New York street as confirmed by Daily Mail. He is about 21 years her senior. They allegedly split in December 2016 after she made the wet sponges comment to Vanity Fair. They reconciled later and split for the final time in November 2017.
- Cooke Maroney (2018-Present) – In the summer of 2018, Jennifer started dating New York-based art gallerist, Cooke Maroney. They were first linked in June 2018. Later in November 2018, the couple was seen kissing during New York Rangers game in New York City.
- In feet – 5 feet 9 inches
- In centimeters – 175 cm
- In meters – 1.75 m
- In Kilograms – 63 kg
- In Pounds – 139 lbs
- Measurements – 35-26-36
- Bust – 35 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 36 inches
- Bra Size – 32C
She wears a size 10 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
- Jennifer Lawrence launched her acting career in 2008 when she was cast as Tiffany “Tiff”, a troubled teenager, in an American drama film, ‘Garden Party’.
- Lawrence got her big break in 2010 with Debra Granik’s small-scale drama ‘Winter’s Bone’, based on Daniel Woodrell’s novel of the same name. Her portrayal of a poverty-stricken teenager in the film propelled her fame and earned her an Academy Award for Best Actress nomination, becoming the second youngest person to be nominated in the category.
Lawrence had her first role in a television film titled ‘Company Town’ in 2006. The same year, she appeared in an episode of an American comedy-drama detective mystery television series ‘Monk’ as Mascot, thus making her television debut.
Her performances in ‘Silver Linings Playbook’, ‘Hunger Games’ films, ‘X-Men’ films and ‘Joy’ are arguably her career best performances, for which she was nominated and won several awards, including an Oscar award.
- Husky voice
- Witty sense of humor
- Blue eyes and Blonde hair
Jennifer Lawrence Awards
Jennifer Lawrence is an American actress who has received numerous nominations and has won multiple awards, including one Academy Award, one BAFTA Award, three Golden Globe Awards, four Critics’ Choice Awards, two Screen Actors Guild Awards, seven MTV Movie Awards, five People’s Choice Awards and eight Teen Choice Awards.
Jennifer Lawrence Favorites
- Favorite TV Shows – Gossip Girl (2001), Bones (2005), The Simpsons (1989), Family Guy (1999)
- Favorite Movies – Breakfast At Tiffany’s (1961), Shawshank Redemption (1994), The Sound Of Music (1965), We Need To Talk About Kevin (2011)
- Favorite Bands – Jake Bugg, Beatles, The Spice Girls, The Black Keys, Queen
- Favorite Songs – “Another One Bites The Dust” by Queen
- Favorite Books – The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory (2001), Raise High the Roof Beam, Carpenters & Seymour by J. D. Salinger (1963), We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver (2003), Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy (1877), The Rum Diary by Hunter S. Thompson (1993)
- Favorite Place – New York
- Favorite Colors – Blue, Gold
- Favorite Accessory – Sparkle
- Favorite Hunger Games Movie – The Hunger Games (2012)
Jennifer Lawrence Net worth
Jennifer Lawrence has a net worth of $125 million. She owns a 5,500-square-foot, five bedroom luxury mansion in Beverly Hills. The houses was previously owned by Eric Johnson and Jessica Simpson. She bought the mansion for $7 million. Though, she has a huge collection of cars in her garage, she is often seen driving Volkswagen EOS and Chevy Volt.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Jennifer Lawrence
- Instagram – jlawthequeen
- Twitter – Jennifer Lawrence
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jennifer Lawrence
- While studying in school, she was involved in cheer leading, softball, field hockey and basketball. She also loves horseback riding and had her tailbone injured when she was thrown from a horse.
- She was discovered by a talent scout at the age of 14, who convinced her to purse acting. Though her mother was against her decision since she wanted her to take modeling as her career, she decided to pursuing acting.
- She had her first acting role at the age of 9 when she appeared in a church play in the role of a prostitute.
- Lawrence got her breakthrough in 2006, when she appeared in the television show ‘Company Town’. Following her television debut she starred in many sitcoms in minor guest roles.
- In 2011, People magazine named her as one of the “Most Beautiful People in the World” list and Maxim magazine ranked her at #10 on their “Hot 100 Women of 2011” list.
- In 2012, she was named as having the “Sexiest eyes” by Victoria’s Secret What Is Sexy list.
- At the age of 22, Lawrence became the second youngest actress to win an Academy Award in Best Actress category after Marlee Matlin, who won for Children of a Lesser God (1986) at age 21. Lawrence bagged the award for her role in Silver Linings Playbook.
- By 23, she was already nominated for three Oscars making her the youngest actress to do so.
- In 2013, Time magazine named her as one of “100 Most Influential People in the World”.
- In 2014, Forbes listed her as the highest-grossing actor of the year in Hollywood with her movies having grossed over $1.4 billion at the worldwide box office.
- Forbes named her as the world’s highest paid actress in 2015 and 2016 with annual earnings of $52 million and $46 million, respectively.
- Lawrence became a member of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences in 2011.
- Forbes named her as the world’s third highest-paid actress in 2017, with earnings of $24 million.
- She was featured in several international magazines like FHM, Glamour, Vogue and many others.
- She is a huge fan of Marion Cotillard.
- Lawrence is a philanthropist and has actively supported various charitable programs such as ‘Feeding America’, Thirst Project’ and ‘Do Something’.