Saoirse Ronan is an American born Irish actress. She is the recipient of several accolades, including a Golden Globe Award and has been nominated for three Academy Awards and four British Academy Film Awards. She was nominated for Academy Awards twice for her performance in the films namely ‘Atonement’ and ‘Brooklyn’.
Saoirse Una Ronan
She possess dual citizenship of American and Irish.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Saoirse Ronan was born on 12 April 1994, in The Bronx, New York, United States.
She’s currently 24 years old.
She was home-schooled.
- Father – Paul Ronan (Irish Actor)
- Mother – Monica Ronan (Irish Actor)
- Siblings – None
Her work is managed by her father, Paul Ronan.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Saoirse Ronan dated –
- George MacKay (2012) – 2013 film How I Live Now co-stars George MacKay and Saoirse dated off-screen quietly for sometime in 2012. The film’s director Kevin Macdonald revealed this.
- Max Irons (2013) – Actor Max Irons was RUMORed to be dating his The Host co-star Saoirse in March 2013. The duo first met on the set of this movie only. Their relationship saw an end in September 2013. However, neither of the party accepted their news of dating together.
- Jack Lowden – Saoirse was rumored to be dating Scottish actor Jack Lowden in the past.
- In feet – 5 feet 6 inches
- In centimeters – 168 cm
- In meters – 1.68 m
- In Kilograms – 55 kg
- In Pounds – 121 lbs
- Measurements – 32-23-34
- Bust – 32 inches
- Waist – 23 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 30B
She wears a size 8 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 2 (US).
- Saoirse Ronan debuted playing Celia Hardwick in the 2007 British film “The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey”.
- Technically speaking, Saoirse, however, first starred in Amy Heckerling’s romantic comedy “I Could Never Be Your Woman” in 2007, but it was released direct-to-video in America 2008.
- She has starred in several hit films including Atonement (2008), The Lovely Bones (2010), Hanna (2012), Brooklyn (2016) and The Lady Bird (2017).
She first appeared in the Irish medical drama television series The Clinic from 2003 – 2004, in which she played the role as Rhiannon Geraghty. She has also hosted an episode of Saturday Night Live.
Playing Briony Tallis in the 2007 romantic drama war film Atonement, as Susie Salmon in the 2009 American supernatural drama film The Lovely Bones.
- Clear blue eyes
- Uncanny ears for accents
Saoirse Ronan Favorites
- Favorite Songs – Fleetwood Mac, The Eagles, KT Tunstall, Scissor Sisters
- Favorite TV Show – New Girl
Saoirse Ronan Net worth
Saoirse Ronan has a net worth of $3 million dollars that results from her acting career in films, television and stage plays.
Social Media Profiles
She’s not on social media.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Saoirse Ronan
- Though, she was born in the United States, she moved to Ireland when she was three years old.
- Her first name is in Irish language, which means “freedom” in English.
- During her teens, Saoirse lived in Howth, a fishing village in Dublin.
- She first appeared on Broadway in a 2016 revival of The Crucible, playing the part of Abigail Williams.
- She has a dog named Sassie.
- In 2010, Ronan was invited to join the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
- She was made brand ambassador for the Irish Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children.
- Saoirse Ronan auditioned to play Luna Lovegood in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, but eventually lost out to Evanna Lynch.
- She won Golden Globe for Best Actress for her role as Christine “Lady Bird” McPherson in the 2017 American comedy drama film Lady Bird.
- She wants to work with Johnny Depp.
- She has a TV crush on Zooey Deschanel.