Marion Cotillard is a French actress, singer-songwriter, musician and environmentalist. She is the recipient of an Academy Award, a BAFTA Award, a Golden Globe Award, two César Awards, a European Award and a Lumières Award. She became a Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters in France in 2010 and was promoted to Officer in 2016.
Actress, Singer, Musician, Environmentalist
Birthday / Date of Birth
Marion Cotillard was born on September 30, 1975 in Paris, France.
She is currently 43 years old.
She resides at Paris, France and Los Angeles, California, United States.
Her educational background is not known.
- Father – Jean-Claude Cotillard (Actor, teacher)
- Mother – Niseema Theillaud (Actress, drama teacher)
- Siblings – Quentin Cotillard (Twin Younger Brother) (Sculptor), Guillaume Cotillard (Twin Younger Brother) (Screenwriter, director)
- Others – Laurent Cotillard (Cousin) (Actor)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Marion Cotillard dated –
- Guillaume Canet (2007-Present) – Marion is currently dating French actor and director, Guillaume since 2007. However they met on the set of 2003 movie Love Me If You Dare for the first time. The couple does not share their news about being together to the media. But they are seen together frequently shopping. They are living together and have given birth to their first child, a son named Marcel, which they announced on May 20, 2011 and in 2017 their second child, a daughter named Louise, was born.
- In feet – 5 feet 6½ inches
- In centimeters – 169 cm
- In meters – 1.69 m
- In Kilograms – 57 kg
- In Pounds – 126 lbs
- Measurements – 36-24-34
- Bust – 36 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32D
Her dress size is 6 (US).
She wears a size 8 (US) shoe.
Best Known For
Her role as Édith Piaf in the 2007 French biopic La Vie en rose (In English – Life in Pink) in which she played the lead role of a French singer Édith Piaf. The film was based on the biography of Édith Piaf. She won 22 awards for this movie in different categories Golden Globe Award and Academy Award for Best Actress.
In 1994, Marion debuted with French film L’ Histoire du garçon qui voulait qu’on l’embrasse for her role as Mathilde.
She has not released any album yet but appeared in a 2007 biopic La Vie en rose, which is based on the life of a French singer Édith Piaf. Marion portrayed the role of Édith Piaf. Later, her performance in the movie was widely praised by the audience.
She has appeared in the exhibition of French fashion label Christian Dior. She appeared on the cover of W Magazine wearing Dior Haute Couture in December 2012 issue.
A mole mark in the middle of the forehead.
Marion Cotillard Favorite
- Favorite Artists – Adele, Whitney Houston, James Morrison
- Favorite Fruit – Pineapple
- Favorite Fashion Icons – Brigitte Bardot
- Favorite Color – Red
Marion Cotillard Net Worth
Marion Cotillard’s net worth has accumulated to approximately $40 million dollars.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – marioncotillard
Some Lesser Known Facts About Marion Cotillard
- Marion was not chosen for the lead role as French singer Édith Piaf in the 2007 biopic La Vie en Rose, based on her performance.
- She is an avid fan of Canadian singer Hawksley Workman and Radiohead.
- In 2008, she attracted some controversy as she raised some questions on the explanation of World Trade Center attack (on September 11, 2001). According to Marion, the attack was intentional and she later apologized for her explanation citing that her answers were taken out of context.
- She has become the fifth actress to win the Oscar award in the category of “Best Actress” for playing a female singer in a biopic.
- She attended AMPAS in 2008. Marion was among the 105 people to be invited.
- In March 2010, Cotillard was made a Chevalier (Knight) of the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres (Order of the Arts and Letters) by the French government for her “contribution to the enrichment of French culture”.
- The actress was among 650 names from the worlds of politics, culture, sport and public life published in the government’s official journal for Bastille Day.
- Marion supported Chief Raoni publicly in his fight against Belo Monte Dam in 2011.
- In 2012, Cotillard was named “The World’s Sexiest Woman” by the Hungarian magazine Periodika.
- In April 2016, Vox.com analysed the actresses who have starred in the best reviewed films ranked by average Metacritic rating and Cotillard was No. 3 with an average score of 68.
- In 2017, she was featured on the official poster of the 42nd César Awards.