Natalie Dormer is an English actress. She is best known for her role as Anne Boleyn in Showtime series The Tudor. She is also famous for playing the character Margaery Tyrell in the hit series Game of Thrones. She received widespread praise for her portrayal of Anne Boleyn on the Showtime series The Tudors and was nominated for two Gemini Awards for Best Performance by a Leading Actress in a Drama Series. She made her stage debut at the Young Vic in 2010 in the play Sweet Nothings and portrayed Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon, Duchess of York in Madonna’s film W.E.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Natalie Dormer was born on February 11, 1982 in Reading, Berkshire, England.
She is currently 37 years old.
She was educated at Chiltern Edge Secondary School and Reading Blue Coat School. During her school years, Dormer trained in dance at the Allenova School of Dancing. She also trained at the Webber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Art in London.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Mark Dormer (Brother), Samantha Dormer (Sister)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Natalie Dormer dated –
- Anthony Byrne (2007-2018) – Irish actor and director Anthony Byrne and Natalie started dating in 2007 when they met on the set of The Tudors back in 2007. They engaged in 2011 but separated in the summer of 2018 after promoting the film In Darkness together.
- In feet – 5 feet 6 inches
- In centimeters – 168 cm
- In meters – 1.68 m
- In Kilograms – 56 kg
- In Pounds – 124 lbs
- Measurements – 34-25-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
Her dress size is 6 (US).
She wears a size 7 (US) shoe.
Best Known For
Playing Margaery Tyrell in the HBO’s fantasy drama television series Game of Thrones from 2012 to 2013.
Natalie appeared in the 2005 American romantic film Casanova for her role as Victoria. The film is loosely based on Italian adventurer Giacomo Casanova‘s life.
In 2007, Dormer appeared in detective drama TV series Rebus for her role as Cassie.
She has not endorsed any of the brands yet.
Rumour was that Natalie is related to Lady-in-waiting Jane Dormer, who served Queen -1. Natalie said they just have the same last name.
Natalie Dormer Favorite
- Favorite Actress – Cate Blanchett
- Favorite Movie – Volver, 21 Grams
- Favorite Fashion Icons – Edie Sedgwick, Brigitte Bardot
- Favorite Color – Red
- Favorite Hobbies – Fencing, Poker
Natalie Dormer Net Worth
Natalie Dormer’s net worth has accumulated to approximately $6 million dollars.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Natalie Dormer
- She likes the sport fencing. Dormer is also a member of London Fencing Academy.
- At school, Dormer was the head girl, a first class student, vice-captain of the school netball team.
- She was offered a place to study history in Cambridge university but she couldn’t take it because she could not get an A in the “A-level” exam.
- She is also fluent in French.
- Dormer is a self-proclaimed poker lover.
- Cate Blanchett is the one whom she idolized to step in the show business.
- Natalie has nominated for Gemini awards for The Tudors and for Screen Actor’s guild award for Game of Thrones.
- Natalie played netball during her school time and was a vice-captain of the netball team. She was also a straight A-student and the head girl of her school.
- In early 2014, she shaved off half of her head for Hunger Games: Mockingjay.
- She is also a mezzo-soprano singer.
- She gifted herself a red colored Mazda MX5 hard-top convertible car after her performance in 21 episodes in The Tudors.
- She meat Anthony Byrne while filming The Tudors in 2007.
- In March 2010, Natalie Dormer made her stage debut at the Young Vic theatre in London as “Mizi” in the play Sweet Nothings.
- She was rumoured to have connection with the historical lady-in waiting Jane Dormer who had served Queen-1. She said that the common last name is all that they have in common!