Sarah Chalke is a Canadian actress and voice artist. She is known for portraying Dr. Elliot Reid on the NBC/ABC comedy series Scrubs, the second Becky Conner and Andrea on the ABC sitcoms Roseanne and The Conners, Stella Zinman on the CBS sitcom How I Met Your Mother and Beth Smith on Adult Swim’s adult animated science fiction series Rick and Morty. She also had a recurring role on the third season of the ABC/TBS sitcom Cougar Town.
Sarah Louise Christine Chalke
Sarah Cassandra Chalke, Chalky, Second Becky
Birthday / Date of Birth
Sarah Chalke was born on August 27, 1976 in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
She’s currently 42 years old.
Los Angeles, California, United States
Sarah attended the Handsworth Secondary School in North Vancouver, Canada and graduated in 1994.
- Father – Douglas Chalke (Lawyer and Mediator)
- Mother – Angela Chalke (Mediator)
- Siblings – Natasha Chalke (Older Sister), Piper Chalke (Younger Sister)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sarah Chalke has dated –
- Devon Sawa (1995-1996) – Sarah and Canadian actor Devon Sawa dated in 1995 when they were both teenagers. But soon enough in 1996, they went their separate ways.
- Will Forte (2000) – Sarah was said to be in a relationship with American actor Will Forte in January 2000. However, reports claimed that their relationship was short-lived as they broke up in October 2000.
- Zach Braff (2001-2003) – The pair worked together in Scrubs for 9 seasons from 2001 to 2010. Sarah and fellow actor Zach Braff who played the on-again, off-again couple on Scrubs, dated in real life from May 2001 to 2003.
- Jamie Afifi (2003-Present) – Sarah began dating entertainment lawyer and fellow Canadian James Afifi in 2003. They dated for 3 years before getting engaged in December 2006 during a trip to Hawaii. She gave birth to their first child at 33, a son named Charlie Rhodes Afifi (b. December 24, 2009). Their son was diagnosed with Kawasaki disease, which is the #1 cause of congenital heart disease, at the age of 2. The couple welcomed their second child, a daughter named Frances Afifi on April 28, 2016.
- In feet – 5 feet 7¼ inches
- In centimeters – 171 cm
- In meters -1.71 m
- In Kilograms – 57 kg
- In Pounds – 126 lbs
- Measurements – 36-26-37
- Bust – 36 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip -37 inches
- Bra Size – 34B
She wears a size 9 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
She was known for playing Dr. Elliot Reed in Scrubs (2001-2010), the second Rebecca ‘Becky’ Conner and Andrea on the family sitcom Roseanne (1993-1997) and Stella Zinman on How I Met Your Mother (2008-2009 and 2014).
Sarah made her theatrical film debut in the action thriller film Y2K as Myra Soljev. The film was released in Kuwait on January 26, 2000. Otherwise, it had a direct-to-video premiere in 1999 in the United Kingdom and in 2001, in the United States.
She made her first appearance on a TV show in 1989 at the age of 12 on the Canadian show Kidzone (also known as Kerrisdale High). She started out on the program by playing an environmental reporter.
Sarah Chalke has appeared in several commercials for Hanes underwear, America’s Milk Processors (Print ad) and Philips Avent Natural Baby Bottle. Chalke is a brand ambassador for the Audrey Hepburn Children’s Foundation and was also the brand ambassador for the Susan G. Komen Passionately Pink for the Cure program.
Sarah Chalke Favorites
- Favorite Musician – Joshua Radin
- Favorite Gadget – iPod
- Favorite Workout – Yoga
- Favorite Tea – Chamomile Tea
- Favorite Tea Brand – Tazo Calm
- Favorite Meal – Barbecued Salmon with Big Mixed Green Salad
- Favorite Indulgence – Dark Chocolate (Scharffen Berger 70% bar, NewTree 73% bar)
- Favorite Dessert – Pumpkin Pie
- Favorite Moisturiser – Crème de la Mer
- Favorite Beauty Product – Great Lash Mascara by Maybelline, Dior Diorshow Mascara
- Favorite App – Spotify
- Favorite Kids Store – Peek (for clothes), Monroe Workshop Toys
- Favorite Comedy Film – The Jerk (1979)
- Favorite TV Show – 30 Rock
Sarah Chalke Net worth
Sarah Chalke has an estimated net worth of $14 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
- Twitter – Sarah Chalke
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sarah Chalke
- Sarah grew up in Vancouver, British Columbia. As her mother is from Germany, Sarah used to attend a German school in her hometown twice a week.
- She began her acting career at the age of eight and appeared in local Vancouver theater productions.
- She played the cello for 7 years while growing up.
- Until the age of 16, she worked as a part-time ski instructor.
- She is proficient in several languages including English, French and German.
- She has two dogs named Harley and Tankers. Additionally, she also owns a brown Labrador named Lola, which her Scrubs cast members got from a charity auction and gifted her.
- Sarah earned the role of Becky on Roseanne ion 1993 when the series main cast Alicia ‘Lecy’ Goranson dropped the show to pursue her college education.
- She is close friend with Scrubs co-star Zach Braff.
- Chalke had her first on-camera kiss in the 1992 movie City Boy, shot at Lighthouse Park in Vancouver.
- In 2009, she became the ambassador for the Susan G. Komen Passionately Pink for the Cure program which is one of the largest breast cancer organizations in the United States.