Frédérique Bel is a French film, television and voice actress. She is well known for portraying the character of Dorothy Doll in the small sequence La Minute Blonde from Le Grand Journal on Canal+. She then had a successful acting career playing main and supporting roles in many films and television series.
Actress, Voice Actress
Birthday / Date of Birth
Frédérique Bel was born on March 24, 1975 in Annecy, Haute-Savoie, France.
She’s currently 44 years old.
After earning her high school degree, she joined the Marc Bloch University, Strasbourg and graduated with a degree in modern literature. She obtained her master degree and a DEUG in history of arts before joining the University Theater of Strasbourg.
- Father – He worked as a grocer before starting working in hospitality and catering.
- Mother – She assisted her husband in first running the grocery business and then in catering and hospitality.
- Siblings – She has a sister.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Frédérique Bel has dated –
Frédérique doesn’t opt her personal life to be in limelight and very cautious about keeping it away from media. Therefore, there is not much information available of any relation she has had in the past or in the present.
- In feet – 5 feet 9 inches
- In centimeters – 179 cm
- In meters – 1.79 m
- In Kilograms – 58 kg
- In Pounds – 128 lbs
- Measurements – 35-24-36
- Bust – 35 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 36 inches
- Bra Size – 32C
She wears a size 10.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Best known for her portrayal of Dorothy Doll in the talk show, Le Grand Journal. Her recurring roles in Fais Pas Ci, Fais Pas Ca and Profilage.
In 2000, she made her theatrical film debut in the comedy fantasy movie, Deuxième vie.
In 2004, Frédérique Bel made her first TV show appearance on the action crime TV series, Léa Parker.
Frédérique Bel has featured in a number of TV commercials including Jockey Petit Encas, Mir Laine Couleurs, EDF, Bouygues, Darty and Krys. Bel is the spokesperson of the AMFE (Association Maladies Foie Enfants), where she made a national campaign to prevent from liver diseases of young children.
- In 2012, on her official Twitter account, while supporting François Hollande during the 2012 French presidential election, she was suspended after having posted pictures of her naked only two days after having created her account. Her suspension was over three days later and she was allowed to post again on her account.
- In November 2014, her Facebook account was blocked for seven days for the head comment she posted on two articles she shared about trafficking of women in the Islamic State. She then used her Twitter account to express her anger of being censored by Facebook. She also added in an attached link the message she wrote them stating that she defends women’s rights in the world and that she was angry for being blocked.
Frédérique Bel Favorites
- Favorite Food – Tartiflette
Frédérique Bel Net worth
Frédérique Bel net worth is estimated to be $4 million dollars as of 2019. She lives in Paris, France.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Frederique Bel
- Instagram – frederiquebel
- Twitter – Frederique Bel
Some Lesser Known Facts About Frédérique Bel
- She worked as a lingerie model to supplement her acting and comedy classes.
- In early days of her acting career, she was cast in supporting roles before playing feature roles in films.
- She has voiced for several popular characters in a number of animated films including Arthur and the Revenge of Maltazard and Arthur 3: The War of the Two Worlds.
- In 2010, she was hired to lend her voice to Barbie’s character in the French edition of the popular animated comedy movie, Toy Story 3.
- Frédérique has a dog named Joca.
- Frédérique is a staunch women’s rights defender and supporter.
- In 2012, she was caught up in a controversy after she posted her naked picture to support François Hollande during the 2012 French presidential election. Her account was suspended by Twitter.
- In January 2014, she posted her naked picture on her social media account to defend her right for the IVG (Interruption Volontaire de Grossesse, which translates to voluntary termination of pregnancy).
- In 2014, she shared articles about trafficking of women in the Islamic State on Facebook and eventually her account was suspended for a week. She took to twitter to express her anger of being censored by Facebook.