Gal Gadot is an Israeli actress and model. At age 18, she was crowned Miss Israel 2004. She then served two years in the Israel Defense Forces as a combat instructor and began studying law and international relations at IDC Herzliya college while building up her modeling and acting careers. Gadot’s first international film role came as Gisele Yashar in Fast & Furious, a role she repriced in subsequent installments of the film franchise.
She went on to earn worldwide fame for portraying Wonder Woman in the DC Extended Universe, beginning with Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, followed by the solo film Wonder Woman and the ensemble Justice League. In 2018, Gadot was included on Time‘s annual list of the 100 most influential people in the world.
Actress, Fashion Model
Birthday / Date of Birth
Gal Gadot was born on April 30, 1985 in Petah Tikva, Israel.
She is currently 33 years old.
She has ¼ Austrian, ¼ Czech, ¼ Polish, and ¼ German ancestry.
Gal has studied law and political science at IDC Herzliya College. She majored in biology in high school.
- Father – Michael Gadot (Engineer)
- Mother – Irit (née Weiss) (Gymnastics Teacher)
- Siblings – Dana (Younger Sister)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Gal Gadot dated –
- Yaron Varsano – During the filming of Fast & Furious, she married her Israeli businessman boyfriend, Yaron Varsano on September 28, 2008. The couple had a hotel in Neve Tzedek, Tel Aviv which was sold to a Russian businessman, Roman Abramovich for $26 million in April 2015. The couple welcomed their first girl named, Alma Varsano in November 2011 and second daughter, Maya Varsano in March 2017.
- In feet – 5 feet 10 inches
- In centimeters – 178 cm
- In meters – 1.78 m
- In Kilograms – 59 kg
- In Pounds – 130 lbs
- Measurements – 34-23-34
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 23 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
Her dress size is 3 (US).
She wears a size 9 (US) shoe.
Best Known For
Playing Gisele Yashar in the Fast & Furious film series and as Diana Prince / Wonder Woman in the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) and Wonder Woman (2017).
She debuted with 2009 action film Fast & Furious for her role as Gisele Yashar.
In 2007, Gal appeared in Israeli series Bubot for her role as Miriam “Merry” Elkayam.
She was made the face of Gucci’s Bamboo perfume in 2015. She has also appeared in commercials for Vine Vera skin care cream, Castro London, Jaguar Cars, Captain Morgan rum, and others.
- Great height
- Deep voice
Awards & Nominations
|2016||Chinese American Film Festival||Most Popular US Actress in China||Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice||Won|
|Critics’ Choice Awards||Best Actress in an Action Movie||Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice||Nominated|
|Teen Choice Awards||Choice Movie: Breakout Star||Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice||Nominated|
|Choice Movie: Scene Stealer||Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice||Nominated|
|Women Film Critics Circle Awards||Best Female Action Hero||Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice||Nominated|
|2017||Detroit Film Critics Society||Breakthrough||Wonder Woman||Nominated|
|National Board of Review Awards||Spotlight Award||Wonder Woman||Won|
|North Texas Film Critics Association||Best Actress||Wonder Woman||Nominated|
|Teen Choice Awards||Choice Liplock (shared with Chris Pine)||Wonder Woman||Nominated|
|Choice Movie: Action Actress||Wonder Woman||Won|
|Choice Movie: Comedy Actress||Keeping Up with the Joneses||Nominated|
|Choice Movie: Ship (shared with Chris Pine)||Wonder Woman||Nominated|
|2018||Critics’ Choice Awards||#SeeHer Award||N/A||Won|
|MTV Movie & TV Awards||Best Fight (Wonder Woman vs German soldiers)||Wonder Woman||Won|
|Palm Springs International Film Festival||Rising Star Award – Actress||Wonder Woman||Won|
|Santa Barbara Film Festival||Virtuosos Award||Wonder Woman||Won|
|Saturn Awards||Best Actress||Wonder Woman||Won|
|Teen Choice Awards||Choice Movie Actress: Action||Justice League||Nominated|
Gal Gadot Favorite
- Favorite Israeli Beauty Products – Ahava (dead sea body care), Diva (mascara)
- Favorite Color – Red
Gal Gadot Net Worth
Gal Gadot’s net worth has accumulated to approximately $10 million dollars.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Gal Gadot
- Gal has a 2006 black Ducati Monster-S2R motorcycle as she likes riding bikes.
- She was the winner of beauty pageant Miss Israel 2004, but couldn’t win Miss Universe 2004.
- She served as a dancer for 12 years.
- Her first name Gal means “wave” in Hebrew. Whereas, her last name means “shores” or “riverbanks.”
- Gal has worked as an enlisted soldier in the Israel Defense Forces for 2 years. At that time, she was also working as a model (as she was 20).
- Her earlier jobs include babysitting and she also worked at Burger King which she did as a teenager.
- In 2010, she had small roles in the action-comedy Date Night and the action-adventure comedy Knight and Day.
- In 2013, she was earning more money (annual modeling salary) than other Israeli models such as Esti Ginzburg, Shlomit Malka, and Liraz Dror. Though, Gal was way behind Bar Refaeli.
- Gal was first considered to play Bond girl Camille Montes in the 2008 film Quantum of Solace, but finally, Olga Kurylenko was cast. Later, to play Wonder Woman, both Olga Kurylenko and Gal were considered again. This time Gal beat her and as well all know, Gal was cast instead.
- Gal became the first non-American to play Wonder Woman in a film when she appeared in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice in 2016.
- She was also offered to play Faora in Man of Steel (2013), but due to pregnancy, she had to turn down the role.
- In 2014, Gadot was one of two Israeli actresses, along with Odeya Rush, listed as an upcoming leading lady by InStyle magazine.
- In 2017, Gadot starred in a solo film for her character, Wonder Woman. She reprised the role in the ensemble film Justice League, which was released in November 2017, and was her third DC Extended Universe installment.
- In 2018, Gadot was included on Time‘s annual list of the 100 most influential people in the world.
- Visit her official website @ galgadot.com.