Rachel McAdams is a Canadian actress and activist. After graduating from a four-year theatre degree program at York University in 2001, she worked in Canadian television and film productions, such as the drama film Perfect Pie, for which she received a Genie Award nomination, the comedy film My Name Is Tanino and the comedy series Slings and Arrows for which she won a Gemini Award.
Rachel Anne McAdams
Birthday / Date of Birth
Rachel McAdams was born on November 17, 1978 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
She is currently 40 years old.
Rachel studied at Myrtle Street Public School. Later she attended Central Elgin Collegiate Institute in St. Thomas, Ontario. She also served on the student council. In 2001, she graduated from a four year theater program at York University in Toronto, Ontario.
- Father – Lance McAdams (Retired truck driver and furniture mover)
- Mother – Sandra McAdams (née Gale) (Nurse)
- Siblings – Kayleen McAdams (Younger Sister) (Celebrity Makeup Artist), Daniel McAdams (Younger Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rachel McAdams dated –
- Ryan Gosling (2005-2008) – They both met each other on the set of the 2004 movie “The Notebook” and soon started seeing each other. The duo was in a relationship from 2004 until 2007. They also reconciled for a couple of months in 2008. So, this was an ON-again OFF-again kind of relationship.
- Josh Lucas (2009) – American actor Josh Lucas and actress Rachel were first spotted kissing at an event in Washington D.C. Post that, they dated for months in 2009, possibly from January 2009 until August 2009.
- Ben Jackson (2009-2010) – After meeting on the set of 2009 movie Sherlock Holmes, Rachel was RUMORed to be dating Jude Law‘s assistant, Ben Jackson in late 2009, possibly from December 2009 to January 2010.
- Michael Sheen (2010-2013) – Michael Sheen, Welsh actor met McAdams on the set of 2011 movie Midnight in Paris. They started dating in September 2010. The co-stars dated quietly until February 2013.
- Kit Harington (2013) – In March 2013, Rachel was RUMORed to be dating actor Kit Harington.
- Patrick Sambrook (2013-2014) – Rachel dated Patrick Sambrook, who is a well-known personality in the Canadian music industry from July 2013 to May 2014. The duo was first photographed at CANFAR benefit in Toronto, back in May 2013.
- Taylor Kitsch (2015) – In June 2015, the actors Taylor Kitsch and Rachel were RUMORed to be dating each other.
- Jamie Linden (2016-Present) – Screenwriter Jamie Linden and McAdams are an item since April 2016. They were seen shopping for pillows in August 2016.
- In feet – 5 feet 4 inches
- In centimeters – 163 cm
- In meters – 1.63 m
- In Kilograms – 54 kg
- In Pounds – 119 lbs
- Measurements – 34-24-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
Rachel is a natural brunette (brown colored hair), but likes to dye her hair red, blonde and others.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her role in the films The Notebook (2004), Mean Girls (2004), Sherlock Holmes (2009), and Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (2011).
Rachel played Sally Garfield in the 2002 comedy film My Name is Tanino.
In 2001, McAdams guest appeared in the television show Shotgun Love Dolls for her role as Beth Swanson in an episode titled “Pilot”.
There is no information about her endorsement deals.
Rachel McAdams Favorite
- Favorite Actor – Philip Seymour Hoffman
- Favorite Actress – Laura Dern, Joan Cusack, Samantha Morton, Renée Zellweger, Kate Winslet, Juliette Lewis
- Favorite Color – Purple
Rachel McAdams Net worth
Rachel McAdams’s net worth has accumulated to approximately $18 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
She is not on social media.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rachel McAdams
- Rachel’s grandmother is of Welsh descent.
- She was active in sports in her childhood and also remained active in sports until 18. Rachel had won several state level awards in various contests.
- Rachel started figure skating at the age of 4. At 9, she received an offer to train for skating at Toronto, but turned down the offer. So, it became just her hobby.
- Rachel had also worked at McDonald’s restaurant in the past for continuous three years. She used to work there during her summer holidays in college.
- McAdams first developed interest in acting and performing arts, when she was seven years old.
- She was born at St. Joseph’s Hospital in London, Ontario in Canada, which is the same one, where her ex-boyfriend Ryan Gosling was born.
- She turned down the role of Pepper Potts in Iron Man series, which Gwyneth Paltrow accepted.
- She likes to shop at vintage clothing stores.
- In 2001, McAdams made her television debut in the MTV pilot Shotgun Love Dolls as Beth Swanson, which was filmed during spring break from York University.
- In 2005, McAdams starred with Owen Wilson, Vince Vaughn, and Bradley Cooper in the romantic comedy Wedding Crashers.
- In 2009, McAdams starred with Russell Crowe, Helen Mirren and Ben Affleck in the political thriller State of Play, based on the BBC drama television series of the same name.
- In 2011, McAdams starred in Woody Allen’s fantasy romantic comedy Midnight in Paris with her Wedding Crashers co-star Owen Wilson and Michael Sheen.
- In 2012, McAdams starred opposite Channing Tatum in the romantic drama The Vow, based on a true story.
- In 2013, McAdams co-starred opposite Ben Affleck in Terrence Malick’s romantic drama To the Wonder.