Eva Green is a French actress and model. The daughter of actress Marlène Jobert, she started her career in theatre before making her film debut in Bernardo Bertolucci’s The Dreamers. She achieved international recognition for her portrayal of Sibylla, Queen of Jerusalem in Ridley Scott’s historical epic Kingdom of Heaven. The following year she played Bond girl Vesper Lynd in the James Bond film Casino Royale and was awarded the BAFTA Rising Star Award.
Eva Gaëlle Green
Birthday / Date of Birth
Eva Green was born on July 06, 1980 in Paris, France.
She is currently 38 years old.
Eva has Swedish and French ancestry on her father’s side.
Eva went to an English speaking institute at the American University of Paris. Post that, she went to St. Paul Drama School in Paris. Subsequently, she attended London’s Webber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Art to polish her acting skills.
- Father – Walter Green (Dentist)
- Mother – Marlène Jobert (Actress)
- Siblings – Joy (Johanne) (Younger Fraternal Twin Sister) She was born 2 minutes before her twin sister Joy
- Others – Paul Le Flem (French Composer) (Paternal Great-Grandfather), Marika Green (French-Swedish Actress) (Aunt)
Eva Green is signed to these talent agencies –
- Creative Artist Agency.
- Adéquat Talent Agency.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Eva Green dated –
- Yann Claassen (2000-2001) – The French actors Yann Claassen and Eva Green dated for a couple of months from 2000 to 2001.
- Marton Csokas (2005-2007) – From February 2005 to November 2007, New Zealand based actor, Marton Csokas and Eva were romantically linked to each other. He is 14 years her senior.
- Johnny Depp (2011) – She was RUMORed to have had a fling with American actor Johnny Depp in 2011. They acted together in the 2012 film Dark Shadows.
- In feet – 5 feet 6 inches
- In centimeters – 168 cm
- In meters – 1.68 m
- In Kilograms – 53 kg
- In Pounds – 117 lbs
- Measurements – 35-24-35
- Bust – 35 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She has naturally “Dark Blonde” hair. But, she likes to dye them black.
Blue with a hint of green
Her dress size is 4 (US).
She wears a size 8 (US) shoe.
Best Known For
Portraying the Bond girl Vesper Lynd in the 2006 film Casino Royale, as Artemisia in the 2014 film 300: Rise of an Empire.
She appeared in the 2003 romantic drama film The Dreamers for her role as Isabelle. She was nominated for the “European Film Award for Best Actress.”
Till now, she has not appeared in any TV show.
She is the brand ambassador of Montblanc, Emporio Armani and Lancôme. She has appeared in commercials on Christian Dior Midnight Poison Perfume, Briel, Heineken and others.
- Smokey eye makeup.
- Blue eyes and black hair.
- Husky vocal quality.
Awards & Nominations
|2004||17th European Film Awards||Jameson People’s Choice Award for Best Actress||The Dreamers||Nominated|
|2005||2005 Teen Choice Awards||Choice Movie: Love Scene||Kingdom of Heaven||Nominated|
|Choice Movie: Liplock||Nominated|
|2007||60th British Academy Film Awards||BAFTA Rising Star Award||Casino Royale||Won|
|4th Irish Film & Television Awards||Best International Actress||Nominated|
|2007 National Movie Awards||Best Performance by a Female Actress||Nominated|
|33rd Saturn Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Nominated|
|12th Empire Awards||Best Female Newcomer||Won|
|2015||2015 Fangoria Chainsaw Awards||Best TV Actress||Penny Dreadful||Nominated|
|19th Satellite Awards||Best Actress – Television Series Drama||Nominated|
|5th Critics’ Choice Television Awards||Best Actress in a Drama Series||Nominated|
|2016||73rd Golden Globe Awards||Best Actress – Television Series Drama||Nominated|
|6th Critics’ Choice Television Awards||Best Actress in a Drama Series||Nominated|
|2016 Fangoria Chainsaw Awards||Best TV Actress||Won|
|2017||2017 Fangoria Chainsaw Awards||Nominated|
|2017 Teen Choice Awards||Choice Fantasy Movie Actress||Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children||Nominated|
Eva Green Favorite
- Favorite Actors – Joaquin Phoenix, Edward Norton
- Favorite Actress – Isabelle Adjani
- Favorite Film Character – Adele Hugo in The Story of Adele H (1975)
- Favorite Singer – Snoop Dogg, Jaden Smith
- Favorite Food – Shave Ice, Tipsy Cake
- Favorite Place – Egypt, Australia
- Favorite Color – Blue, Yellow
- Favorite Film – Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones, Deadpool 2
- Favorite Hobbies – Driving, Singing
Eva Green Net Worth
Eva Green’s net worth has accumulated to approximately $10 million dollars.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – evagreenweb
Some Lesser Known Facts About Eva Green
- She is the niece of Marika Green.
- She also likes to play classical music.
- She has played the Bond girl in the 2006 film Casino Royale. She has become the fifth French actress to play a Bond girl.
- She also has a border terrier named Griffin.
- She likes to visit museums and collect religious icons and art.
- While growing up, she used to switch her time between Ramsgate, London, and Ireland.
- At 7, she visited Louvre Museum and hence developed her interest in Egyptology.
- She used to be a quiet girl in school.
- Eva Green developed her interest in acting at the age of 14 after seeing Isabelle Adjani in The Story of Adele H.
- She is Empire magazine’s 6th sexiest movie star of all-time. She was placed at #6 in 2007.
- In 2007, Green was voted the sixth-sexiest movie star of all-time by Empire. Empire also listed her character Vesper Lynd as the ninth-sexiest female character in cinema history.
- In 2011, Los Angeles Times Magazine listed Green at number 18 for their 50 most beautiful women in film.
- In 2011, Green signed with United Talent Agency in the US, remaining represented by Tavistock Wood in the UK.
- In 2012, she was listed number 57 in AfterEllen Hot 100.
- In April 2012, Shalom Liferanked her number two on its list of “the 50 most talented, intelligent, funny, and gorgeous Jewish women in the world”.
- In 2014, she played Artemisia in the 300 sequel, 300: Rise of an Empire for which she received excellent reviews.
- In 2016, Green reunited with Tim Burton in Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, a film based on the 2011 novel by Ransom Riggs.
- In 2018, she was appointed as a Chevalier of the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres, an honorary award given by the French government.
- Visit her official website @ evagreenweb.com.