Ed Sheeran is an English singer-songwriter, guitarist, record producer and actor. He attended the Academy of Contemporary Music in Guildford as an undergraduate from the age of 18 in 2009. In early 2011, Sheeran independently released the extended play, No. 5 Collaborations Project. After signing with Asylum Records, his debut album, + was released in September 2011. Having sold 791,000 copies in the UK by the end of the year, it stood as the ninth bestselling album there. It topped the UK and Australian charts, reached number five in the US, and has since been certified seven-times platinum in the UK. The album contains the single The A Team, which earned him the Ivor Novello Award for Best Song Musically and Lyrically. In 2012, Sheeran won the Brit Awards for Best British Male Solo Artist and British Breakthrough Act. Sheeran has sold more than 150 million records worldwide, making him one of the world’s best-selling music artists.
Edward Christopher Sheeran
Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer, Musician
Acoustic, Grime, Pop, Folk, Hip Hop
Vocals, BOSS Loop Pedal RC-30, Guitar, Percussion, Piano
Asylum, Atlantic, Elektra Records
Birthday / Date of Birth
Ed Sheeran was born on February 17, 1991, in Halifax, West Yorkshire, England.
He’s currently 28 years old.
He has English-Irish ancestry.
Ed attended Thomas Mills High School in Suffolk, England.
- Father – John Sheeran (Art curator and Lecturer)
- Mother – Imogen Lock (Jewellery Designer)
- Siblings – Matthew Sheeran (Older Brother) (Classical Composer)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ed Sheeran dated –
- Ellie Goulding (2013) – Ed Sheeran had a fling with Ellie when they both were seen holding hands of each other during MTV’s Video Music Awards 2013 nearing August 2013.
- Athina Andrelos (2014-2015) – Ed Sheeran started dating food stylist manager Athina Andrelos in January 2014. She was the inspiration For Ed’s song Thinking Out Loud. The couple dated for a year before calling it quits in February 2015.
- Cherry Seaborn (2015-Present) – In the summer of 2015, Ed started dating risk advisory consultant Cherry Seaborn. They had known each other since their high school time. After dating for more than 2 years, they got engaged in January 2018. In August 2018, he hinted that they married in a private ceremony, which was confirmed in July 2019 in the song Remember the Name.
- In feet – 5 feet 8 inches
- In centimeters – 173 cm
- In meters – 1.73 m
- In Kilograms – 82 kg
- In Pounds – 181 lbs
His singing skills, debut single The A Team and debut album +, released in 2011.
Ed released his debut studio album + on September 9, 2011, by Asylum Records and Atlantic Records. The album received the status of 6x Platinum in England and Ireland, 4x Platinum in Australia, etc.
Film & Television Debut
He didn’t appeared any film or television show.
Ed has appeared in Beats Solo2 commercial.
Ed Sheeran Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Jack Nicholson
- Favorite Actress – Meryl Streep
- Favorite 1D Member – Harry Styles
- Favorite Color – Blue
- Favorite Movies – Love & Sex (2000), Turn the River (2007)
Ed Sheeran Net worth
Ed Sheeran estimated net worth of $110 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ed Sheeran
- He started singing at the local church choir at the age of four. He also learned to play guitar himself. His father also used to take him to various musical concerts which inspired him to a great extent.
- His father John was an art curator and a lecturer while his mother Imogen was a cultural publicist who later became a jewelry designer.
- He was not lonely during school. He had a school time girlfriend (of 4 years) with him in 2012 during his + tour.
- At the age of 14, he released The Orange Room and also Spinning Man, both regarded as important works of his early years.
- He has done a gig in the past in Bristol (in South West England) to raise money for street sex workers. In this complete event, he was able to collect £40,000.
- Redhead Sheeran has a big crush on another redhead Emma Stone.
- In April 2011, he made an appearance in the TV music show Later… with Jools Holland to perform his debut single, The A Team which was released later as a digital download. It became a huge hit, selling over 58,000 copies in the first week itself. It also became one of the top ten songs in several countries such as Australia, Japan, Norway and New Zealand.
- In June 2015, his earnings were listed at $57 million for the previous 12 months by Forbes magazine, ranking him as the 27th highest-paid celebrity in the world.
- In December 2016, he announced that he was returning with his third album ‘÷’ (divide), which would be released on 3 March 2017.
- Visit his official website @ edsheeran.com.