Sam Smith is an English singer and songwriter. He rose to fame in October 2012 when he was featured on Disclosure’s breakthrough single Latch, which peaked at number eleven on the UK Singles Chart. His subsequent feature on Naughty Boy’s La La La earned him his first number one single in May 2013. In December 2013, he was nominated for the 2014 Brit Critics’ Choice Award and the BBC’s Sound of 2014 poll, both of which he won. He also became famous for being nominated for six Grammy Awards and for winning four of them. His singing style encompasses several genres such as pop, soul, R&B and others. He is also a famous social media celebrity and has huge fan following on various social networking sites such as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Samuel Frederick Smith
Pop, Soul, R&B
Birthday / Date of Birth
Sam Smith was born on May 19, 1992, in London, England.
He’s currently 27 years old.
Sam Smith attended St. Mary’s Catholic School in Bishop’s Stortford, England.
- Father – Frederick Smith (House Husband)
- Mother – Kate Cassidy (Banker)
- Siblings – Unknown
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sam Smith dated –
- Jonathan Zeizel – Sam Smith admitted that he was in a relationship with the actor and model Jonathan Zeizel, but the two split later.
- Brandon Flynn (2017-2018) – In September 2017, actor Brandon Flynn and Sam started dating each other. They called time off in June 2018 after spending about 9 months together.
- In feet – 6 feet 2 inches
- In centimeters – 188 cm
- In meters – 1.88 m
- In Kilograms – 92 kg
- In Pounds – 203 lbs
For his single Latch that appeared in the album Disclosure (October 2012) and La La Lafrom Naughty Boy (May 2013). He is also known for his debut studio album In the Lonely Hour (2014).
Sam Smith has not featured in any film till now.
Sam Smith released his debut album In the Lonely Hour in May 2014 via Capitol Records, which won Best Pop Vocal Album at the 57th Annual Grammy Awards.
Sam Smith first appeared in a TV series MSN Exclusives in 2012 as a performer.
Sam Smith hasn’t featured in any brand or commercial until now.
Sam Smith Favorites
- Favorite Song – Do it Again by Robyn
- Favorite Person – Alan Carr
- Favorite Boy Band – Earth Wind and Fire
- Favorite TV Show – Modern Family
- Favorite Color – Navy Blue
- Favorite Ice-Cream – Pistachio
- Favorite Alcohol – French Red Wine
- Favorite Late Night Snack – Cheese Sandwich
Sam Smith Net worth
Sam Smith estimated net worth of $25 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sam Smith
- At the age of 8 he learnt singing under a jazz pianist named Joanna Eden at Saffron Walden in Essex and later joined a jazz band.
- He started singing from a very early age and joined the Cantate Youth Choir and the Bishop’s Stortford Junior Operatics which later came to be known as Bishop’s Stortford Musical Theater Society.
- He is a godfather to Jimmy Napes’ son Jackson.
- He used to scrub bar toilets to earn a livelihood before he became a singer.
- Sam is a trained jazz singer.
- Smith is good friends with fashion model Daisy Lowe.
- He has a double-jointed index finger.
- He has sung a duet with Mary J Blige.
- Adele and Amy Winehouse are his influences in singing. He is also influenced by Lady Gaga, Christina Aguilera, Beyonce, Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey.
- In July 24, 2013 the first song Safe With Me was broadcast for the first time on the BBC Radio 1Xtra show conducted by Mistajam.
- In February, 2014 Sam Smith came out with his second album Money on My Mind which hugely boosted his image as an emerging singer.
- In February 25, 2015 he won the British Breakthrough Award for the single Lay Me Down at the 2015 Brit Awards competition held at The O2 Arena in London, England.
- In September 8, 2015 Smith corroborated the fact that he had collaborated with Jimmy Napes to compose the theme song Writings On The Wall for the 24th James Bond film Spectre which hit the top spot in the charts in the UK.
- In February 28, 2016 Smith was awarded the Best Original Song award for Writings On The Wall at the Academy Awards function.
- In 2017, he stated his latest album, The Thrill of It All, showed the gay guy I’ve become.
- In September 2017, Smith said in an interview on The Ellen DeGeneres Show that he was in a relationship; celebrity tabloid media reported Smith was dating actor Brandon Flynn.
- In October 2017, Smith told the LGBT publication Attitude I feel just as much a woman as I am a man. The same month, in an interview with The Sunday Times, Smith came out as genderqueer, saying that he never classed himself as being a typical man or cisgender.
- In June 2018, it was announced that Smith and Flynn had split after nine months of dating.
- You can visit his official website @ samsmithworld.com.