Beyonce Knowles is an American singer, songwriter, actress, record producer and dancer. She rose to fame in the late 1990s as lead singer of the R&B girl-group Destiny’s Child. Managed by her father, Mathew Knowles, the group became one of the best-selling girl groups in history. Their hiatus saw Beyoncé’s theatrical film debut in Austin Powers in Goldmember and the release of her first solo album, Dangerously in Love. The album established her as a solo artist worldwide, debuting at number one on the US Billboard 200 chart and earning five Grammy Awards, and featured the Billboard Hot 100 number one singles “Crazy in Love” and “Baby Boy”.
Beyoncé Giselle Knowles
Sasha Fierce, Be, Beyonce Knowles-Carter, Queen B, Bee, Mothe, JuJu, Queen Bey
Singer-Songwriter, Actress, Dancer, Record Producer
R&B, Pop, Hip Hop, Soul
Columbia Records, Parkwood Entertainment
Birthday / Date of Birth
Beyonce Knowles was born on September 04, 1981 in Houston, Texas, United States.
She is currently 37 years old.
She has African-American ancestry on her dad’s side while she is of Louisiana Creole descent (Native American, African, and French) with distant Spanish and Irish roots on her mother’s side.
Attended St. Mary’s Elementary School to get the education in Texas. She also learned dancing there. During 1990, she enrolled herself in Parker Elementary School, which is a music magnet school in Houston. She also went High School for the Performing and Visual Arts and later Alief Elsik High School.
- Father – Mathew Knowles (Medical-Equipment Salesman at Xerox)
- Mother – Celestine “Tina” Knowles (Hairdresser and Salon Owner)
- Siblings – Solange Knowles (Younger Sister) (Singer-songwriter, Actress), Bianca Lawson (Older Sister), Nixon Knowles (Younger Brother)
- Others – Daniel Julez Smith Jr (Nephew), Blue Ivy Carter (Daughter)
Her father, Mathew Knowles was her manager from 1989 to 2011. Now, she is her own manager.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Beyonce Knowles dated –
- Lyndell Locke (1993-2000) – Lyndell Locke dated Beyonce from 1993 until 2000.
- Jay-Z (2002-Present) – Beyonce after, many years of dating with American rapper, Shawn Corey Carter (better known by the stage name – Jay-Z) married him. They first met when they were on a tour with each other in 2002 and soon they started dating. The duo, then engaged in May 2005 and married on April 4, 2008, secretly in NYC. The couple has three children, daughter Blue Ivy Carter (b. January 7, 2012), and twins Rumi Carter (daughter; born – June 13, 2017) and Sir Carter (son; born – June 13, 2017). Rumi is older than Sir.
- Sean Paul (2003) – In 2003 end, Beyonce was rumored to be going out with singer and rapper, Sean Paul. It all started when they were working on Beyonce’s single “Baby Boy”.
- In feet – 5 feet 6½ inches
- In centimeters – 169 cm
- In meters – 1.69 m
- In Kilograms – 65 kg
- In Pounds – 143 lbs
- Measurements – 35-26-39
- Bust – 35 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 39 inches
- Bra Size – 32C
She dyes her hair ‘blonde’, ‘dark brown’ and other shades.
Dark Brown (Natural)
She reportedly wears colored contact lenses to make her eyes look ‘Hazel’.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
She wears a size 8 (US) shoe.
Her songs and albums Dangerously in Love (2003), B’Day (2006), I Am.. Sasha Fierce (2008), 4 (2011).
In 2001, musical film Carmen: A Hip Hopera for her role as a seductive actress, Carmen Brown. She debuted with this movie in acting and that too with a lead role.
Released in 2003, Dangerously in Love, is the debut studio album by Beyonce. It was released by Columbia Records. The album is pretty large with 60:52 minutes in length with a total of 15 singles.
In 1997, she appeared on the TV show MuchOnDemand as herself (guest). The TV series broadcasted on television from 1997 until 2010.
She has been seen in TV commercials for Tommy Hilfiger’s True Star fragrance (2004), McDonald’s (2005), Wal-Mart (2005), Samsung Phones (2007), Emporio Armani Diamonds perfume (2007), Studio Line hair products (2008), L’Oreal Paris beauty products, L’Oreal cosmetics, Pepsi (2012), H&M (2013), etc.
Beyonce Knowles Favorite
- Favorite Perfume – Tom Ford’s Black Orchid
- Favorite Food – Creole Food, Popeyes, Honey Nut Cheerios
- Favorite Fashion Idol – Célestine ‘Tina’ Beyincé (mother), Diana Ross, Tina Turner
- Favorite Color – Pink
- Favorite Place – 40/40 Club
- Favorite Rapper – Wyclef Jean
Beyonce Knowles Net worth
Beyonce Knowles’s net worth has accumulated to approximately $355 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Beyonce Knowles
- She was baptized with her mother’s maiden name as her first name.
- Beyonce has a cat, named “Master P”.
- Her singing talent was discovered when her dance instructor (in school) started humming a song and Beyonce completed that song.
- She was ranked no. 3 in the “100 Greatest Women in Music” list in 2012 by VH1.
- In 2005, Beyoncé teamed up with House of Brands, a shoe company, to produce a range of footwear for House of Deréon.
- In January 2008, Starwave Mobile launched Beyoncé Fashion Diva, a “high-style” mobile game with a social networking component, featuring the House of Deréon collection.
- In 2009, she was named “Top Female Artist and Top Radio Songs Artist of the 2000s decade” by Billboard.
- In 2013, the couple (Beyonce and Jay-Z) became the first-ever billion dollar couple in the music industry in the world.
- In April 2014, Beyonce became the highest paid black musician in the history.
- In October 2014, Beyoncé signed a deal to launch an activewear line of clothing with British fashion retailer Topshop.
- In 2015, Beyonce was titled the most powerful female in entertainment by Forbes.
- In December 2016, Beyoncé was named the Most Charitable Celebrity of the year.
- Michael Jackson positively influenced her music career.
- Michael Jackson concert was the first music concert she went to. Beyonce was 5 at that time.
- Beyoncé (@beyonce) is the eighth most followed user on Instagram 121.6 million followers.
- Visit her official websites @ beyonce.com.