Rita Ora is a British singer, songwriter and actress. She rose to prominence in February 2012 when she featured on DJ Fresh’s single “Hot Right Now”, which reached number one in the UK. Her debut studio album, Ora, released in August 2012, debuted at number one in the United Kingdom. The album contained the UK number-one singles “R.I.P.” and “How We Do (Party)”. Ora was the artist with the most number-one singles on the UK Singles Chart in 2012, with three consecutive singles reaching the top position.
Rita Sahatçiu Ora
Singer, Songwriter, Actress
Pop, Dance-Rock, R&B, Dance-Pop
Birthday / Date of Birth
Rita Ora was born on November 26, 1990 in Pristina, SFR Yugoslavia (Today Kosovo).
She is currently 28 years old.
Ora attended St Cuthbert with St Matthias CE Primary School in Earls Court, London. Post which she graduated from Sylvia Young Theatre School and then St Charles Catholic Sixth Form College.
- Father – Besnik Sahatçiu (Economist and a pub owner)
- Mother – Vera Sahatçiu (née Bajraktari) (Psychiatrist)
- Siblings – Elena (Older Sister), Don (Younger Brother)
- Others – Besim Sahatçiu (Grandfather) (Film Director)
She is signed to Turn First Artists.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rita Ora dated –
- Bruno Mars (2009-2011) – Rita Ora had been dating American singer, Bruno Mars for 2 years from 2009 until 2011. Dailymail.co.uk confirmed about their relationship.
- Cara Delevingne (2011) – This English model met Ora during a festival and were assumed to be dating together. But, either party didn’t agree. So, it was a RUMOR.
- Robert Kardashian Jr. (2011-2012) – American TV personality and the member of the Kardashian clan, Robert Kardashian dated Rita Ora for a complete year from December 2011 until December 2012.
- Asap Rocky (2012) – American rapper Asap Rocky and Rita Ora dated briefly in 2012.
- Evan Ross (2013) – Diana Ross‘s son, Evan Ross was seen kissing Rita in January 2013 during a party in New York. They had a fling with each other.
- James Arthur (2013) – In 2013, singers Rita Ora and James Arthur dated on and off several times. It was revealed by James in his autobiography titled Back to the Boy which was released in October 2017.
- Calvin Harris (2013-2014) – For a year, Ora dated Scottish DJ, Calvin Harris. They were an item from May 2013 to May 2014.
- Ricky Hil (2014-2015) – Tommy Hilfiger’s rapper son Ricky Hil (also known as Richard Hilfiger) and Ora were an item from June 2014 to July 2015.
- Travis Barker (2015) – Musician and drummer of rock band Blink-182, Travis Barker started dating Rita after meeting her at Power 106 All-Star Game in Los Angeles on September 20, 2015.
- Andrew Watt (2016) – American musician Andrew Watt and Rita were found cuddling and vacationing in Rome together in October 2016.
- In feet – 5 feet 5½ inches
- In centimeters – 166 cm
- In meters – 1.66 m
- In Kilograms – 55 kg
- In Pounds – 121 lbs
- Measurements – 34-25-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32A
Dyed Blonde. Her natural hair color is ‘Dark Brown.’
Her dress size is 4 (US).
She wears a size 8 (US) shoe.
Her debut album – “Ora”, which consisted of some no. 1 singles, “Hot Right Now”, “How We Do (Party)” and “R.I.P.”
In 2004, British crime film Spivs for her role as Rosanna.
Ora’s debut studio album, Ora was released in 2012. It had a total length of 42:48 minutes and released on August 27, 2012, under the Roc Nation label. This album debuted at no. 1 on UK Album Charts and Scottish Album Charts.
In 2009, Rita appeared as a contestant at Eurovision: Your Country Needs You for the honor of representing the United Kingdom at the Eurovision Song Contest 2009.
Rita has appeared in commercials for her record label, Roc Nation and also Skullcandy’s headphones in 2010. Other endorsements include that of Calvin Klein, Madonna‘s clothing line “Material Girl,” DKNY, Rimmel, Marks & Spencer, Adidas Originals, Coca-Cola, Samsung Galaxy S6, etc. She was the face of Roberto Cavalli Autumn/Winter 2014 campaign.
Rita Ora Favorite
- Favorite Beauty Products – Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair, Daily moisturizer with SPF 15, Sumptuous Mascara
- Favorite Designer – Phillip Lim, Celine
- Favorite Accessory – Shoes (especially sneakers)
- Favorite Fashion Designers – Riccardo Tisci, Frida Giannini, Alexander Wang, Prabal Gurung and Rag & Bone
- Favorite Shoe Designer – Christian Louboutin, Tabitha Simmons
- Favorite Food – Spanish
Rita Ora Net Worth
Rita Ora’s net worth has accumulated to approximately $20 million dollars.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Rita Ora
- Instagram – ritaora
- Twitter – Rita Ora
- YouTube Channel – Rita Ora, RitaOraVEVO
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rita Ora
- Ora means “watch” or “clock” in Albanian. Ora was added by her dad to the family surname so that it can be easily pronounced by the people.
- She began singing at a very young age.
- Rita was named after actress and dancer Rita Hayworth.
- She says Music is her baby but Clothes are her cousins.
- In 2010, Ora featured in a commercial for Skullcandy headphones. She appeared in two Calvin Klein campaigns, in 2010 and 2011.
- In January 2013, Ora revealed that her second album would be clearer and have more direction than the first one.
- In January 2014, Adidas announced a designer collaboration with Ora for their line of casual sports clothing, Adidas Originals.
- In 2014, she had two top-five UK singles; the song “I Will Never Let You Down” which debuted at number one, and she featured on Iggy Azalea’s “Black Widow” which peaked at number four in the UK, and the latter became Ora’s first top ten song on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart, peaking at number three.
- In December 2015, Ora filed a lawsuit against Roc Nation, seeking release from the label and citing that the contract she signed in 2008 is “unenforceable”, due to California’s “seven-year rule.”
- In 26 May 2017, Ora released her first solo single in almost two years, titled “Your Song”, which peaked at number seven in the UK.
- In 18 September 2018, Ora revealed the title of her second studio album, Phoenix, and its release date, 23 November.
- Visit her official website @ ritaora.com.