Hrithik Roshan is an Indian actor who appears in Bollywood films. He has portrayed a variety of characters and is known for his dancing skills. One of the highest-paid actors in India, he has won many awards, including six Filmfares, four for Best Actor and one each for Best Debut and Best Actor (Critics). In 2012, Hrithik appeared in Forbes India‘s Celebrity 100 based on his income and popularity.
Hrithik Rakesh Nagrath
Duggu, Greek God, HR
Birthday / Date of Birth
Hrithik Roshan was born on January 10, 1974, in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
He is currently 48 years old.
Hrithik attended Bombay Scottish School at Mahim in Mumbai. Finally, he went to Sydenham College to earn a bachelor’s degree in Commerce.
- Father – Rakesh Roshan (Film Director)
- Mother – Pinky
- Siblings – Sunaina Roshan (Elder Sister)
- Others – Roshanlal Nagrath (Paternal Grandfather) (Music Director), J. Om Prakash (Maternal Grandfather) (Producer and director), Rajesh Roshan (Uncle) (Music Director)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Hrithik Roshan has dated –
- Sussanne Khan (2000-2014) – On December 20, 2000, Hrithik married fashion designer Sussanne Khan (daughter of actor, director and producer Sanjay Khan). He knows him from the age of 12. They were among the same friend circle. Hrithik used to like her but couldn’t confess his feelings due to shyness. She later became his girlfriend for four years (before marriage). The couple has 2 sons – Hrehaan (born in March 2006) and Hridhaan (born in May 2008). After a long 17 year relationship the couple split on December 13, 2013. Their divorce was finalized on November 1, 2014 by Bandra family court in Mumbai.
- Kangana Ranaut (2013-2014) – Kangana and Roshan were romantically linked to each other from 2013 to 2014. They had started dating after working together on the movie Krrish 3.
- In feet – 5 feet 11¾ inches
- In centimeters – 182 cm
- In meters – 1.82 m
- In Kilograms – 86 kg
- In Pounds – 190 lbs
- Measurements – 46-32-17
- Chest – 46 inches
- Waist – 32 inches
- Biceps – 17 inches
Acting in superhero film series Krrish as Krishna “Krrish” Mehra / Rohit Mehra, as Aryan / Mr. A in action thriller film Dhoom 2 (2006).
In 2000, Hrithik debuted with romantic thriller film Kaho Naa… Pyaar Hai for his role as Rohit / Raj Chopra. He won Filmfare Award in two categories – “Best Actor”, and “Best Male Debut.”
In 2011, Hrithik was appointed as the judge of the Star Plus’s dance reality competition series Just Dance. The other judges were Vaibhavi Merchant and Farah Khan. He was paid INR 17.5 million per episode for this show, which is the highest in the television industry.
Omega watches, Honda bikes, Indian clothing line “Cinnamon”, Coca-Cola in India, Intel, iBall Slide, Acer laptops, Mountain Dew, Liberty Shoes, RADO Watches, Reliance watches, J Hampstead, Joy Alukkas Jewellers, Sony Ericsson Mobiles and the list goes on.
- In December 2000, riots began in Nepal after a rumour was spread that Hrithik made the anti-Nepal remark that he hated Nepal and its people. However, Hrithik denied making such comments and said, “I can name all the interviews I have given. All the tapes are there for anyone to see anytime. I have never spoken against Nepal or the Nepalese people, whom I love.”
- During his alleged affair with Barbara Mori, his then-wife Sussanne left his house, but later they united, sadly for not much longer as in 2014 they separated.
- A poster of Hrithik was distributed on the eve of a local government election. The poster portrayed him in a dancing pose and carried the slogan, Vote DA for all the people. DA is the opponent Democratic Alliance in South Africa, which led to prohibiting of Hrithik’s films in South Africa.
- He and Kangana Ranaut had a media-led fight, which started off with her calling him as a “silly ex”, and later resulted in full-blown name-calling, e-mail leaking, legal battle.
- Cars Collection – Rolls Royce Ghost Series II, Mercedes S500, Jaguar XJ, Ferrari Modena, Maserati Spyder, Porsche Cayenne Turbo, Range Rover Sport.
Hrithik Roshan Favorite
- Favorite Actor – Amitabh Bachchan, Raj Kapoor, Richard Gere, Steve Martin, Jerry Lewis
- Favorite Actresses – Madhubala, Madhuri Dixit, Kajol, Julia Roberts, Helen Hunt
- Favorite Film – Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge, Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai, Sholay, Pretty Woman, When Harry Met Sally…
- Favorite Vegetable – Broccoli
- Favorite Sport – Cricket
- Favorite Color – Black, White
- Favorite Superhero – Superman
- Favorite Perfume – Polo Sport
- Favorite Book – Easyway to Stop Smoking by Allen Carr
- Favorite Dancer – Shammi Kapoor, Michael Jackson
- Favorite Holiday Destinations – London (United Kingdom), Phuket (Thailand)
- Favorite Food – Dal, Chawal, Chicken, Mutton, All Vegetables, Italian, Mexican, Chinese Cuisines
Hrithik Roshan Net worth
Hrithik Roshan’s has an estimated net worth of $220 million dollars as of 2022.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Hrithik Roshan
- Hrithik comes from Punjabi background and a well-established filmy empire.
- His official surname is Nagrath, not Roshan.
- He was born with two thumbs on his right hand, and his classmates used to make fun of it.
- At the age of 6, he made his entry into Bollywood as a child artist in a dance sequence of 1980’s film- Aasha.
- With his first earnings of INR 100, which he got from shaking a leg next to Jeetendra in the movie Aasha, he purchased 10 Hot Wheel Cars that were in vogue at that time.
- Being a style icon, he has launched his fashion label brand named HRx, which deals in casual clothing.
- At the age of 19, he suffered from Scoliosis, a spinal disc herniation and he was told by the doctors that he would not be able to dance or act, but he struggled through his weaknesses, and the outcome is in front of everyone.
- In his debut, it was first expected that Kareena would be seen opposite him, but she walked out of the film due to some misunderstanding between Hrithik’s father and Kareena’s mother.
- On Valentine’s Day in the year 2000, he received around 30,000 marriage proposals from his fans.
- He got married to the first sight love of his life, Sussanne Khan on 20 December 2000 at Golden Resorts and Spa, situated on the outskirts of Bangalore.
- His signature dance moves in the song “Ek Pal Ka Jeena” became a nationwide sensation and a big craze among youth.
- He is good friends with the actor, director and producer Farhan Akhtar.
- While shooting for his film- Kites in 2009 in Los Angeles, USA, he met his dancing idol, Michael Jacksonare.
- Hrithik used to do stunts on his BMX bike to impress Sussanne, and she used to call him Bholunath.
- Hrithik motivates everyone to quit smoking, but there was a time when he was severely addicted to smoking. He told in an interview that Allen Carr’s publication- Easy Way to Stop Smoking, helped him a lot to quit this filthy habit.
- Hritikh has his wax statue established at Madame Tussauds’ museum.
- He launched an integrated and fun learning book series titled “Tactabet,” which is for the visually impaired people and kids with low vision published in Braille format.
- In 2019, he portrayed an Indian mathematician, and columnist in the biopic titled Super 30, directed by Vikas Bahl.