Kangana Ranaut is an Indian actress and director who works in Hindi films. One of the highest paid actresses in the country, she is the recipient of several awards, including three National Film Awards and four Filmfare Awards. Ranaut has featured five times in Forbes India‘s Celebrity 100 list. Ranaut is credited in the media as one of the most fashionable celebrities in the country and she has launched her own clothing lines for the brand Vero Moda. Her reputation for expressing her honest opinions in public and her troubled personal and professional relationships have frequently sparked controversy.
Kangana Amardeep Ranaut
Kangna, Arshad, OTA (One Take Actor)
Birthday / Date of Birth
Kangana Ranaut was born on March 23, 1986 in Bhambla, Himachal Pradesh, India.
She is currently 33 years old.
She is of Himachali descent.
Kangana Ranaut went to the DAV School in Chandigarh. She had taken science as the core subject with the aim to get admission in a medical institute after high school graduation. However, after she failed in chemistry in a unit test in 12th class, she decided against going for a career in medical field.
- Father – Amardeep Ranaut (Businessman)
- Mother – Asha Ranaut (School Teacher)
- Siblings – Rangoli Ranaut (Older Sister) (Works as Kangana’s Manager), Akshat Ranaut (Younger Brother)
- Others – Sarju Singh Ranaut (Great Grandfather) (Member of the Legislative Assembly)
Kangana Ranaut is managed by her sister Rangoli Ranaut.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kangana Ranaut dated –
- Aditya Pancholi (2004-2008) – Kangana first met actor Aditya Pancholi in June 2004 while he was supervising a construction of a building. Apparently, they had a mutual friend, who had asked Aditya to take care of her when she came to Mumbai. After that, she called him persistently till he agreed to meet her again. Soon after, he had fallen in love with her. But the relationship wasn’t made public and Kangana would call Aditya and his wife Zarina Wahab her family away from home. With the nature of Aditya and Kangana relationship constantly under speculation, it created quite a scandal. They eventually owned up to living in together. By the end of their relationship, Kangana accused him of assaulting her. In return, he contended that she was cheating on him, which forced him to act out.
- Adhyayan Suman (2008-2009) – Kangana started going out with actor Adhyayan Suman after they had grown close during the shooting of the song O Jaana from Raaz 2. They made their relationship public about a month after they had started dating. Adhyayan later claimed that he was forced by Kangana to make their relationship public. Further, he claimed that Kangana had regularly abused and physically assaulted him while they were dating, and dabbled Suman in black magic.
- Kintaro Mori (2009) – Kangana started going out with singer Kintaro Mori in 2009. She met Kintaro through his sister Barbara Mori, who was her co-star in Kites. Kintaro was reported to be the final blow to Adhyayan and Kangana’s relationship. Their relationship became public after they were pictured getting cozy at Hrithik’s birthday bash.
- Kunal Deshmukh (2009) – Kangana was linked with film director Kunal Deshmukh towards the end of 2009. She had even reportedly bought gifts for him from her trip to Italy.
- Dino Morea (2010) – Kangana was reported to be going with actor Dino Morea after they were pictured sharing a passionate kiss at second wedding anniversary party of Sanjay Dutt and Manyata.
- Ajay Devgan (2010) – In 2010, after appearing together in the Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai, the actors Kangana and Ajay Devgan were RUMORed to have hooked up together.
- Hrithik Roshan (2013-2014) – Kangana started going out with actor Hrithik Roshan in 2013. They had fallen in love while working in the action movie, Krrish 3. Their relationship came to end in 2014. They were later embroiled in a bitter legal battle as Hrithik accused her of fabricating their relationship, whereas they never had any romantic equation. She accused him of trying to bury their relationship due to his divorce proceeding and to preserve his clean image.
- In feet – 5 feet 8 inches
- In centimeters – 173 cm
- In meters – 1.73 m
- In Kilograms – 54 kg
- In Pounds – 119 lbs
- Measurements – 34-24-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
Her dress size is 4 (US).
She wears a size 8 (US) shoe.
Best Known For
Being cast in the lead role in comedy drama movie, Tanu weds Manu film series. Playing the critically acclaimed role of Rani Mehra in 2014 drama movie, Queen.
Ranaut made her film debut in the role of Simran in 2006 crime romantic film Gangster.
In 2010, Kangana was seen on the talk show Koffee with Karan as a guest. She was accompanied by Sanjay Dutt and Anil Kapoor.
Kangana Ranaut has done commercials for BoroPlus antiseptic cream (alongside Amitabh Bachchan), Livon, Reebok, Lavie, Tata Sky & Swachh Bharat Abhiyan. She has also appeared in print ads for Levi’s jeans, Marc Jacobs Sunglasses and Tanishq Jewelry.
- Curly Hair
- Shrill Voice
• During her initial days in Bollywood, she was in a relationship with Aditya Pancholi, who was around 20 years older than her and already married. However, things got complicated when she accused Aditya of violence and broke up with him.
• After her breakup with Adhyayan Suman, he said, “I was emotionally badgered because of my relationship. Kangna only knows how to use, abuse and throw. She has flooded me with abusive calls ever since the truth about her fake claims came out. I have remained silent on her abusive nature for so many years, but she is crossing all limits now. Since I haven’t been taking her calls, her aides have been calling my mother and harassing her.”
• She is known for her bold statements, but she made a blunder during a chat show by saying that, “Just good friends could be friendship plus f**k buddies. Just friends in Bollywood mean f**k buddies who are little promoted.”
• During the 2012 Blender Pride Fashion Week, in Mumbai, she suffered a wardrobe malfunction while walking the ramp for designer Gavin Miguel.
• She and Hrithik Roshan had a media-led fight which started off with her calling him as a “silly ex”, and later resulted in full-blown name-calling, e-mail leaking, legal battle.
Kangana Ranaut Favorite
- Favorite Actor – Aamir Khan, Shah Rukh Khan
- Favorite Actress – Sridevi
- Favorite Film – Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
- Favorite Book – The Story of My Experiments with Truth, Autobiography of Mohandas K. Gandhi
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Sport – Basket ball
- Favorite Perfume – Chanel No. 5
- Favorite Fashion Icon – Sonam Kapoor
- Favorite Restaurant – KongPoush in Mumbai
- Favorite Destination – Paris, Milan
- Favorite Hair Products – Fabindia Shampoos
- Favorite Cuisine – Italian Food
- Favorite Hobbies – Cooking, Reading, Writing, Doing Yoga
- Favorite Food – Berry Burst, Dal-Chawal
Kangana Ranaut Net Worth
Kangana Ranaut’s net worth has accumulated to approximately $12 million dollars.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – team_kangana_ranaut
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kangana Ranaut
- Her first crush was English footballer, David Beckham.
- She is a trained Kathak dancer.
- Her mother wanted her to get married at the age of 16. She was kicked out of her house as she wanted to join the glamour world.
- She is one of the youngest Indian actresses to win the National Film Awards at the age of 22, Best Supporting Actress for Fashion (2008).
- In 2005, her younger sister Rangoli was attacked with acid in 2005 by a man, who entered her house as a money order delivery boy.
- In 2007, the digital Bollyspice magazine placed Kangana on #3 spot on the list of “Top 10 Actresses of 2006”.
- She wrote her own dialogues in the film Queen (2013).
- In 2013, she was declared India’s hottest vegetarian by the animal rights organization PETA after conducting a poll.
- In 2007, she registered a police complaint against the actor and her then boyfriend Aditya Pancholi stating that he has assaulted her while under the influence of alcohol.
- She is a non-vegetarian turned vegetarian and in 2013 she was listed as “India’s Hottest Vegetarian” by PETA.
- In 2016, Hrithik Roshan filed a police complaint against Kangana claiming that she had been cyber stalking him and had harassed him.
- In 2015, she collaborated with fashion house Vero Moda to launch her clothing line, Marquee. She followed it up with Venice Cruise in 2016.
- She won the National Film Awards: Best Actress for Queen (2014) and Tanu Weds Manu Returns(2015).
- In September 2017, she revealed explosive things about her personal life and Bollywood film industry on Rajat Sharma‘s ‘Aap Ki Adalat’.