Huma Qureshi is an Indian film actress and model, who has received three Filmfare Award nominations. After working in several theatrical productions she moved to Mumbai and signed a two year contract with Hindustan Unilever to appear in television commercials. During the shoot for a Samsung mobile commercial, Anurag Kashyap noticed her acting ability and signed her for a three film deal with his company.
Huma Saleem Qureshi
Birthday / Date of Birth
Huma Qureshi was born on July 28, 1986 in Delhi, India.
She is currently 32 years old.
Huma Qureshi obtained a bachelor’s degree in History Honours from the University of Delhi. Qureshi has studied acting from a professional theater in Delhi.
- Father – Saleem Qureshi (Restaurateur)
- Mother – Ameena Qureshi
- Siblings – Saqib Saleem (Younger, Actor), Naeem Qureshi and Haseen Qureshi
Boyfriend / Spouse
Huma Qureshi dated –
- Arjan Bajwa – There is no information from Huma. But, she might have dated Arjan Bajwa, Indian actor who has acted in movies like Son of Sardar, Fashion, etc. According to an eyewitness, she and Arjan were sitting in a secluded corner of a cafe and were engrossed in chatting.
- In feet – 5 feet 7 inches
- In centimeters – 170 cm
- In meters – 1.7 m
- In Kilograms – 61 kg
- In Pounds – 135 lbs
- Measurements – 36-28-35
- Bust – 36 inches
- Waist – 28 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 33B
Her dress size is 8 (US).
She wears a size 8 (US) shoe.
Best Known For
Acting in her debut film Gangs of Wasseypur Part 1 and Gangs of Wasseypur Part 2.
In 2012, film Gangs of Wasseypur Part 1 for her role as Mohsina. Also it’s another part was released about 1½ months later. It was named as Gangs of Wasseypur Part 2. It is a Hindi language film.
Till now, she has not appeared in any TV show.
Huma has appeared in advertisements like Mederma Cream, Vita Marie, Saffola Oil, Samsung Guru, Pears Soap, Nerolac.
- There was a rumour about her closeness to Salman Khan’s much married younger brother, Sohail Khan. Sohail allegedly gave her some expensive gifts. Huma, however, criticized this rumour on Twitter and said that Sohail is like a brother to her.
- In 2014, as part of ‘Be unstoppable’ campaign, she covered Femina holding a mannequin in her hand which shows that a curvy body is an acceptable female figure and one should feel comfortable in her own body type. Though it received praises, the photoshoot also faced criticism for promoting ‘unhealthy’ body types.
- Pleasing Smile
- Nice Face
Awards & Nominations
|2012||Gangs of Wasseypur – Part 1 and
Gangs of Wasseypur – Part 2
|BIG Star Entertainment Awards||Most Entertaining Actor (Film) Debut—Female||Won|
|Filmfare Awards||Best Female Debut||Nominated|
|Filmfare Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Nominated|
|International Indian Film Academy Awards||Best Actress||Nominated|
|Screen Awards||Most Promising Newcomer–Female||Nominated|
|Best Supporting Actress||Nominated|
|South African Film and Television Awards||Debut Actor of the Year—Female||Won|
|South Asian Rising Star Film Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Won|
|Star Guild Awards||Best Female Debut||Nominated|
|Stardust Awards||Searchlight Best Actress||Nominated|
|Times of India Film Awards||Best Debut Female||Nominated|
|Shorts||Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles||Special Mention||Won|
|2013||D-Day||BIG Star Entertainment Awards||Most Entertaining Actor in a Thriller Film—Female||Nominated|
|2014||Zee Cine Awards||Best Actor in a Supporting Role—Female||Nominated|
|Ek Thi Daayan||Screen Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Nominated|
|Dedh Ishqiya||Stardust Awards||Breakthrough Supporting Performance—Female||Won|
|2015||International Indian Film Academy Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Nominated|
|2016||Badlapur||Filmfare Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Nominated|
Huma Qureshi Favorite
- Favorite Food – Shaami Kebabs, Biryani, Sushi, Galauti, Malai tikkas, Walnut Pie, Jalebi, Rabri, Kheer kadam, Mishti Doi
- Favorite Actor – Ranbir Kapoor, Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan
- Favorite Actress – Kajol
- Favorite Film – Bollywood: Kaagaz Ke Phool (1959), Om Shanti Om (2007), Harry Met Sally (1989), Titanic (1997), Blue Valentine (2010)
- Favorite Directors – Martin Scorsese, Rajkumar Hirani
- Favorite Fashion Brand – Zara
- Favorite Perfume – Daisy by Marc Jacobs
- Favorite Fashion Designer – Varun Bahl
- Favorite Restaurant – Saleem’s, Delhi
- Favorite Destination – Bali
- Favorite Color – Red
Huma Qureshi Net Worth
Huma Qureshi’s net worth has accumulated to approximately $5 million dollars.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Huma Qureshi
- Huma Qureshi’s father is a restaurant chain owner, who runs his chains all around Delhi under the name Saleem’s.
- She got her first modelling break in 2010 with the Samsung mobile ad with Aamir Khan, shot by Anurag Kashyap in Panchgani.
- She says that health is an amazing gift from God and does not emphasize on size zero.
- She was a theater artist and a model prior to coming to Bollywood.
- Huma did a cameo in Freida Pinto’s Trishna (2011), a British-Swedish-Indian drama film where she plays the role of an item girl.
- Huma has worked with theater directors like Aamir Raza Husain, Sohaila Kapur, Rahul Pulkeshi and NK Sharma of Act One Group.
- She has also performed an item number in a dubbed Hindi version of 2012 English film (released in UK) Trishna.
- Huma was to make her debut with the 2012 Tamil gangster-thriller film Billa 2. But, her name was called off.
- Even before the release of Gangs of Wasseypur, she signed 3 more films.
- In 2012, she was honored at the 2012 Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles for her performance as the titular character in the short film Sujata.
- In November 2018, she is filming for Deepa Mehta’s dystopian series Leila, based on the novel of the same name. It will release in 2019 on Netflix.