Aamir Khan is an Indian actor, director, filmmaker and television talk-show host. Through his career spanning over thirty years in Hindi films, Khan has established himself as one of the most popular and influential actors of Indian cinema. He has a large global following, especially in India and China and has been described by Newsweek as the biggest movie star in the world.
Khan is the recipient of numerous awards including nine Filmfare Awards, four National Film Awards and an AACTA Award as well as an Academy Award nomination. He was honoured by the Government of India with the Padma Shri in 2003 and the Padma Bhushan in 2010 and received an honorary title from the Government of China in 2017.
Mohammed Aamir Hussain Khan
AK, Mr. Perfectionist, Mamu
Actor, Producer, Director
Birthday / Date of Birth
Aamir Khan was born on the 14th of March 1965, in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
He’s currently 55 years old.
He is of Pathan descent.
Khan attended J.B. Petit School for his pre-primary education, later switching to St. Anne’s High School, Bandra until the eighth grade and completed his ninth and tenth grade at the Bombay Scottish School, Mahim, Mumbai, Maharashtra. Later he completed his twelfth grade from Mumbai’s Narsee Monjee College.
- Father – Tahir Hussain (Film producer; worked with his elder brother Nasir Hussain) (Died – February 3, 2010)
- Mother – Zeenat Hussain
- Siblings – Faisal Khan (Younger Brother) (Actor), Nikhat Khan (Sister), Farhat Khan (Brother)
- Relatives – Nasir Hussain (Uncle) (Aamir’s father’s elder brother) (Producer, director, screenwriter, actor), Imran Khan (Nephew)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Aamir Khan has dated –
- Reena Dutta (1986-2002) – Khan married Reena Dutta, who had a small part in Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak on 18 April 1986. They have two children, a son named Junaid and a daughter, Ira. Reena was involved briefly in Khan’s career when she worked as a producer for Lagaan. In December 2002, Khan filed for divorce. Reena took custody of both children.
- Kiran Rao (2005-Present) – After complete three years of filing divorce from Reena Dutta, Aamir married Kiran Rao on December 28, 2005. The couple has one child – Azad Rao Khan, who born via a surrogate mother.
- In feet – 5 feet 5 inches
- In centimeters – 165 cm
- In meters – 1.65 m
- In Kilograms – 73 kg
- In Pounds – 161 lbs
- Measurements – 43-15-33
- Chest – 43 in or 109 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 33 in or 84 cm
His shoe size is 8.5 (US).
His first feature film role was in the experimental film Holi (1984) and he began a full-time acting career with a leading role in the tragic romance Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak (1988). His performance in the film and in the thriller Raakh (1989) earned him a National Film Award in the Special Mention category.
Aamir established himself as a leading actor of Hindi cinema in the 1990s by appearing in a number of commercially successful films, including the romantic dramas Dil (1990) and Raja Hindustani (1996), for which he won his first Filmfare Award for Best Actor and the thriller Sarfarosh (1999).
In 1999 he founded Aamir Khan Productions, whose first film, Lagaan (2001), was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film and earned him a National Film Award for Best Popular Film and two more Filmfare Awards (Best Actor and Best Film).
Aamir made his directorial debut with Taare Zameen Par (2007) a major success that garnered him the Filmfare Awards for Best Film and Best Director. Khan’s greatest global success came with the thriller Ghajini (2008), the comedy-drama 3 Idiots (2009), the action film Dhoom 3 (2013), the satire PK (2014) and the sports biopic Dangal (2016) each having held the record for being the highest grossing Indian film.
In 1984, his first feature film role was in the experimental film Holi and he began a full-time acting career with a leading role in the tragic romance Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak (1988).
In May 6, 2012, Aamir made his small screen debut when he hosted the Star Plus’s talk show Satyamev Jayate and he was receiving ₹30 million per episode, which was the highest amount to be ever paid to any Indian host per episode.
Aamir Khan has signed a personal endorsement deal with the popular brand, Coca-Cola & Tata Sky.
Aamir Khan Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Amitabh Bachchan, Dilip Kumar, Daniel Day Lewis, Leonardo DiCaprio
- Favorite Actress – Waheeda Rehman, Geeta Bali, Madhubala, Sridevi
- Favorite Film – Pyaasa
- Favorite Restaurant – Frangipani at the Trident (Mumbai), India Jones (Mumbai)
- Favorite Fruit – Banana, Apple
- Favorite Tennis Player – Roger Federer
- Favorite Destination – Mahabaleshwar, Panchgani
- Favorite Cricketer – Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly
- Favorite Writer – Lav Nikolayevich Tolstoy
- Favorite Board Game – Settlers of Catan
- Favorite Song – Oh Re Taal Mile from Anokhi Raat (1968)
- Favorite Sport – Tennis, Cricket
- Favorite Food – Dal & Rice
Aamir Khan Net worth
Aamir Khan has an estimated net worth of $150 million dollars as of 2020. He owns a Mercedes Benz S600, Bentley Continental, Rolls Royce Ghost Phantom, Land Rover Range Rover SUV and BMW 6 series.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Aamir Khan
- Instagram – aamirkhan
- Twitter – Aamir Khan
Some Lesser Known Facts About Aamir Khan
- At the age of 8, he made a headstart of his career as a child actor in the film Yaadon Ki Baaraat which is considered the first Bollywood masala film.
- At 16, he worked as an Assistant Director with his friend Aditya Bhattacharya (Filmmaker Basu Bhattacharya’s son) in his silent experimental film titled Paranoia.
- In 1990, he was featured in Indra Kumar’s film, Dil which was his first major hit after four flops in a row.
- In 1990, Aamir was nominated for the Best Actor award for his movie Dil but the award went to Sunny Deol for Ghayal. He has been avoiding media reporting and attending award ceremonies since then.
- He has a pet dog named, Shahrukh.
- In 2008, Khan appeared in the movie Ghajini. The film was a major commercial success and became the highest grossing Bollywood movie of that year.
- In 2009, Khan appeared in the commercially and critically acclaimed film 3 Idiots as Ranchodas Chanchad. 3 Idiots became the highest grossing Bollywood film ever at the time breaking the previous record set by Ghajini which also starred Khan.
- In 2010, he released his production Peepli Live which was selected as India’s official entry for the 83rd Academy Awards’ Best Foreign Film category.
- In 2011, Khan released his home production Dhobi Ghat an art house film directed by his wife Kiran Rao.
- In 2012, he came up with an Indian television talk show, Satyamev Jayate which was aired simultaneously on Star Plus, STAR World, Doordarshan and completed three seasons in eight languages.
- In 2012, Khan starred in Reema Kagti’s neo-noir mystery film Talaash which was a joint production of Excel Entertainment and Aamir Khan Productions.
- In 2013, he was featured in the Time Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in The World list.
- In 2014, Khan appeared as the eponymous alien in Rajkumar Hirani’s comedy-drama PK. It also starred Anushka Sharma, Sushant Singh Rajput, Boman Irani and Sanjay Dutt in pivotal roles. The film received critical acclaim and emerged as the highest grossing Bollywood film of all time.
- In 2017, Aamir was first asked to gain 28 KG of weight and then lose 25 KG in the time duration of 5-6 months for his film, Dangal so that he could play older and younger versions of Mahavir Singh Phogat and he also got personally trained by Rahul Bhatt.
- In October 2017, Khan starred in a supporting role in his production Secret Superstar, with his Dangal co-star Zaira Wasim playing the lead role.
- In 2018, he was starred in Vijay Krishna Acharya’s film, Thugs of Hindostan based on a fictional novel titled Confessions of a Thug.
- Visit his official website @ aamirkhan.com.