Rani Mukerji is an Indian film actress. She is Known for her work in Hindi films, Mukerji is one of the country’s most popular and ranked among the highest paid actresses in the 2000s. She has received several awards, including seven Filmfare Awards and her roles have been cited in the media as a significant departure from previous screen portrayals of Indian women.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Rani Mukerji was born on the 21st of March 1978, in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
She’s currently 42 years old.
Mukerji received her education at Maneckji Cooper High School in Juhu and graduated with a degree in Home Science from SNDT Women’s University.
- Father – Ram Mukherjee (Former Director, Producer)
- Mother – Krishna Mukherjee (Former Playback Singer)
- Siblings – Raja Mukherjee (Older Brother) (Producer, Director)
- Relatives – Debashree Roy (Maternal Aunt) (Actress), Kajol (Paternal Cousin) (Actress), Ayan Mukerji (Paternal Cousin) (Scriptwriter, Director)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rani Mukerji has dated –
- Abhishek Bachchan (2005-2007) – In 2005, Rani began dating famous Bollywood actor Abhishek Bachchan. The relationship, however, did not last long and they decided to break up in 2007.
- Aditya Chopra (2007-Present) – In 2007, Rani began dating Indian filmmaker Aditya Chopra. In April 21, 2014, the couple tied the knot in a private ceremony in Italy. In December 9, 2015, they became proud parents to daughter Adira Chopra.
- In feet – 5 feet 3 inches
- In centimeters – 160 cm
- In meters – 1.6 m
- In Kilograms – 58 kg
- In Pounds – 128 lbs
- Measurements – 34-30-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 30 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 34B
She wears a size 7 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
Rani is best known for playing the characters such as Tina Malhotra in the Hindi romantic drama film Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Alisha in Hindi action crime drama film Ghulam, Saamiya Siddiqui in Indian romantic drama film Veer-Zaara, Maya Talwar in the Indian musical romantic drama film Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna, Rhea Prakash in Indian Hindi romantic comedy Hum Tum and many more.
In 1996, Rani briefly appeared in an Indian Bengali romantic comedy film titled Biyer Phool. In 1996, she made her film debut in the film Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat, she played the character of Mala Raj Bahadur Diwanchand.
In 1998, Rani made her first television show appearance on the reality show Super 7 as Herself.
Rani Mukerji has endorsed brands such as Dabur Amla, Raga Crystals, Good Knight, Anu Saree & Margov.
Rani Mukerji Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan
- Favorite Actress – Sridevi, Sharmila Tagore
- Favorite Film – Titanic
- Favorite Outfit – Saree
- Favorite Destination – Sikkim
- Favorite Perfume – Polo Sportv
- Favorite Color – Red, Blue
- Favorite Food – Fish Prepared by her Mother
Rani Mukerji Net worth
Rani Mukerji has an estimated net worth of $12 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
Rani does not have any official social media profiles.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rani Mukerji
- Rani is a private person and rarely interacts with media, unlike other celebrities.
- She changed the spelling of her surname from Mukherjee to Mukerji in her passport and hence opted not to change.
- Rani keeps on trying different role as she doesn’t want to be a typecast. She doesn’t like being monotonous in films and so she tries different drastic roles.
- In 1994, director Salim Khan approached Mukerji to play the lead female role in his directorial, Aa Gale Lag Jaa.
- In 1996, she did a cameo role at the age of 18 in her father’s Bengali film Biyer Phool.
- In 1998, she got her major breakthrough from the film Kuch Kuch Hota Hai.
- In 1998, Rani starred opposite Aamir Khan in Vikram Bhatt’s Ghulam, her first commercial success.
- In 2002 marked a turning point for her when she was cast by Yash Raj Films as the star of the drama Saathiya.
- In 2003, Rani replaced Aishwarya Rai to play the lead female role opposite Shah Rukh Khan in Aziz Mirza’s romance Chalte Chalte.
- In 2005, she is the first actor in Bollywood to win two awards simultaneously Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress awards in a single year at the Filmfare.
- In 2011, Film critic Aniruddha Guha of Daily News and Analysis described Mukerji’s performance in the film No One Killed Jessica as one of her best performances till date.
- In 2013, the film was screened at the Cannes Film Festival as part of the centenary year celebrations of Indian cinema.
- In 2014, she performed in Malaysia with Shah Rukh Khan, Madhuri Dixit, Yo Yo Honey Singh and Arijit Singh.
- In 2019, Rani reprised her role as Shivani Shivaji Roy in Mardaani 2 a sequel to Mardaani directed by Gopi Puthran, who wrote the first film.