Madhuri Dixit also known by her married name Madhuri Dixit Nene, is an Indian actress, producer, and television personality. One of the most popular and highest paid Hindi film actresses in the late 1980s and 1990s, she has been praised by critics for her acting and dancing skills. She is the recipient of numerous accolades including six Filmfare Awards. In 2008, the Government of India awarded her with the Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian honour of the country.
Madhuri Shankar Dixit
Madhuri Dixit Nene
Bubbly, Dhak-Dhak Girl
Birthday / Date of Birth
Madhuri was born on May 15, 1967 in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
She is currently 51 years old.
She attended Divine Child High School in Mumbai. She received her degree in Micro Biology from Parle College in Mumbai.
- Father – Late Shankar Dixit
- Mother – Snehlata Dixit
- Siblings – Ajit Dixit, Rupa Dixit, Bharati Dixit
Boyfriend / Spouse
Madhuri Dixit has dated –
- Anil Kapoor – She briefly dated Bollywood actor Anil Kapoor in the past.
- Sanjay Dutt – Madhuri Dixit and Sanjay Dutt began dating while filming for Saajan in 1990. Despite her parents objections, she continued to be in relationship with him until he was arrested in charges with TADA in 1993. Dutt was already married to Richa Sharma, however, they both were in relationship.
- Sriram Madhav Nene (1999-Present)– She married Sriram Madhav Nene, a cardiovascular surgeon from Los Angeles, on 17 October 1999. The couple together have two sons, Arin (b. March 2003) and Rayaan (b. March 2005).
- In feet – 5 feet 4 inches
- In centimeters – 163 cm
- In meters – 1.63 m
- In Kilograms – 66 kg
- In Pounds – 145 lbs
- Measurements – 36-28-35
- Bust – 36 inches
- Waist – 28 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 34C
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 8 (US).
In 1984, She made her acting debut with Bollywood film, Abodh alongside Bengali actor, Tapas Paul. She experienced difficult during her initial days of carer, as she faced a string of failures at box office. Her breakthrough role of Mohini in N. Chandra’s 1988 romantic thriller Tezaab opposite Anil Kapoor was her first hit. It went on to become the highest grosser for that year.
She made her television debut in 1985 with the reality TV show, Paying Guest. She appeared on the first episode of the show. In 2001, she made her debut as a host on Sony Entertainment’s show Kahina Kahi Koi Hai, a match making show. She also appeared as judge on the dance reality shows, Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa and So You Think You Can Dance (India).
Dixit has endorsed several brands and products like Olay, Oral B, Maggie, Dabur Chyawanprash, Eureka Forbes, Intex Technology, to name a few. She came into fire when Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) banned all nine variants of Maggi instant noodles from India, terming them “unsafe and hazardous” for human consumption, which were endorsed by the actress.
- Her kissing scene with actor Vinod Khanna, who was 20 years elder to her for the film Dayavan (1988) was counted among one of the creepiest kissing scenes ever. She has confessed that she should have rejected that entire scene altogether.
- She used to promote the product of Maggie saying that it is very healthy for kids. But, after the Maggie controversy (MSG in high amount) in 2015, she was badly criticized for it. A district court directed police to register an FIR against Amitabh Bachchan, Madhuri and Preity Zinta, for this.
- If rumours are to be believed, then in 2012 she demanded a huge amount of 9 – 10 Crore (INR), to be the brand ambassador of Maharashtra. The news soon spread quickly and she was criticized for acting so pricey and later Hrithik Roshan replaced her.
Madhuri Dixit Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Balraj Sahni, Gregory Peck
- Favorite Actress – Nargis, Madhubala, Ingrid Bergman
- Favorite Movies – Garam Hawa, Ganga Jamuna, Sholay, Roman Holiday, All About Eve
- Favorite Dancer – Hema Malini, Helen, Birju Maharaj, Gene Kelly
- Favorite Perfume – Nina Ricci, Issey Miyake
- Favorite Book – A Quiver Full of Arrows by Jeffrey Archer
- Favorite Color – Orange
- Favorite Sport – Tennis
- Favorite Holiday Destination – Maldives
- Favorite Food – Kande Pohe, Zunka Bhakar, Modak
Madhuri Dixit Net worth
Madhuri Dixit has an estimated net worth of $35 million as of 2019. She takes Rs 4- 5 crore per film and Rs 25 crore for one season of the reality dance show, ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’. She also earns tons of millions form brand endorsements, television appearances, event appearances and films. She is one of the richest actresses of Bollywood. Eureka Forbes roped in Madhuri Dixit Nene and Dr. Shriram Nene for 5 years as goodwill ambassadors of its water purifier brand Aquaguard for Rs.100 Crore. Madhuri has several proprieties in possession with her in Mumbai and the US. She lives with her family in a luxury apartment in the posh area of Mumbai. She has an impressive collection of exotic cars featuring Audi, Rolls Royce and Skoda Rapid.
Social Media Portfolio
Some Lesser Known Facts About Madhuri Dixit
- Madhuri was born to a middle-class Marathi-Brahmin family.
- Madhuri intended to become a dancer and therefore started learning dance from age three. She is also an accomplished Kathak dancer and has received many awards for the same.
- She would have been a microbiologist if were not an actress.
- In 2008, she was conferred with the Padma Shri, India’s fourth highest civilian award by Government of India.
- Madhuri Dixit is the 6th Bollywood celebrity to have wax statue at Madame Tussauds, London.
- Famous painter M.F. Hussain had a celebrity crush on Madhuri, that made him to watch her film Hum Aapke Hain Kaun 67 times. He has painted her in different themes and in 200, he made a film Gaja Gamini starring her as a tribute to Madhuri.
- She is referred to as the “Dhak Dhak Girl”, she is famous for her dance in the song “Dhak Dhak Karne Laga” from the film Beta.
- Dixit was the first Bollywood actress to get remuneration in crores. She was paid double the salary of Salman Khan for the film Hum Aapke Hain Koun (1994).
- Madhuri Dixit had a celebrity crush on cricketer Sunil Gavaskar.
- In 2001, she won INR 5,000,000 on the TV show Kaun Banega Crorepati and donated this amount for the welfare of victims of earthquake in Gujarat and to an orphanage in Pune.
- She is the only actress in Bollywood who have been nominated 14 times for Filmfare Award for Best Actress and won 4 awards in the Best Actress category and 1 in the Best Supporting Actress Category.
- In 2013, she launched an online dance academy called Dance With Madhuri. She even today practises Kathak thrice in a week.
- In 2014 Madhuri was appointed the UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador in India.